Archived RFID (Formally FRID)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our schedule for the whole process is 10 days. Today is the third day I believe, and it was myself and another TM doing it from 8PM to 2PM.

We just had one backroom aisle to do today, then got a few aisles on the salesfloor done. I guess we have the of the Zebra scanner thingys, one for Softlines, one for GS, and one for HL. Lots of errors when trying to do the whole process though, we ended up throwing away about 25 stickers because they wouldn't tie to any item or whatever.

We're putting 2 IStm's on the prep. I will be scanning while they do this. Once all is ready to go does this mean no more instocks scanning?

Im a PA and they scheduled me to do prep for 2 days lol. I dont mind getting the hours but not looking forward to 8 hours of doing this twice

Trained on this today. It froze twice, disconnected from the mydevice 3 times, and would not scan the square properly.

I was told that if your device dies partway through scanning, it loses what you have done.

So.... yeah. xD

dept 036 was awful today. piles upon hills upon mountains of unencoded product. not to mention the dc is continuing to send us unencoded items. So tomorrow we have to audit the backroom again.

Why spot, why?

We were told that all the stuff off the truck should be already encoded! Lol believe it when I see it!

I "trained" on this today. By which I mean I read the rollout guide and did not get any hands on training because the devices weren't working.

I was told that if your device dies partway through scanning, it loses what you have done.
And if you use the myDevice to help a guest in the middle of your scan, you need to go back into it a specific way, or it will also lose all of your progress.

Anyone else have lots of pre-tagged items not functioning properly? My store's cycle count is not coming even close to 90%+ since a lot of things seemingly just don't work. We try to locate an item that's in front of us and it doesn't work at all even with EPC on the label.

dept 036 was awful today. piles upon hills upon mountains of unencoded product. not to mention the dc is continuing to send us unencoded items. So tomorrow we have to audit the backroom again.

Why spot, why?

Was it childrens underwear that made up 90% of it? Because they decided to exclude them from the encoding process now

I did my stores first scan yesterday. It took me from 7am-3pm. I had to get permission from our DTL to keep scanning past noon; however next week they want us to finish by that time. Potentially going to have to change my schedule to 5am to get it done.
Make sure when you go into the back you accurately scan the boxes on the higher shelves in your valleys, scan aisles that have overflow (we had beds in our seasonal aisle as well as bath in our hcndy aisle), dont forget your containers if you have BTC outdoor locs, and cross merched aisles, endcaps, and btc dump bins!

We had 33,501 expected and ended with 30,000 and around 2000 extra. Still didnt meet the expected accuracy percentage. Told to submit anyway.
Hopefully next weeks scan will be more accurate. Someone correct me if my thinking is off, but imagine you go to a table and find that it thinks you have 8 of a dpci o.h. but you only have 2. times that by every single rfid enabled dpci in the store. that could very well equal the thousands i couldnt find in the expected total thanks to theft, tagging errors, incorrect on hand counts, etc.

Was it childrens underwear that made up 90% of it? Because they decided to exclude them from the encoding process now

hmm ill have to look into that. I haven't seen anything about them excluding it from the process. It was a large amount of the expected I couldnt find in yesterdays scan.

my store luckily isnt having to tag much we have been getting RFID merchandise since december last year, we just have to retag a few softlines that have lost their tags and HL. our devices have been working as intended though we have had bad info on how to work them luckily we have tech savvy tm's that know how to pair the devices! all in all if handled by team members correctly this will be a big improvement for FF and instocks. we have yet to miss a FF since we started using the RFID scanners.

I did my stores first scan yesterday. It took me from 7am-3pm. I had to get permission from our DTL to keep scanning past noon; however next week they want us to finish by that time. Potentially going to have to change my schedule to 5am to get it done.
Make sure when you go into the back you accurately scan the boxes on the higher shelves in your valleys, scan aisles that have overflow (we had beds in our seasonal aisle as well as bath in our hcndy aisle), dont forget your containers if you have BTC outdoor locs, and cross merched aisles, endcaps, and btc dump bins!

We had 33,501 expected and ended with 30,000 and around 2000 extra. Still didnt meet the expected accuracy percentage. Told to submit anyway.
Hopefully next weeks scan will be more accurate. Someone correct me if my thinking is off, but imagine you go to a table and find that it thinks you have 8 of a dpci o.h. but you only have 2. times that by every single rfid enabled dpci in the store. that could very well equal the thousands i couldnt find in the expected total thanks to theft, tagging errors, incorrect on hand counts, etc.
How big is your store? We do our first scan next week. They are anticipating that Instocks will be able to do the RFID and then the task list. Is that what you did?

hmm ill have to look into that. I haven't seen anything about them excluding it from the process. It was a large amount of the expected I couldnt find in yesterdays scan.

My store was busy tagging all those items today in the prep phase.. Glad to know it was all wasted time.

How big is your store? We do our first scan next week. They are anticipating that Instocks will be able to do the RFID and then the task list. Is that what you did?
We are a C volume store and our scan took close to 7 hours (excluding breaks). Only one TM is to do the whole scan for the day and you need to charge the myDevice during your breaks if you want to make it through the entire scan (you have to use the same myDevice you start with, you are not able to switch). So, you need to have another TM to work the daily Instocks Task List. They forgot to schedule one last week and they didn't get done at my store.

