Archived RFID (Formally FRID)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started our test today where we need to try it out on 4-6 items, but the scanner doesn't work in our checkpoint app (to encode the product).. we've tried on a few mydevices, with functional scanners. Waiting for the help desk to get back to us, but was hoping one of you could tell me if we're doing something wrong? There was hardly any communication here so we're a little lost to begin with, lol.

Last edited:
We started our test today where we need to try it out on 4-6 items, but the scanner doesn't work in our checkpoint app (to encode the product).. we've tried on a few mydevices, with functional scanners. Waiting for the help desk to get back to us, but was hoping one of you could tell me if we're doing something wrong? There was hardly any communication here so we're a little lost to begin with, lol.

Sounds about right.

You scan with the new thing, not the my device. That's what we figured out. All kinds of problems though, always disconnects, doesn't read the rfid label sometimes and have to try another. Very frustrating process.

Scanning mydevice is not at all needed, when you connect via bluetooth you're specifying the "sled" you're connecting to in the checkpoint app as the RFID scanner not the mydevice scanner. You can also switch between the RFID and the bar scanner by hitting the mode button i think on the left.

We start "prepping" next week. There's been little to no communication... they have 2 tms "prepping". What are they prepping??? Can anyone explain the process, what it does, how it works, what it replaces or enhances? What reports are generated?

We start "prepping" next week. There's been little to no communication... they have 2 tms "prepping". What are they prepping??? Can anyone explain the process, what it does, how it works, what it replaces or enhances? What reports are generated?

Part of prep is checking all softlines for correct labels and attaching them if needed. There is a bunch of paperwork that came in with the equipment or about the same time. Ask for it. Who is doing rollout should have it.

We start prepping next week too. We will be checking the tags on SL merchandise. If there isn't an RFID on the tag, we will put one on. There are new RFID scanners that work with my devices. After SL, we will do the same in domestics. Backroom will be done after that.

My store started with the stickers for all the sales floor items. Using two little white odd-looking Star Trek phaser weapons. They've said that it all has to do with flexible fulfillment.....don't know what that means, but the two TMs doing it are saying that it is very time consuming.

We're putting 2 IStm's on the prep. I will be scanning while they do this. Once all is ready to go does this mean no more instocks scanning?

We just finished all our encoding. We still need to do some spot audits, but the work is done for phase one. Five days of 4am. Averaged about 1000 encodes a day. The hardlines soft goods, textiles and boys/girls basics were our heaviest depts.

Protips:
1. I used a 30" Softlines shelf as a cart tray and pulled my EPC barcode tags across it, covering up the last few tags with a piece of paper, and uncovering only the tag I intended to encode. This simple trick ensured I was scanning the right tag everytime, since the RFID scanner wasn't accurate and would unintentionally scan a nearby tag regardless of how well I aimed. When encoding you can usually tell if you scanned the right tag by matching the last 2 or 3 digits on the EPC line on the MyDevice to the EPC tag you intended to scan. After a couple hundred tickets, this will become second nature.
2. After scanning the EPC tag, hold the front of the RFID scanner close to the tag (I'd just touch the front of it to the tag while encoding). The idea here is; when you scan the tag it tells the antenna in the gun to activate the antenna in the tag associated with that barcode number, then sends the information that will be encoded on that tag. The closer the gun's antenna is to the tag, the less distance the information needs to travel. And therefore faster encoding. Sounds stupid, but it worked surprisingly well.
3. If you get an UPC invalid error, when encoding using O'Neil printed monarch tickets, try scanning that item's shelf label. I don't know why the monarch ticket barcode is different, but after printing and scanning a shelf label and scanning that, I had success. If that fails, it will need to MySupported.
4. Watch those exception lists. Some of those tags were well hidden behind labels. Especially specialty bedding, FrootoftheLoom basics and Denizen jeans. I did a bunch of tags only to realize that they all needed to come off once another TM found the hidden EPC tag put on by the company.

Is there a Moderator or the original OP that can fix the title of this post to "RFID"?

In my store, Guest Service is supposed to be putting RFID stickers on returns that come in needing them. We HAD the scanner for it....but it's since disappeared, and we now have a cardboard box holding all the "pending RFID" stuff that will probably sit there until it becomes missed salvage.

I was given a quick rundown of how to process everything, but I haven't had a chance to actually try this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back