Archived Returning Stolen Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one shmuck who tried returning a very expensive electric tooth brush, he wanted to use his id to get cash and as I tried opening the box he started freaking out and saying "do you not trust me?!" and I said "it is not about trust it is just our policy with returns" and so I said "you can talk with my supervisor about it if you want" and as I kept opening it and the GSA came around he walked to the door and got the heck out of there. the box had a bag of sand in it, and when I called AP told him what happened and he got the picture of the guy and ask if that was him and I said yes. he has a history of pulling this shit.

But seriously, any way we can say no to these returns? Or anyone want to share their experiences and what you did?

Don't decline them, alert AP of suspicious returns. People who do this like quick money. They will always return if they think they're getting away with it.

I once had a Guest Service TM alert me to a suspicious no-receipt return of an electric razor, after video review I confirmed that the Subject took it off the floor and went straight to Guest Services to 'return' it fraudulently. So we waited. Three days later the turd came back and tried his luck again fraudulently returning a different electric razor, since we were looking for him we saw him immediately and nailed his ass with charges for both incidents once we apprehended him.

Nope.
All the info is on EJ: receipt number & VCD.

Incorrect actually. VCDs are not listed on EJ, only receipt IDs.

You can, however, pull up the full gift card number and access number via EJ. Then, if you need to issue a new gift card (say because someone lost a previously purchased gift card), ring up a new GC and key these numbers from the old GC as payment for the new one. As long as the old GC wasn't used, this process essentially just transfers the balance.

The only way to actually void a gift card without the original receipt is to call Gift Card Authorization.

Our GS return policy sign was recently updated to say"items which are opened, damaged, or without a receipt may be denied a refund." We've taken to memorizing that line and pointing it out. If you don't have that, you could do what we always did and lie through our teeth by constructing hoops. Oh, we can't return [HBA/Electronics/Cosmetics/Allergy] items without a receipt, but if you bought it at this store, we can have our assets protection team member check the tapes and pull up a duplicate that we could use? Oh, well, you don't know what store you bought it at, right, of course, I forget that meth is a hell of a drug. Well, go ahead and go home and search for that receipt, champ. Oh, yeah, the next closest store is probably [give honest answer, prepping speed dial for when they leave]. Okay! Have a good night!

I like your store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back