Rfid scan

Unless you're going to spend all day searching for 1000 hits, I don't know how to be green. Considering this metric is part of my review score, I find this expectation to be ridiculous. It's also funny that our RTS metric is flaming red but we are in the top third of our group.

Unless you're going to spend all day searching for 1000 hits, I don't know how to be green. Considering this metric is part of my review score, I find this expectation to be ridiculous. It's also funny that our RTS metric is flaming red but we are in the top third of our group.
I'm convinced Green=1, yellow =2, and red=3. I don't think stores are placed on % scale, just 1-3.

I usually get done in 4.5 - 6 hours depending on which department wants to decide it has a lot that I don't pick up on my first go round of the store. I think we've only ever been red in the beginning. Everything in hardlines usually picks up the first time, except bath towels. Panties is the worst in softlines. Because of end to end, I have to hunt down softlines push on vehicles to make sure it gets scanned.

I'm convinced Green=1, yellow =2, and red=3. I don't think stores are placed on % scale, just 1-3.
RFID is on a %scale. I check the report every week. 98% or higher is green.

Exactly what we do. Green at all costs!

As a company, RFID is 97.04, so if you're doing better than that, you're above average!

Now I feel better. I'm SL and in charge of the weekly scan but oddly enough when I am unable to be there we have an LOG TM who scans for me. We've been yellow the last two weeks and our lowest score was 97.54. Guess we're not doing too bad over all.

My scores have slowly been going up...hoping it's not a fluke and the trend continues. upper management wants style team doing the scan tho..they can take it off my hands and give me the 2 hrs of my am back, but it'll take them longer to probabaly end up w a lower percentage than my scans.

Number expected jumped about 15,000. Still managed to make it to 98% for the third week in a row. Feels good. I was starting to feel defeated when they changed how it was calculated and I couldn't get past 97.8% or 97.9%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the Cloud Island bedding supposed to be tagged? The info for it comes up in the RFID scanner when I try to look up a specific one, but it just says no inventory and none of them appear to be tagged.

Is the Cloud Island bedding supposed to be tagged? The info for it comes up in the RFID scanner when I try to look up a specific one, but it just says no inventory and none of them appear to be tagged.

I always pull an example or write the DCPI down and check it against the charts we have. Saves a lot of BS, and if it is my TL can either get me on it and give scanned to someone else or get them on tagging those items. Like sunglasses every damn week.

97.92 last week..... soooooooo close. -_- Had three yellows in a row but each week was higher than the last so hopefully tomorrow will be green. :)

Did anyone find out about this? Trying to figure out why our overall numbers look great but we're not closing the circle.

Did anyone find out about this? Trying to figure out why our overall numbers look great but we're not closing the circle.
Also I assumed it wasn't included because other baby bedding wasn't included before. *Shrug*

Jokes on me, I walked by and saw some of the older baby blankets tagged. Good question about cloud island. I can't answer it but figure the numbers would be off if it was supposed to be tagged, right?

Jokes on me, I walked by and saw some of the older baby blankets tagged. Good question about cloud island. I can't answer it but figure the numbers would be off if it was supposed to be tagged, right?

Yes and since RFID figures on percentage of product found, you'd have trouble being green if all of cloud island was supposed to be tagged but most of it wasn't. For example, in my audits I found one brand of towels that wasn't RFID coded and had to code all of them.... which is why I wanted to know.

I spend 6 hours doing the scan every week, (and then my LogTL scans another couple hours) green score. A couple of weeks ago, my LogETL tells me to slow down and make sure I don't miss items. First week scan rejected. Last week missed the 98% (by a lot). Great advice.

I spend 6 hours doing the scan every week, (and then my LogTL scans another couple hours) green score. A couple of weeks ago, my LogETL tells me to slow down and make sure I don't miss items. First week scan rejected. Last week missed the 98% (by a lot). Great advice.
If it makes you feel any better, ours was just below 96%.

It's still regularly a problem that the missed count is too close to the extra to be a coincidence. So this week I turned off my trigger lock at exactly 100%. The missed/extra were exactly the same. 3131, 3131. Yet that gives me a yellow score instead of green. I'm beyond sick of this change.

Last edited:
I'm convinced that the salvage (which we're not supposed to count) isn't being taken out of our count until after RFID is done. I wonder how much of the xtra is that salvage. But yeh, there's no way the two numbers match like that without there being something off with the process.

Is there any realistic way to get to 100%? We can get 97% maybe 98% but our STL wants us to be at 99% every week. I'd say you can get 80% through just softlink on the floor then your trying to get the rest 7% in hardliners and 10% in the backroom. Then you are searching for that 3% to even get close to 97%-98%. One week another TM scanning had 5,000 extras. Thats just nuts. Is there any realistic way to get it to at least 98% I'm scheduled to do it tomorrow from 7-1:30. Which not taking a lunch I'd rather leave at 1. We're pulling our hair out with their unrealistic 99%. Getting to 80k after SL pretty easy then getting the rest isn't too bad, but that last 3% trying to get what it still says your missing that's the hard part. Any suggestions? Do you climb ladders in the backroom use the wave? or can the sled reach that far. I stood in one location in the backroom for about five min and I just kept counting things, don't know what it was counting but it was adding towards my goal. Again any suggestions let me know. Thanks

Back