Remodel 2020

There’s some scopes to remove the nodes and mod fitting rooms. Seasonal corner is the only one that makes sense and looks the best.

Mod fitting rooms? You mean like how my store has the three fitting rooms? One main one with five rooms, a separate one with four, and the single-stall men's fitting room?

My store has three nodes: Jewelry/Accessories, Kids, and Fan Central.

I love the fact that Target went all-in on this visual crap and now they're realizing "hm wait maybe not".

I’ve been asked to be on the remodel team for our store. I’m looking forward to it.
What will it entail? Does it give me a leg up for promotion?

Mod fitting rooms? You mean like how my store has the three fitting rooms? One main one with five rooms, a separate one with four, and the single-stall men's fitting room?

My store has three nodes: Jewelry/Accessories, Kids, and Fan Central.

I love the fact that Target went all-in on this visual crap and now they're realizing "hm wait maybe not".
Yes the single stall, one of my FCs called it an outhouse, I died in terror when someone made it actually happened.

My first remodel had Trend Spot - now CB1, Beauty/JA Node, Fan Central, and kids node, Kitchen Corner and Seasonal Corner. Fan central would be good if it was up near the front of the store not hidden in the center

Some things they should keep, others not so much. The huge LEGO ISM should have stayed, such a focal for stores. The sound tubes were a fail and a nightmare to install.

I’ve been asked to be on the remodel team for our store. I’m looking forward to it.
What position are they offering? There’s many different key roles; it’s good experience to learn almost every area of the store in a short amount of time just being on the team in general.

If your fairly new, you probably won't be in any kind of leadership role. But remodel is a good time to gain experience in setting planogram, learning new fixtures, etc. But then again they might just have you demerch/push, or watch the doors...

If your fairly new, you probably won't be in any kind of leadership role. But remodel is a good time to gain experience in setting planogram, learning new fixtures, etc. But then again they might just have you demerch/push, or watch the doors...
I wasn’t expecting a leadership role for the remodel team, but using the experience to gain a leadership role after the remodel. You are correct, I’m new to the company ( only 2 months), but I’ve been in retail for many years with management part of that time. So I’m hoping this will give me a leg up.

Does Target provide training for the people doing the remodel?
They typically pull Presentation peeps and experienced TMs to carry the remodel team since it’s just essentially taking off product, setting new area and re pushing all the product. There are typically some external hires to fill the extra hours and they’re trained as you go. Typically only the ETL Remodel gets real remodel training before it starts

Yes the single stall, one of my FCs called it an outhouse, I died in terror when someone made it actually happened.

My first remodel had Trend Spot - now CB1, Beauty/JA Node, Fan Central, and kids node, Kitchen Corner and Seasonal Corner. Fan central would be good if it was up near the front of the store not hidden in the center

Some things they should keep, others not so much. The huge LEGO ISM should have stayed, such a focal for stores. The sound tubes were a fail and a nightmare to install.

We need to nuke the CB1 and CB2 IMO.

OPU space cut our CB1 by 2/3 now viewing the VMG is all screwed up because we don't have the right fixtures or spacing.

We need to nuke the CB1 and CB2 IMO.
CB1 is totally unnecessary. CB2 brings in the floral vendor, which they should analyze which stores benefit from it.
One of my previous projects is getting the nodes removed and a bunch of work adjusted or removed from the previous remodel. Gave me the migraine I have just thinking about it.

This is why we kept ours locked until they finally removed it. It was located way at the back of men's between the underwear and sporting goods. No good would have come from having that thing open. Every single one of us, including the SD (who tried to refuse the thing in the first place) said "Oh, fuck no, who thought this thing was a good idea?" when it appeared.

CB1 is totally unnecessary. CB2 brings in the floral vendor, which they should analyze which stores benefit from it.
One of my previous projects is getting the nodes removed and a bunch of work adjusted or removed from the previous remodel. Gave me the migraine I have just thinking about it.

I mean they could just do an amplified gifting fixture for the floral stuff. A bookcase with one shelf.

So with the removal of nodes, what do they do with the empty space? Expand the softlines floorpads ever so slightly? My store is wrap with nodes. I feel like it'd be so weird to do.

I mean they could just do an amplified gifting fixture for the floral stuff. A bookcase with one shelf.

So with the removal of nodes, what do they do with the empty space? Expand the softlines floorpads ever so slightly? My store is wrap with nodes. I feel like it'd be so weird to do.

From what I heard it’s more A&A space. Amp could have been a possibility, but some stores I’ve seen had a major increase with strictly CB2 floral in the 2/4 stores that added CB2. With what I’ve seen the floral higher vol stores receive off C&S, shipments aren’t nearly enough for what they sell in a week.

This is why we kept ours locked until they finally removed it. It was located way at the back of men's between the underwear and sporting goods. No good would have come from having that thing open. Every single one of us, including the SD (who tried to refuse the thing in the first place) said "Oh, fuck no, who thought this thing was a good idea?" when it appeared.
We kept ours locked too but a dumb BP kept coming around saying “it’s not brand, keep it open.” PLEASE, the mess that’s gonna happen is not brand! Cleaning crew going to quit the store if they see it happen again!

The New Tech Layout looks very nice & I see very few things that may be a issue for it. I love how it’s more open compared to the “current” layout. We get many complaints guests and tms that is crammed to much.

Back