Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

🙋🏾‍♀️
I have a question. What makes it take so long for someone to be added back to the system as active after a LOA. I've been back since last Sunday, I called Reed three weeks in advance even. I can't clock in. I can't change my availability. I can't do electronic punch corrections. I've been filling out paper ones. I have to get someone to log in and tell me my schedule each week. It's starting to become annoying.

I can clean out the register if I wanted to though.
MyTime and LeavePro are the definition of out of sync. It’s so annoying. I try to return TM’s from LOA days before they’re scheduled to return just to be safe.

It depends on the week for me.
I have two HRTMs at my store and we each get about 34-35 hours a week. But 5-10 hours of the is cashiering

🙋🏾‍♀️
I have a question. What makes it take so long for someone to be added back to the system as active after a LOA. I've been back since last Sunday, I called Reed three weeks in advance even. I can't clock in. I can't change my availability. I can't do electronic punch corrections. I've been filling out paper ones. I have to get someone to log in and tell me my schedule each week. It's starting to become annoying.

I can clean out the register if I wanted to though.

Did you log in to leavepro and submit that you are back?

Did you log in to leavepro and submit that you are back?
It’s working now after they made a phone call.
Also, I didn’t do anything with leavepro. Don’t even know what that is or how to access it. I’m guessing someone else did that for me.

Question for all of you,
Does the ETL SF at your store change the schedule AFTER the ETLHR has finished it? Like Pre-Post. Because my ETLSF has a habit of doing that. Like she will change my schedule along with the other HRTM. Also, should she be using inventory hours to give team members 40 hours?

Hello all!
I have a question, so I have Team Members freaking out about hours. I have Team members who have been at my target since it opened in 1999, and they are scared they are getting pushed out. I know it is a lack of hours, but for some of my team members (including me) this is our main source of income. So, I told my ETLHR, but my ETLSF has my ETLHR by the balls and won’t let him out of her sight. I have my ETLHR sitting down with that team member. I’m just not 100% sure how to approach the rest of the team members who are having this problem. If I could have any feed back that would be great!!! Thank you in advance!

Has anyone heard about HRTMs being phased out in the ops model? I heard that each dept lead is now responsible for their schedule/screening applicants and the ETL HR will be responsible for payroll, training, checking Schedules and team engagement.

Has anyone heard about HRTMs being phased out in the ops model? I heard that each dept lead is now responsible for their schedule/screening applicants and the ETL HR will be responsible for payroll, training, checking Schedules and team engagement.
Yep, they are at my store. They’ve already moved onto different departments. They do a little bit of hr here and there but not as much as they use to. Scheduling is done by teams leads and some etls help. Just started like a month ago.

Lol that would be a horrible idea for my store. Phasing out the HRTM position would expose Target’s ignorance of all the work we do for them. Some stores would crumble without HRTMs. That’s just my 2 cents.

Ive heard differently. That other than high volume stores, etl hr would phase out and be replaced by hrtl. I know it’s already this way in ultra low volume stores.

Oh god. I would die without my HRTM. I haven’t heard anything like this so hopefully it isn’t happening everywhere! Maybe just at ULV/low risk stores that can probably also make do with a SRTL-HR?

So my store has been calling people and leaving a voicemail that "hey we don't need you for your shift tomorrow so you don't need to come in". They then look at kronos and the shift is gone. It's been my understanding that they can't do that right? If you have been scheduled they can't take that back, especially the day before. So if you want to still work you still can?

So my store has been calling people and leaving a voicemail that "hey we don't need you for your shift tomorrow so you don't need to come in". They then look at kronos and the shift is gone. It's been my understanding that they can't do that right? If you have been scheduled they can't take that back, especially the day before. So if you want to still work you still can?

as long as they notify you 24 hours ahead of time, they can unschedule you.

They can only unschedule you if you consent

This.
Our HRTM told them if they wanted to get paid for their hours worked they'd better fix it & the paper forms were for newbies ONLY.
You DON'T piss off the person who handles your pay.

I’d let certain people use paper because if they tried to use the computer I’d end up having to show them EVERY single time how to do it anyway

Yep, they are at my store. They’ve already moved onto different departments. They do a little bit of hr here and there but not as much as they use to. Scheduling is done by teams leads and some etls help. Just started like a month ago.

Can anyone else confirm or deny this? I've felt this was where our ultra low volume store was going for a while, then our stl implied this without coming out & saying it. Just need to know what to expect as an hrtm. We lost our etlhr two years ago in exchange for a srtl hr.

Back