Archived Rewarding and recognizing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to have some takes on this topic as it seems to be one of a lot of different opinions. Obviously as it states, I am a SR. GSTL. I run the largest work center in the store (TM size wise with 31 people on my team including the GSA's). That means many different personalities and drama.

I was recently reading a piece on improving employee productivity through meaningful recognition and reward. A lot of people have different opinions on what that might mean but, I can't requisition Starbucks for people constantly and all that type of thing and I feel like calling out over walkie is almost redundant even though spot likes it. No, I'm looking for something that you all have seen work and actually make employees more engaged in their tasks due to them understanding their work is appreciated and that they are being rewarded for it. I'm looking for daily things that maybe someone has done at your stores that has been integral to a culture change.

I welcome any ideas! Thanks in advance.

Honestly, as cliché as it may sound ..I love a sincere ( and I mean sincere not saying it because you have to ) thank you and you are doing a great job. Also, take the time to sit down and write out a thank you card and drop it in the mail. Sometimes its the simple things that mean the most. Yes, getting a free this and that is nice as well but sometimes knowing that your hard work is truly appreciated means more.

I send cards home every month to different team members. And I'm huge on telling someone when they do a good job and that I appreciate them. My work center had amazing BTS results and he rest of the stores sucked. Also, I love to bake so a lot of times when we make goal I'll bring in treats for the whole team. When I was the pptl I would bring in lunch for the team during really big resets (they didn't like sweets).

My store does team photographs and recognition notes for people who've been doing exceptional jobs.

I haven't seen a reward in over a year to anyone. Not even a candy bar.

A you card is great, thanking me personally or at huddle and meaning it.

For me I bake gifts during the holidays. You're on the good list if you get s hoodie bag.

In my experience, any form of sincere thanks helps to build a successful team. Sometimes, that is a simple thank you or card home, and other times, maybe snacks or a drink. Also, being fair about how shifts/tasks are assigned.

We have a recognition cart full of prizes that our HR helps us get. Our team members love it. Basically if you reach your red card goal at the end of the day or you're recognized by a guest for great service you get to pick a prize.

Reactions: Him
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back