Rfid scan

Question - Is that because you're in a low volume store and your expected counts is around 64K or is that because they only expect you to find 64K?

And the rest of you.... how stringent is your leadership on reaching expected counts. If the gun says you have to find 90K do you have to find 90K or do you quit at 80K or some other odd number? Just curious what the expectations are from store to store....
My etl and stl expect me to be green. I always strive for 99%, but I'm at the point where I'm only willing to dedicate 2-3 hrs on this process.

I got an e-mail saying the way the RFID metrics were calculated was changing. I believe is said that 'extras' wouldn't count towards your overall % anymore. Well, it looks like the metrics for the entire year were recalculated and now we are yellow YTD. Under the old calculations we were regularly over 99% and frequently over 100% and in one week's time we went from 99% green to 97.5 yellow, awesome. I wonder how low some stores dropped o_O.

I got an e-mail saying the way the RFID metrics were calculated was changing. I believe is said that 'extras' wouldn't count towards your overall % anymore. Well, it looks like the metrics for the entire year were recalculated and now we are yellow YTD. Under the old calculations we were regularly over 99% and frequently over 100% and in one week's time we went from 99% green to 97.5 yellow, awesome. I wonder how low some stores dropped o_O.

That's just great. Was wondering why my scores tanked suddenly. Thanks for posting this. If I may ask, did that communication go through your ETL? Because nobody said anything to my TL, and I'm guessing my LOG forgot~ to tell us.

Last edited:
That's just great. Was wondering why my scores tanked suddenly. Thanks for posting this. If I may ask, did that communication go through your ETL? Because nobody said anything to my TL, and I'm guessing my LOG forgot~ to tell us.

Our Group Ops Director sent out an e-mail to Logs/STLs. Whether or not this info was communicated in every group/district is anyone's guess.

I just saw the RFID scores today...I almost flipped out of my chair. We went to 97.5 % but before had green every week. As the RFID scanner this is just one more hell I have to worry about now.

I'm already annoyed with this. Two hours in, at what used to be 100%, but really only at 96.5% now :rolleyes:. Going back to the days of having to charge the mydevice mid-scan.

Last edited:
I gave up at just under 97% excluding the extra today. If they want to exclude extras from the count they need to fix extras to actually be what is extra.
No way it's a coincidence that extras and missing are always incredibly close to each other - 250 extra I can believe, 3250 extra yet missing 3000 of what's expected is clearly wrong.

I pretty much ran out of beeps at 97% (exluding extra). Willingly submitting a yellow score, especially just 1% off, was painful lol.

The scan was horrendous today....I'm hoping we made it. I did the math and it looks like we just barely got a 98 % , but I was zombie scanning because of being sick. Guh...I wish they wouldn't change things. No one at my store had a clue about the change when I asked....

Folks check your sunglasses! We had a ton without rfid labels!!!

I know every single week the vendor comes in non of them are tagged. But no hours to tag them up.. and softlines refuses to do it "We don't know how!"

Sure I trained all three of you to do it. Bullshit you don't know.

Hate our wifi. We closed the circle today but I have no idea how the score will read and it was sluggish from the start. Had to go all the way up front closer to the server just to get the my device paired with the RFID reader. And I know we need to get back to auditing for tag loss but right now we're drowning in the truck. Oye.... so much stress and so much to juggle every day.

We barely passed last week but our score was red. ><

My favorite of the scan yesterday, was the girl who does it now, comes up to me and tells me "It stopped beeping." I look at the MyDevice and its connected to the battery pack and charged up so that isn't the problem, I asked when she changed the battery in the Zebra. "I don't know?" Sure enough the Zebra was dead. Not totally shut down dead, but enough it couldn't read tags.

Really bitch, really?? You are told to swap batteries every two hours, and you didn't bother and you have ask me what the problem is? The red lights on the Zebra gun weren't a clue? So she walked around for 45min trying to get a dead gun to scan..

Softlines doing the RFID is going to work out so well.. This was the second week softlines has taken it over.. I just cover her breaks.

Did anyone else notice their expected number dropping drastically? We normally average 76,000...but today was in the 60,000...I had a bloody good time with trying to make my missing number go down, the scan took me later than usual because the bloody zebra and ipod combo was failing me miserably.

Did anyone else notice their expected number dropping drastically? We normally average 76,000...but today was in the 60,000...I had a bloody good time with trying to make my missing number go down, the scan took me later than usual because the bloody zebra and ipod combo was failing me miserably.

I noticed last week it was around 100K, usually around 105-107K so not a big drop. I will look at it tomorrow and see if it is smaller. Anything under a 100K I consider small.

I guess I should just accept that I'm going to be yellow weekly now. Barely even made that this week, the mydevice left was one of the several with zebra connectivity issues or whatever goes on with them :rolleyes:

Went from 87k to just 80k yesterday. Still could only get to 97.5 w/o counting extra. Only dedicated 1 1/2 hrs to it tho; refuse to spend my day searching for 120 underwear.

Already a rough morning. Anyone know what this category "RTW special projects" is about?

Spent an hour and a half trying to locate working equipment for the RFID scan. We have few My Devices to choose from now that we have the new My Devices. Two of them wouldn't even hook up to the wifi. We literally only had one that would. The scan was slow and sluggish as usual. Wasn't able to close the circle today but after a full shift of working on it, our ETL called it. I'm told we're getting a wifi upgrade at some point. I hope it'll actually improve our scans.

Do you have anything in RTW that normally shouldn't be there? ....I haven't figured it out either but maybe it's something like that....@RightArm

Last edited:
Back