Archived Retailers that are closing lots of their stores this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised Sears and Kmart even still exist. I give them maybe another year or two before they are totally gone. Their CEO is increasingly rapidly selling off everything of value that the company has, including their store brands such as Kenmore and Craftsman, Sears Canada and Lands End, and a lot of their stores. They're pretty much dead stores walking.
I'll always have a little bit of a soft spot for JCPenney since that where my mom used to always shop when I was little and the first time me and my fiance really "hung out" we ended up at a JCP somehow, and hung out there for almost four hours.
I pretty much couldn't care less about any of those other stores though.

I'm surprised Sears and Kmart even still exist. I give them maybe another year or two before they are totally gone. Their CEO is increasingly rapidly selling off everything of value that the company has, including their store brands such as Kenmore and Craftsman, Sears Canada and Lands End, and a lot of their stores. They're pretty much dead stores walking.
I'll always have a little bit of a soft spot for JCPenney since that where my mom used to always shop when I was little and the first time me and my fiance really "hung out" we ended up at a JCP somehow, and hung out there for almost four hours.
I pretty much couldn't care less about any of those other stores though.
The jcp near me in the mall has the best location. You have to walk through it to get to the other side of the mall.

There's a Kmart in a small suburb where I used to live. I have no idea how that place is still standing, and it's not even on the list of closings. There's even a Wal-mart that opened up near it and it's still open somehow.

I used to shop at The Broadway and Bullocks back in the day. I think the Bullocks I shopped in is a Target now.

I remember shopping at Filene's, Bradlees, Ames, and Caldor when I was younger. I was really little (maybe 4 or 5?) when Caldor closed, but about half my family worked there. There also used to be a smaller mall in my hometown anchored by Bradlees and Caldor, but it closed down when they both went out of business. I was just looking up pictures of that mall the other day and having flashbacks of shopping there with my mom when was a little kid.
My grandmother used to always bring me to Kmart when I was a kid, and I loved the place just cause it had a toy section for me to check out. The memories of that aren't good enough to make shop in one of their outdated, understaffed, dirty, poorly lit stores today though :p. As far as I know my grandmother is one of the few people who still prefers Kmart, but I think that's just because it's the store she shopped at forever. The rest of my family goes to Target, even though the nearest one is fifteen minutes away and there's a Walmart and a Kmart within five minute.

I remember shopping at Frost Bros when I was in high school.
Later it was bought up by Foley's (later bought by Macy's).
My mom's favorite was Joske's before it was bought by Scarbrough's.
Back then you dressed up to go shopping at a department store instead of coming out in sleep pants & a tee.

I honestly do not know how Kmart survives we have one in our area and how it survives it beyond me. I haven't been to that Kmart in ages and the local sears I went in last year for some pajamas for my mom and needless to say there wasn't much business.

And for all the crap we give corporate here I will echo that I appreciate they try to keep stores open.

The payroll cuts and unrealistic forecast are a pain but it would suck to hear your store is closing.
Some fellow tms and I were talking about that the other day. I cant imagine how the tms must feel when their store is closed. Even though I don't want to work at Target for the rest of my working days....I don't want anything bad to happen to it either.

I used to live near the Raleigh Gander Mountain. It just opened just over a ago taking over a relocated Best Buy location.

I'm surprised RadioShack hasn't gone the way of Circuit City by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back