Rfid scan

This week had pet care. Lol.

Dang! I wish my Logistics TL would tell me these things. I didn't know. We did 91K out of an expected 93K.... before our ETL called it. I did not know about pet supplies. Is there a way to find out about these oddball depts on the computer if you're a TM and not a TL?

Dang! I wish my Logistics TL would tell me these things. I didn't know. We did 91K out of an expected 93K.... before our ETL called it. I did not know about pet supplies. Is there a way to find out about these oddball depts on the computer if you're a TM and not a TL?
It's not supposed to be in there... None of the random stuff is tagged, so don't feel bad. They're just random things that get thrown in for some reason. As long as you're hitting at least 98% keep trucking.

Yeah, I'm going to have to stop helping guests and covering breaks. I can't keep losing my batches for no apparent reason. I started at 4 one week it was nice. Problem at my store no one knows when I can and or are suppose to start scanning. I start at 6 tomorrow so at least I'll have two hours with no guests. I usually start with guest service and fitting room and after what they said district said I'll start in jewelry. I'll also start using my phone next time I have a guest or call another tm to help. That should help too. I definitely think taking the iPod out of the sled will fix almost all my battery problems. I had issues with the zebra sleds two weeks ago they just wouldn't scan and I couldn't activate trigger lock. I'll try and not scan all four sides of the racks and see how much faster it gets me and as far as hardlines goes I'm still just not sure what I can skip/or aisles I should be scanning so I'm not scanning every aisle (at least the ones stated above). Cause I've scanned down the pyrex aisle and others and have got hits (not a lot but still get's me closer to 100%). I skipped those that aren't soft decor and others mentioned one week and I was off by like 18k I want to say. I know rugs and curtains were added to phase 2. I'll try these things tomorrow and we shall see how it goes.

I don't know how it is in your are but if it's a corporate wide thing then all RFID scanning MUST be completed and turned in no later than noon. So you have until 12pm to get your report in. Granted most stores aren't having a problem with that but I would simply tell them it's best you come in at 4am on RFID scan days as much as possible. Hope your scan went better today. :)

Oh, for those of you who suggested that scanning doesn't have to be so uber detailed, thank you. Had to train a new TM on it today and decided to try not to be so anal and careful about scanning every rack and table. At any rate, our ETL LOG wants us to do a complete scan of the store and then start from the top of the list (the high misses) and revisit those depts and see if we can lower the numbers. So, first scan with trainee I kept her from doing what I have been doing and guided her through a less detailed scan the first go around. We completed the entire first scan about an hour and fifteen minutes earlier than I have been and her numbers were just as high as mine. Of course the ETL LOG directed us back to certain areas we'd already visited multiple times but it's his decision to use the hours how he wants to and his to get the blame if the scores aren't high enough since he owns RFID in his performance. He finally had us send it right around 8:45.... so we did 4hrs and 45 minutes of RFID scan and found over 91K of an expected 93K.

I do feel like some RFID zebra sleds are performing better than others. We've had issues with our second sled and have been thankful the first one still works well. And I noticed when the battery gets low on the sled it doesn't scan as well... thing is you don't fully realize it's low until it either quits flashing altogether or the message comes up and tells you the sled's about to die. Makes me wish we had a meter for it so we'd know how full the battery was by looking.

The scan went faster yesterday. I started just after 6 (after the lod wanted to know how to set it all up and everything so she knows how to get into it) and was finished with SL just before the store opened. They made out a path for me which I guess is good and was told now I would have my breaks and lunches covered so we wouldn't lose 45 min. So after SL was done I handed it to the LOD (mind you she's never done it before) to cover my break. I get back and her and another tm are trying to get the sled connected back to the mydevice. I said I think you just lost the whole scan, and sure enough the last 2 hrs of my work were gone. At that point we were 83k out of 104k. She said that's ok, what time are you off? Just start over again. So I had to start all over again. I think the second time I was done by 10 or so with SL. I didn't really want to give to anyone for my lunch so that didn't happen again. In the end I ended up 102k of 104k despite going back and fourth from the backroom and sales floor scanning through the high missed areas. I was trying to get it to at least 98% but after I randomly took me back to the login screen and I thought I had lost the batch I just submitted it. That was around 2:15. We shall see how next week goes. Having the mydevice out of the sled helped tremendously. No battery issues at all obviously. That was the saving grace. If we could've done that in the beginning that would've been great. I've heard we are switching to Android devices? Hopefully there are like the ones Home Depot has where you can answer calls on the device. That would be great.

