Archived Returned Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which @mobilelady any plans to bring the ability to defect on the mydevice? Sometimes pos doesn’t feel like defecting certain items and the PDA usually works

Hot tip: if it says system offline when you try to defect it’s not actually offline it’s just an online only item it doesn’t know what to do with. Print an online only sticker if possible or failing that use the PDA. (Or leave us a note :))

No these are regular stock items, and being early morning usually when it happens, the system is offline or just being really pissy..

No these are regular stock items, and being early morning usually when it happens, the system is offline or just being really pissy..
It's something with the barcode then, whenever a GS POS says it's offline it really just means it's unhappy with what you just scanned

Exactly cause sometimes I would find that the system would be offline so I would have to leave stuff, like defects and I had the item with the barcode cause the one to defect did not, notes always kept me in good graces with the GS peeps.
I have solved my time issue for leaving notes. I wrote several scenarios ahead as I always carry a pen and paper on the floor. Now if I can't do it myself for whatever reason I can just tape a note to the item! I respect GS and want to make their job easier if possible,

I have solved my time issue for leaving notes. I wrote several scenarios ahead as I always carry a pen and paper on the floor. Now if I can't do it myself for whatever reason I can just tape a note to the item! I respect GS and want to make their job easier if possible,

Yep and when you need a favor they are more likely to do it for ya..

The other thing I hate is when we get some help with the line and whoever came to help out leaves their returns/defectives on the counter. Why is it so hard to put the items in reshop or to defect them out?
Hey at least we came to help! Lol

Hey at least we came to help! Lol
This. I don’t mind (I actually appreciate) when people come help so long as if they don’t know what to do, they ask or leave a note.

I just wish targets training was better. We need an actual training program, not like hi this person is gonna show you the ropes for a day and then good luck!

This. I don’t mind (I actually appreciate) when people come help so long as if they don’t know what to do, they ask or leave a note.

I just wish targets training was better. We need an actual training program, not like hi this person is gonna show you the ropes for a day and then good luck!
For a day?? people are lucky to get an hour at GS

I had less than 1 hour training at a check lane, and about 20 hours with a trainer at GS.

I definitely got very lucky in having two great GSA's that provided a decent training experience at the desk. Which is why it's so befuddling that I was rushed through regular cashier training. Now, maybe I only had about an hour out there because I was so clearly picking things up quickly and my trainer felt I could handle the rest of my shift solo. But I know that other new cashier hires weren't getting a full shift with a trainer, either (new leadership now, and I haven't paid attention to new hires lately).

The lack of proper training makes the place stupid. Then people blame, gossip, etc. My take is that supervisors are nervous sbout training for competeny. Then, they might not be needed. It's just poor management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back