Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

I just don’t see why it’s so hard to remember to punch? Like don’t you wanna get paid PROPERLY?
But if you get asked to come in early and no one keys you into the schedule and there's no LOD to clock you in...well, I'm not sitting around waiting for them to get their asses in gear when I can be working.

But then, my HRTL wouldn't let me correct that one 😂

Stores with in high volume still have them otherwise the position is given to a srtl

I was under the impression that they tried replacing the etl-hr with a srtl and it wasn’t working because the position demands a person who is pretty much on call for any serious HR issues.

I was under the impression that they tried replacing the etl-hr with a srtl and it wasn’t working because the position demands a person who is pretty much on call for any serious HR issues.

Correct, some lower volume stores in my district have a SRTL-HR but ironically both STL's at those stores promoted from ETL HR and are able to support.

Mine is low-ish volume and we have 2 HRTMs now instead of 1. So having a SrTL does seem to be working for us.

Whether your store can work with a SrTL HR or needs an ETL-HR deals a lot with how (in)dependent your team members are, the culture of your store and the management skills of your ETLs and STL. I don't think it has much to do with volume size or sales. That being stated, sometimes having a SrTL HR is more beneficial than having an ETL-HR as the SrTL HR typically understands employee issues better than ETLs (e.g. time management, how store leaders are viewed by TMs). Again, it is ASANTS...

HRTM’s,

Do you guys follow a task list everyday like I do? Just curious to see how your day goes compared to mine! :)

HRTM’s,

Do you guys follow a task list everyday like I do? Just curious to see how your day goes compared to mine! :)

Back when I was one I did. It's helpful because so much of being an hrtm varies from day to day. You can end up preparing for an event, doing the calendar then realize oh shoot i forgot to print the paycheck sign out sheet when it's time to clock out.

Plus I had to send in the coupons via ups campus ship and I often forgot that because at certain stores hr doesn't do it

Last edited:
Back when I was one I did. It's helpful because so much of being an hrtm varies from day to day. You can end up preparing for an event, doing the calendar then realize oh shoot i forgot to print the paycheck sign out sheet when it's time to clock out.

Plus I had to send in the coupons via ups campus ship and I often forgot that because at certain stores hr doesn't do it
Glad to hear I’m not the only one! Idk what I would do without my task list! So necessary for HR especially since we do so much! I can only imagine how much ETL-HR’s do!

We have a checklist but at the point it's all routine for me. The thing I would be lost without is my planner! Everything from key dates to birthdays to potential fun days are in there. I get an idea or run in to an issue, I jot it down so I can come back to it if needed or I've got it ready if I have to call HROC.

Would any of my HR friends mind sharing with me how many HR hours they get per week? Feel free to pm me if you don’t feel comfortable posting openly.

I get 40 in HRTM although have taken vacation days when payroll is cut. Makes good time to do stuff like job apps!!! We used to have 3 HRTM but now just one. Like LUR99 I will help out elsewhere if I am done with HR for the day although that can be rare.

Right now Im sitting at 32 by choice. I have a second job so in total I work about 70 hours and I go to school online. 40 hrs a week at the bullseye (plus some OT here and there) was killing me!!! There is one other HRTM at my store but she's only a fill-in for me, other than that she works out on the floor.

Right now Im sitting at 32 by choice. I have a second job so in total I work about 70 hours and I go to school online. 40 hrs a week at the bullseye (plus some OT here and there) was killing me!!! There is one other HRTM at my store but she's only a fill-in for me, other than that she works out on the floor.
Did you ask if the other hr wanted some hours?

Hey guys!

Just wondering if you guys know why some of the trainings aren’t in Spanish? I have TM’s that speak only spanish but the training is only in English. To be specific it’s the Heat exposure training (ST0076).

🙋🏾‍♀️
I have a question. What makes it take so long for someone to be added back to the system as active after a LOA. I've been back since last Sunday, I called Reed three weeks in advance even. I can't clock in. I can't change my availability. I can't do electronic punch corrections. I've been filling out paper ones. I have to get someone to log in and tell me my schedule each week. It's starting to become annoying.

I can clean out the register if I wanted to though.

🙋🏾‍♀️
I have a question. What makes it take so long for someone to be added back to the system as active after a LOA. I've been back since last Sunday, I called Reed three weeks in advance even. I can't clock in. I can't change my availability. I can't do electronic punch corrections. I've been filling out paper ones. I have to get someone to log in and tell me my schedule each week. It's starting to become annoying.

I can clean out the register if I wanted to though.
Ask your hr for help.

Back