Refuse for backing up cashier

Did anyone has experienced TM hides and refuses the cashier backup calls??
One of softline TMs refuse the backup calls bcuz of "germs", and I believe TL knows this thing but didn't say anything.
That really annoys me sometimes when I run back n forward many times that no one wants to take turns for the call.

Other than Target name a retail store that call for backup.
I’d imagine most retailers do since payroll is their number one controllable expense. It makes way more sense to schedule the least amount of hours possible on the front end if you can rely on the salesfloor to pick up the slack for that (what they think) 30 minutes to a few hours spread throughout the entire business day to accommodate the rushes. And that hypothesis relies on mgrs in multiple departments communicating with each other to come up with a plan wrt break schedules, workload, etc.

We all know how that doesn’t go.

I’d imagine most retailers do since payroll is their number one controllable expense. It makes way more sense to schedule the least amount of hours possible on the front end if you can rely on the salesfloor to pick up the slack for that (what they think) 30 minutes to a few hours spread throughout the entire business day to accommodate the rushes. And that hypothesis relies on mgrs in multiple departments communicating with each other to come up with a plan wrt break schedules, workload, etc.

We all know how that doesn’t go.

This has actually been proven to be a huge missed consideration in a multi-line style setup.

Customers generally associate wait times with the number of open registers, not how quickly the line moves.

Back