Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Are you an HRBP? Depends on the market I suppose, but yeah she's having a great time even in the busy urban market she relocated to. She says it's way easier than her ETL assignments.
Are you an HRBP? Depends on the market I suppose, but yeah she's having a great time even in the busy urban market she relocated to. She says it's way easier than her ETL assignments.

Merriam-Webster: cushy: entailing little hardship or difficulty a cushy job with a high salary.

But I give you credit for trying to backtrack there.

Merriam-Webster: cushy: entailing little hardship or difficulty a cushy job with a high salary.

But I give you credit for trying to backtrack there.
I'm super confused. I'm saying HRBP is a relatively easy, well-paid job. I'm saying that my friend thinks it's even easier and less stressful than her ETL assignments, despite her being in a really busy and therefore a purportedly stressful market. I don't think I've contradicted myself or backtracked.

Last edited:
I've been thinking of going back to school to get my degree and of course using tuition assistance. I thought business administration would be the best for me. Then try to move into HR but with the HR ETL position going away; I'd figured I could work towards ETL GE or HR for another company if things don't work out the way I'd hoped.

I've been thinking of going back to school to get my degree and of course using tuition assistance. I thought business administration would be the best for me. Then try to move into HR but with the HR ETL position going away; I'd figured I could work towards ETL GE or HR for another company if things don't work out the way I'd hoped.
Wait, since when is the ETL-HR position going away?

Hmmm....maybe that's why my HR ETL is suddenly doing a lot of stuff on the salesfloor?
Well that might be because you’re no longer hiring and we’re a week away from Christmas. After Thanksgiving things die down a little in HR.

Well that might be because you’re no longer hiring and we’re a week away from Christmas. After Thanksgiving things die down a little in HR.
For some reason my store is still hiring this week. I don’t understand why hire seasonal if there gonna be let go in less than 2 months.

Shoutout to everyone who actually does their missing punches on Workbench instead of the paper form. Our clerical hates the form but everyone at my store insists on doing them for some reason.
Don’t let them use forms. All missing punches should be submitted through my time. Only exceptions would be for bereavement. (Unless something changed since I left...but TMs should know how to log into eHR and submit a missing punch. That’s just standard work).

Don’t let them use forms. All missing punches should be submitted through my time. Only exceptions would be for bereavement. (Unless something changed since I left...but TMs should know how to log into eHR and submit a missing punch. That’s just standard work).
This.
Our HRTM told them if they wanted to get paid for their hours worked they'd better fix it & the paper forms were for newbies ONLY.
You DON'T piss off the person who handles your pay.

Another exception is sick time (for states that have it).

I just don’t see why it’s so hard to remember to punch? Like don’t you wanna get paid PROPERLY?

Most of the missing punches happen because people purposely skip the time clock. It could be reasons like people covering up being late to work, being late to lunch (meal compliance), doing time fraud, etc. It could also be the time clock not letting people punch in (due to shift being changed or added last minute) but the time clock was not overridden so they just don't punch in.

Last edited:
Another exception is sick time (for states that have it).

Most of the missing punches happen because people purposely skip the time clock. It could be reasons like people covering up being late to work, being late to lunch (meal compliance), doing time fraud, etc. It could also be the time clock not letting people punch in (due to shift being changed or added last minute) but the time clock was not overridden so they just don't punch in.

ITA. I really don’t like having to correct 25ish punch corrections manually every Monday. My STL won’t let them ride because they like to keep a sharp eye on payroll. My thought is the tm’s be short in their paychecks once and they’ll remember to fix punches after that.

ITA. I really don’t like having to correct 25ish punch corrections manually every Monday. My STL won’t let them ride because they like to keep a sharp eye on payroll. My thought is the tm’s be short in their paychecks once and they’ll remember to fix punches after that.

Unfortunately, this lesson was not learned at my store. If they were short in their paychecks because they didn't fix punches, then they just demanded a voucher and my ETL-HR made my co-worker and I do historical edits, hassle HROC for vouchers, cash out the vouchers, prepare paperwork, and pay the TMs. My ETL-HR did not care that this was reinforcing bad behavior because they were not the one who had work their butt off to get vouchers. In the end, it is the HRTMs who suffer from others' mistakes and poor decision making... (T_T)

Speaking of poor decision making, the worst is when the STL incorrectly believes that not fixing any missed punches at all on payroll day will help payroll. Not correcting certain punches will actually use more payroll so STLs need to stop believing this fallacy. Plus, the hell that an HRTM has to go through afterward to quickly get cash vouchers for a whole bunch of TMs in time by payday Friday is just awful.

Last edited:
Our HRBP showed up for a visit this week, walked the floor on her own and ask TMs detailed questions about their work centers. Probably not a good sign.
I accidentally gave my HRBP great guest service once because I didn't know who she was, lol. Thank God for small miracles I guess, right?

Back