Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Mass. Hiring. Event.

The three most dreaded words and they’re coming to us this July 12-14. It’s like they rolled out Phase 2 and wondered how to make it worse and decided Oh I know!

I’m trying to not use all of my adult words but my head is literally so full of four letter words right now 😭

So I tried to do my 1st interview yesterday, I looked totally like I wasn't interested in the applicant because I was reading the interview guide off my phone. We were told we could make notes and do it on the computer later. Essentially no paper interview guides either. I think Target needs to invest in a tablet or a lap top to help with interviews because we look more professional than using a zebra/personal phone.

We printed off a lot of interview guides after our first Workday interview. Which was a disaster. We’re taking notes same as always on them and keying them in later. This whole system seems designed to fail.. if a TL is trying to appear professional by taking hand written notes do they have to enter their notes in before they can clear them to proceed to a second interview? Does the ETL have to enter their notes in before getting their availability and orientation entered? I guess we’ll see how many “opportunities” we’ll have after this hiring event. So we can fix them by the next one in August. Just kill me. Please.

Is hiring Event company wide?
I did an interview. I did it from a paper guide. I could have used my phone or sat behind SD's desk on the computer, but neither of those options seemed very comfortable.

So they change the interview guides what, a month or two ago but are expected them to be using a computer? If done on paper it had to be keyed? My etl is still figuring this out so I'm getting nothing. 🙄 I had hoped that this process in Workday would be an improvement. Silly me thinking the powers that be at hq would simplify something.

On that note, hey corp! I am super good at overthinking and complicating simple tasks! If you have any openings on that team hit me up in my dms!! ✌😎

Mass. Hiring. Event.

The three most dreaded words and they’re coming to us this July 12-14. It’s like they rolled out Phase 2 and wondered how to make it worse and decided Oh I know!

I’m trying to not use all of my adult words but my head is literally so full of four letter words right now 😭

I don't know whether to laugh manically or cry in a heap at this news.

Target: hey stores it's July 1st here's a whole new hiring process!

Stores: Thanks! We will start figuring it out right away!

Target: Btw, everyone, there's a hiring event planned for July 12-14, too!

Stores: Wtf?

Bonus points for announcing it after the schedule was posted. I have 36.5 hours already and an ETL that has never ran a hiring event like this. They did support another store with one but it’s a new store and they’re looking to hire just about everyone that can smile.

Yes. Everyone has to participate and I’m already over them. My ETL asked what my spiel was going to be with the TMs about it. Apparently I passed because they laughed, nodded, and said Good.

So what line of bullshit did you ETL approve for you to tell TMs who currently aren't getting enough hours. Just curious and don't mean to sound hostile. I know it's not your fault.

I’m not going to lie or sugar coat anything. I’ll simply tell them we’re having the event bc we have to and that we do need a couple more very specific TMs. There are two depts we struggle to staff and with vacations this summer it’s even more difficult. We never take hours away from existing TMs unless they want less, so the couple we hire will just fill in the spaces. I’ll remind them that when they take that 12 day vacation we need a backfill and when they come back and a couple days later someone else leaves for a week we need to backfill them too. Then I’ll smile ever so sweetly and ask them if they would like to cancel their vacation and classes for the fall so they can keep their open availability. They’ll laugh and say no and will understand why hiring just a couple of the right TMs will make a big difference.

So what line of bullshit did you ETL approve for you to tell TMs who currently aren't getting enough hours
My HRTM tells them that - as long as TMs keep calling off during weekends & other peak times - we'll be hiring, hour distribution be damned.
The ones whining about hours are the same ones that don't answer their phones when HR calls to cover call-outs.

After this weekend we have another August 2-3, and then we have our first Q4 event September 6-8 with a tentative weekend in October too! I feel like it’s going to be a shitshow this weekend.. I’ve been doing my work + my ETLs so they could learn how to use Phase 2 which means I have had about 10 minutes to learn how to use it. That’s sufficient, right??

It’s too early for the forced, crazy smile of Q4.. this is how wrinkles and lines develop I just know it..

Any tips on getting my friend hired at a nearby store? Should he go in and talk with HR and give them his resume and ask for an interview during the hiring event?

Make sure they already have an application on file, that’s going to help a lot! And the more available they can be the better too. After that just make sure your friend can get through the interview process - basically have some different situations that they had a problem and how they worked it out. Remember Target is looking for bubbly, happy people. They more comfortable they are chatting with a stranger the better, we’re looking for people who can talk to anyone and keep a smile on their face.

Where can I find info for this? Is this all stores?

I haven't heard anything about this for us as of Monday. It's my weekend off but I think we would have talked about it at least. Hoping it's not a thing and my partner has to go it alone!

Anyone else loving how little info they give out for the new learning process? The info I have found seems to talk in circles. I'm thinking the best route is to ask everyone to check into Workday once a week and see if they have any training. I'll be damned if I ever need to run a report on it!! 😂

Anyone else loving how little info they give out for the new learning process? The info I have found seems to talk in circles. I'm thinking the best route is to ask everyone to check into Workday once a week and see if they have any training. I'll be damned if I ever need to run a report on it!! 😂
If there is a report to be run I have t found it yet! This is literally the worst rollout I’ve ever seen 🙃

I just ran the report in excel and attached it to an email and sent it to all leaders stating that they need to have all TMs complete any training that is expiring soon or is already expired. Let’s see if they actually do it 🙄

I just ran the report in excel and attached it to an email and sent it to all leaders stating that they need to have all TMs complete any training that is expiring soon or is already expired. Let’s see if they actually do it 🙄
Where did you even find the report?? All we could find on Workday was expiring training and certifications. Risk council says training due as of 1 July. I’m about to assign everyone a different day to log into Workday to check for Learnings and see what’s going on on Workbench 😂

If there is a report to be run I have t found it yet! This is literally the worst rollout I’ve ever seen 🙃

I found a job aid that listed reports but when I go to them they ask for weird info I can't figure out. One that is supposed to be run weekly says it needs to be scheduled but no instructions on how to do that. :rolleyes:

Back