When doing scan, is the TM supposed to scan everything in the backroom too? Cause there is no fucking way our instocks TM is going to be climbing up and down ladders in the backroom. Also doesn't help that we have BEDS located in multiple light duty aisles and all over the place in the steel.

Back on schedule time wasn't wasted it was just some "Exceptions" to look out for in multiple categories

When doing scan, is the TM supposed to scan everything in the backroom too? Cause there is no fucking way our instocks TM is going to be climbing up and down ladders in the backroom. Also doesn't help that we have BEDS located in multiple light duty aisles and all over the place in the steel.
The scanner has to scan everything that is in the backroom that is included in Phase 1 on the Weekly Cycle Count. That includes steel and light-duty. So, yes, that would include all of the multiple light duty aisles. Also, it includes anything that is still push or backstock on pallets, flats, tubs, or on 3-tiers in the backroom and on the sales floor (including Guest Service area <except the FF and STS area> and the Fitting Room area).

My ETL-LOG came up with the following procedures:
The ETL-LOG puts one of the better myDevices on charge and tapes a note to it for no one to take it for the rest of the day because it needs to be fully charged for the RFID scan in the morning.
The closing backroom TM, when he sets the line, puts the pallets behind the line on their sides standing up so that the scanner can get close to the cartons that are stowed on that side of the line.
To save hours, the ETL-LOG goes in at 4AM to start scanning the backroom and start the Sales Floor.
When the scanner is done scanning the upper locations in steel, they do the lower levels and put the pallets down so the line is set for unloading the truck at 6AM.
The Instocks TM goes in at 6AM and gets the myDevice and wand from them and continues with the scan on the sales floor.
When ever the scanning TM goes on break they put the myDevice on charge with the note for no one to touch it.
Once the scanning TM is done scanning the sales floor, both the ETL-LOG and the scanning TM look at the departments that have the highest missed number of items, and if there is still time, and the myDevice's battery is not too low, one of them quickly rescans as many of these high count areas as is possible.

Our first week of scanning we only got 91% complete with many departments in triple digits with missed items.
The second week of scanning we got to 99% with only a few departments in high double digits with missed items.

I'm sure our ETL-LOG will refine the process as we go along.

we are A volume
I had one other istm with me who did the regular scan, pulled, and pushed his research while i did the scan. I will be going in at 5am to do the scan myself, so it wont impact their tasks and so I can get it done by noon.

The scanner has to scan everything that is in the backroom that is included in Phase 1 on the Weekly Cycle Count. That includes steel and light-duty. So, yes, that would include all of the multiple light duty aisles. Also, it includes anything that is still push or backstock on pallets, flats, tubs, or on 3-tiers in the backroom and on the sales floor (including Guest Service area <except the FF and STS area> and the Fitting Room area).

My ETL-LOG came up with the following procedures:
The ETL-LOG puts one of the better myDevices on charge and tapes a note to it for no one to take it for the rest of the day because it needs to be fully charged for the RFID scan in the morning.
The closing backroom TM, when he sets the line, puts the pallets behind the line on their sides standing up so that the scanner can get close to the cartons that are stowed on that side of the line.
To save hours, the ETL-LOG goes in at 4AM to start scanning the backroom and start the Sales Floor.
When the scanner is done scanning the upper locations in steel, they do the lower levels and put the pallets down so the line is set for unloading the truck at 6AM.
The Instocks TM goes in at 6AM and gets the myDevice and wand from them and continues with the scan on the sales floor.
When ever the scanning TM goes on break they put the myDevice on charge with the note for no one to touch it.
Once the scanning TM is done scanning the sales floor, both the ETL-LOG and the scanning TM look at the departments that have the highest missed number of items, and if there is still time, and the myDevice's battery is not too low, one of them quickly rescans as many of these high count areas as is possible.

Our first week of scanning we only got 91% complete with many departments in triple digits with missed items.
The second week of scanning we got to 99% with only a few departments in high double digits with missed items.

I'm sure our ETL-LOG will refine the process as we go along.
What do you think accounted for the numbers improving? Better zone?

Better zone? Ha! Definitely NOT that. In fact the zone was probably worse the second week than the first because of all the extra trucks we were sent and the amount of product that still needed to be pushed and backstocked .

I think it was just a matter of the system reconciling it self between what it thought we had on hand and what we actually had on hand. So, the second week the system had a new more accurate baseline to calculate from.

In domestics, the counts the second week were much lower than the first week, but still much higher than my ETL-LOG would have liked. I have a feeling that the un-pushed, un-back stocked product and the god awful zone were responsible for a higher number than desired.

Oh. and week three isn't looking any better on the push/backstock/ zone fronts.

Some of the sheets that came with a bottom package cardboard sleeve characters) , have the encoded inside the package !
Fun no?
And if the encoded sticker is on the bottom, touching any metal shelving , it won't work !
One other thing , what do you do with the items that needs a new tag ?(soft line mostly ) , the barcode that we print , give us an error when we scan with the sled ...

Questions! When we have it filtered by "Division" why are there duplicate categories for Home & Apparel/Accessories.. one each being capitalized and the other not. With different count expectations.

Also what is Project Red Stone? It has it's own category.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back