Archived Returned payment on debit red card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people already answered this, but I then saw older topics of people talking about how some have lost their jobs over defaulted red cards, problem is this.

Made a huge purchase, the money withdrew from my checking account a day before emu paycheck deposited, few days later, I notice a credit for that amount added to my checking account, called up red card services, they said I was charged and wouldn't be charged again, so I figured it was a screw up on my banks side. Few more days pass, and the credit description was Changed to returned check. Now, that same charge is listed as repayment on my red card. I don't have the money right now to pay it off, I am worried about getting fired, should I be?

Target Debit card is the devil of all cards. It offers no sense of protection from fraud or insufficient funds. Its impact is immediate felt when error is involved. Have guest service member call the red card services for you. They may have a better chance to help you with the situation.

I know people already answered this, but I then saw older topics of people talking about how some have lost their jobs over defaulted red cards, problem is this.

Made a huge purchase, the money withdrew from my checking account a day before emu paycheck deposited, few days later, I notice a credit for that amount added to my checking account, called up red card services, they said I was charged and wouldn't be charged again, so I figured it was a screw up on my banks side. Few more days pass, and the credit description was Changed to returned check. Now, that same charge is listed as repayment on my red card. I don't have the money right now to pay it off, I am worried about getting fired, should I be?
you won't get fired the red card situation is completely separate from your employment

you won't get fired the red card situation is completely separate from your employment

Havent heard of any cases lately but I know in the past they would term you over it. Almost positive that was from extreme examples though where they failed to pay multiple months in a row.

Target Debit card is the devil of all cards. It offers no sense of protection from fraud or insufficient funds. Its impact is immediate felt when error is involved. Have guest service member call the red card services for you. They may have a better chance to help you with the situation.
No. The guest can just call themselves. When we call we’re required to hand the phone over anyway since we cannot discuss account details.

Havent heard of any cases lately but I know in the past they would term you over it. Almost positive that was from extreme examples though where they failed to pay multiple months in a row.

Well, now I'm worried

Well, now I'm worried

I did something similar. Call up the red card guest services. Ask them how much you owe and set up a payment plan. If they say you owe nothing then dont worry. If you get a letter in the mail pay it off either by phone or in store. Attempt to correct the issue.

You don't have anything to worry about. After Target sold the credit portfolio to TD bank a few years back this practice ended. Spend away my friend haha

Lmfao, wasn't trying to get away with spending, just had an unfortunate mix up with my bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back