Refuse for backing up cashier

Did anyone has experienced TM hides and refuses the cashier backup calls??
One of softline TMs refuse the backup calls bcuz of "germs", and I believe TL knows this thing but didn't say anything.
That really annoys me sometimes when I run back n forward many times that no one wants to take turns for the call.

When I was LOD everyone responded to backup, every time. If you didn't respond, I just made you cashier the rest of your shift. Then there were no more backups.

If you were always mysteriously busy when I called, I would come look, and if you were lying I sent you home.

If you have a problem interacting with the public during covid, that's fine. Maybe retail isn't the place for you to be working.

Problem is, it's a no win scenario. It was near the end of my time and everyone says it's worse now. Go backup, and get in major trouble for not completing tasks. Work at your tasks so it's an acceptable amount done, get in trouble for not backing up. Short of giving more hours, how are sales floor TMs able to win, able to do all demands?

When I was LOD everyone responded to backup, every time. If you didn't respond, I just made you cashier the rest of your shift. Then there were no more backups.

If you were always mysteriously busy when I called, I would come look, and if you were lying I sent you home.

If you have a problem interacting with the public during covid, that's fine. Maybe retail isn't the place for you to be working.
Right, so we should just find another job because it's THAT easy.

The company pandemic policy states that TMs cannot be made to do something that they don't feel safe doing.

The company pandemic policy states that TMs cannot be made to do something that they don't feel safe doing.
I didn't say it was easy. I said if you don't like interfacing with the public during a pandemic then retail isn't the place to be.

No one can force you to do it. They can schedule someone who will.

I didn't say it was easy. I said if you don't like interfacing with the public during a pandemic then retail isn't the place to be.

No one can force you to do it. They can schedule someone who will.
Fortunately I contribute more to my store than just my ability to ring a register. And I do a job that everyone else in my department seems to hate, so that works in my favor.

Varies by store. Our cashiers leave as soon as the last guest is rang up.
Would be awesome if we were allowed to leave after last guest at my store. If that happened I wouldn’t have a problem with Gm style not helping with backups on check lanes but, if I have to stay and help them then they should back up.

this is true but you also cant abuse that policy either. you cant say you feel unsafe behind a plexi glass at the front due to covid and have no issue on the floor when guest walk up to you with no barrier, even the maskless ones now, oh and the reshop you touch and work on that guest have returned from god knows where.

Cashiers help GM. When???

I know how to do reshop, push truck, back stock, and do pulls (ok I only did that one night). I can also do opu. Oh I can use the baler too. I've been a cashier since the day I started at spot. We have several cashiers who can help in GM. Some of us can't stand to be bored so we ask for things to do.

Most retailers do, but the issue with Target is how often - many front end TMs are trigger-happy and are not trying to be as self-sufficient as possible. It's just not a good look when you are calling for backup with GS people standing around, or the FOS attendant, or the TL, or the cart cleaner, or all of the above. Pulling folks off the floor should be s last resort.

Most retailers do, but the issue with Target is how often - many front end TMs are trigger-happy and are not trying to be as self-sufficient as possible. It's just not a good look when you are calling for backup with GS people standing around, or the FOS attendant, or the TL, or the cart cleaner, or all of the above. Pulling folks off the floor should be s last resort.
I agree but it’s hard to pull GS bc yeah right this second we may be standing but at any moment 5 drive ups could arrive at once (last week we had 15 at once!) which would be a problem if we’re all (or all but one) are on the lanes

at my store it’s usually grab one GS person if it’s dead, otherwise, style/GM.

Lol. When I was at Kroger half the cashiers at any given point were backup.

I agree but it’s hard to pull GS bc yeah right this second we may be standing but at any moment 5 drive ups could arrive at once (last week we had 15 at once!) which would be a problem if we’re all (or all but one) are on the lanes

at my store it’s usually grab one GS person if it’s dead, otherwise, style/GM.
That is true, drive-up has changed the game.

We have the opposite problem. The other leads at my store seem to think they know how to run the front end better than the Service and Engagement leads.:rolleyes: They are constantly calling for unneeded backups and it has gotten considerably worse with people social distancing while waiting in line.

Back