The scan went faster yesterday. I started just after 6 (after the lod wanted to know how to set it all up and everything so she knows how to get into it) and was finished with SL just before the store opened. They made out a path for me which I guess is good and was told now I would have my breaks and lunches covered so we wouldn't lose 45 min. So after SL was done I handed it to the LOD (mind you she's never done it before) to cover my break. I get back and her and another tm are trying to get the sled connected back to the mydevice. I said I think you just lost the whole scan, and sure enough the last 2 hrs of my work were gone. At that point we were 83k out of 104k. She said that's ok, what time are you off? Just start over again. So I had to start all over again. I think the second time I was done by 10 or so with SL. I didn't really want to give to anyone for my lunch so that didn't happen again. In the end I ended up 102k of 104k despite going back and fourth from the backroom and sales floor scanning through the high missed areas. I was trying to get it to at least 98% but after I randomly took me back to the login screen and I thought I had lost the batch I just submitted it. That was around 2:15. We shall see how next week goes. Having the mydevice out of the sled helped tremendously. No battery issues at all obviously. That was the saving grace. If we could've done that in the beginning that would've been great. I've heard we are switching to Android devices? Hopefully there are like the ones Home Depot has where you can answer calls on the device. That would be great.
I wish we would get a new zebra sled.. They have all in one units that are nice.

Have you guys heard anything about the scan maybe being put on hold? I guess similar to that break we had around Q4

Last edited:
I hope not! We're just starting to get ours together. We've been having a few failed scans that have been irritating because you don't know that you failed until the report hits. And that whole you can only see the first 50 records on the scan is rather annoying too. :p

Haven't heard anything here.

Today was the first time we got panties below 50 :p

Went through the back wall for packaged underwear in intimates and found like 68 I had to tag. It's like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom have someone who's supposed to put a sticker for EPC on the packages and they randomly miss bags here and there. I literally had two of the exact same packages - same size, same model picture, and underwear colors - and one of them had an EPC sticker from the company and the other did not. Same thing with the C9 boxes only it was 33 of them that needed coding.

Went through the back wall for packaged underwear in intimates and found like 68 I had to tag. It's like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom have someone who's supposed to put a sticker for EPC on the packages and they randomly miss bags here and there. I literally had two of the exact same packages - same size, same model picture, and underwear colors - and one of them had an EPC sticker from the company and the other did not. Same thing with the C9 boxes only it was 33 of them that needed coding.
I honestly never look to see if anything is missed... We always get green so I never check anymore

I hope not! We're just starting to get ours together. We've been having a few failed scans that have been irritating because you don't know that you failed until the report hits. And that whole you can only see the first 50 records on the scan is rather annoying too. :p
It's very easy to tell if you are green or if you failed before you submit. Ignoring the message that pops up saying expected accuracy hasn't been met entirely (I've never not had that pop up) you just multiply 0.98 (98%) by the expected count. If your counted meets that number (or slightly less but don't rely on it due to expected always decreasing after the fact) you're good.
Unless there is something else that you could expand on?

It's very easy to tell if you are green or if you failed before you submit. Ignoring the message that pops up saying expected accuracy hasn't been met entirely (I've never not had that pop up) you just multiply 0.98 (98%) by the expected count. If your counted meets that number (or slightly less but don't rely on it due to expected always decreasing after the fact) you're good.

Or divide the number of scans by expected number will give you the percentage..

Have you guys heard anything about the scan maybe being put on hold? I guess similar to that break we had around Q4

I have not heard that...my store is getting new mydevices soon tho. I was wondering if that would mean a break from my favorite weekly waste of two hours.

I have not heard that...my store is getting new mydevices soon tho. I was wondering if that would mean a break from my favorite weekly waste of two hours.
All stores should be getting new ones by Motorola with zebra cases.

That won't work if you're missing something entirely. We were well within the percentage of expected count to pass but failed. They told us it was because we were missing too much in one department even though the count for that department wasn't very high at all.

All stores should be getting new ones by Motorola with zebra cases.
It's not even a case, it's a purpose-built device with a scanner built-in.

Zebra bought a division from Motorola that includes these devices, which is where the name confusion is coming from. But it's definitely 100% a single device.

It's not even a case, it's a purpose-built device with a scanner built-in.

Zebra bought a division from Motorola that includes these devices, which is where the name confusion is coming from. But it's definitely 100% a single device.
Good hopefully that will make the battery half way decent

I've been checking out some other posts on this thread because I needed some new tricks. But my store kinda making me upset because it looks like most of the posts ive read people scanning are able to start at 4am-6am. I start at 7a(on a truck day) at the earliest because my store is doing some stupid thing where flow needs to cover dayside now. Granted, i only need to get above 64k every week but I'm getting so frustrated. Apologies for the rant.

Back