Archived RFID (Formally FRID)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any stores began the FRID process? Did it actually assist in accurate on hands?

Our freight comes in with the yellow tag that says it's enabled but as far as I know none of it is.

the heck is FRID
jonathan-frid_240.jpg

Our freight comes in with the yellow tag that says it's enabled but as far as I know none of it is.

We've been getting plenty of casepacks of EPS-enabled tagged merchandise, but I've heard absolutely nothing about the actual RFID-reading devices.

The tagged merchandise is a pain because the DPCI is only printed on the transponder tag, and sometimes it's printed poorly so it can be hard to read the numbers. The barcodes seem to scan without any issues, though.

Yeah my bad... RFID... We go live next month. My STL is going to training next week. I'm super curious about it.

Are they going to use it in shoes? And will it actually change an items count to zero if we go through the area where it's supposed to be and it doesn't get scanned?

Are they going to use it in shoes? And will it actually change an items count to zero if we go through the area where it's supposed to be and it doesn't get scanned?

Shoes isn't in phase 1 of the rollout. I'd imagine it eventually going to shoes, I see them expanding this tech to quite a bit more things if it works well. Yes, the items count will zero if you don't find the item or it doesn't have a tag. But think of it more like if you have 5 shirts OH and you only find 4, you only "have" 4 shirts, just like the current instocks process. But there is a path you're supposed to follow, starting in Guest Service, then going to Fitting Room, Softlines, Domestics, then Backroom.

We go live in a few weeks, looking forward to seeing how much of a waste of time it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back