Rfid scan

The first two weeks of scanning went well. Today we had our first dreaded error. Kicked out of the app and wouldn't let us start over even. Told we have to wait till next week. Most likely we'll have a bigger amount to scan now come then.
Think it has more to do with the inventory your system thinks you have, not how much you've actually scanned.

As the backroom and instocks tl, i REALLY dont have enough time to weekly run through the store and ensure everything is untagged/tag up 500 items that spot sent us.
Where are you finding your metrics for RFID or are you just calculating yourself?

We were also told extras don't count into your percentage, which sucks.

we are doing what ISMike said above. expected times .02=x and aiming to get the missed number to x. i havent seen anything about metrics for RFID yet; really wish they would so I can investigate stuff.

We have been scanning until our scans reach (.98 x expected) and somehow each week we have ended up at 100% per our dtls recap. Not quite sure how we keep reaching 100%. Not quite sure how another store in the district achieved 101%?!

Does anyone else look forward to their Cycle Scan? It's become my favorite day of the week (aside from my day off ;))

Does anyone else look forward to their Cycle Scan? It's become my favorite day of the week (aside from my day off ;))

No. Do we actually get a MyDevice that is charged(we label one for RFID but its been taken multiple times by overnight). Will we actually get to scan and not work a hour long stupid huddle. Will I get it to the point that when I leave they can actually finish it. ETL breathing down my neck every 15min of how many counts, TL trying to use two guns so we get done faster(which I doubt we can do since data is stored in handheld). So it's a fun day. Last week he did this weeks scan and they submitted both so who knows what will happen this week cause it is already done.

Now they already trying to jam phase II crap on us. But cutting hours at the same time.

Last edited:
No. Do we actually get a MyDevice that is charged(we label one for RFID but its been taken multiple times by overnight). Will we actually get to scan and not work a hour long stupid huddle. Will I get it to the point that when I leave they can actually finish it. ETL breathing down my neck every 15min of how many counts, TL trying to use two guns so we get done faster(which I doubt we can do since data is stored in handheld). So it's a fun day. Last week he did this weeks scan and they submitted both so who knows what will happen this week cause it is already done.

Now they already trying to jam phase II crap on us. But cutting hours at the same time.

Ah... Yeah that sounds gross :(. They don't have dayside huddles at my store anymore, only the closing team gets them. I enjoy RFID day just because it's the only day I'm left alone to do what I need to do, instead of the usual being pulled in 50 directions.

Two zebras? The first week we tried to do that and only one of the zebras would pick up the scans. Both wouldn't at the same time.

Two zebras? The first week we tried to do that and only one of the zebras would pick up the scans. Both wouldn't at the same time.

I keep trying to tell them but they won't listen, since I have done stuff like this before. I knew it when the data was stored on the handheld, it never has the chance to merge and delete dupes which takes longer than you think. Why spot didn't bother. But they keep shoving the idea out there.

How about we get good with one and get it solid before we "get fancy" K? K.

And what is weird? I still like my job. Really I do.

Last edited:
I keep trying to tell them but they won't listen, since I have done stuff like this before. I knew it when the data was stored on the handheld, it never has the chance to merge and delete dupes which takes longer than you think. Why spot didn't bother. But they keep shoving the idea out there.

How about we get good with one and get it solid before we "get fancy" K? K.

And what is weird? I still like my job. Really I do.

Why would they listen to anyone knowledgeable? Lol! Don't be silly :p. And good luck with this weeks.. hopefully it worked out. I'm impressed that there was time to do both of them at once.

I scan 4A to 12N only stopping for my two 15s and 30. During those 3 breaks the myDevice goes on the charger with a note rubber banded to it saying "Do Not Touch." God have mercy on the soul of any other TM who disregards that note.

During scan day I am untouchable: no huddle, no zone, no backup.

Bosch, you will be vindicated on the two Zebra decision when (if?) the RFID scan report starts showing up on Workbench and your store is around 50%. You will owe them a BIG "I told you so!"

Finally, anyone know what day of the week Phase 2 of the scan will take place? If they think we can do it the same day as Phase 1, then they will have to extend the deadline from 12 noon or actually have two Zebras do it at the same time.

I scan 4A to 12N only stopping for my two 15s and 30. During those 3 breaks the myDevice goes on the charger with a note rubber banded to it saying "Do Not Touch." God have mercy on the soul of any other TM who disregards that note.

During scan day I am untouchable: no huddle, no zone, no backup.

Bosch, you will be vindicated on the two Zebra decision when (if?) the RFID scan report starts showing up on Workbench and your store is around 50%. You will owe them a BIG "I told you so!"

Finally, anyone know what day of the week Phase 2 of the scan will take place? If they think we can do it the same day as Phase 1, then they will have to extend the deadline from 12 noon or actually have two Zebras do it at the same time.

I know just my gut tells me not to use two guns.. Data stored on the handheld tells me they can't merge and that it will kill our stats.. Cause I also have the feeling it will only accept one upload at a time. And sending two uploads one overwrites the previous. But what do I know??? :rolleyes:o_O

No. Do we actually get a MyDevice that is charged

What we have done in my store is:

The myDevice designated for RFID is permanently stored in the STLs office.

We requisitioned an item called 'Outdoor Tech Kodiak Power Bank.' What this item does is, when connected to a myDevice, it extends the life of the myDevice so that it will maintain a full charge throughout the shift. We found that a fully charged myDevice registers scans more quickly (whether or not this is beneficial is TBD). Both the power bank and myDevice fit comfortably in a myDevice holster.

The catch?

You must remove the actual ipod from the red scanning cartridge so that is can be connected to the power bank. None of the bits our PMT were small enough, so, we visited the local hardware store to find the correct size. Apparently removing the myDevice is against some sort of Target law, but, WHATEVER!?!!?... We are getting our scans in unimpeded by the errors associated with a myDevice running on a low battery.

What I don't understand is why our STL thinks he has quarentine that one myDevice in his office for the whole week. We can plug any myDevice into the power bank and run on full charge!

STL office - that's a joke nothing is sacred from overnight..

IMO we don't need a myDevice designated solely for RFID since you can plug any myDevice into the power bank and it instantly receives power for a whole shift, and longer.

Last edited:
Not to mention several of the racks I found today that were not marked for RFID and had to get marked. All over Women's, boys and girls hanging.. And some domestics Hundreds of items..

Who was supposed to mark that crap when it came in slipped and will be getting a big talking with to find out why they took the lazy way out.

Has anyone run into a problematic Zebra? I don't even know if that's an issue yet.. if it can be blamed on them. But two weeks ago I had a bad feeling about the one I was using.. not sure it was picking things up properly. Ended up with that same one this week, not even thinking about preferring the other one, and somehow missed almost an entire department. Went through multiple times, and for the first time we missed the 98%. Got stuck at 97%.

Last edited:
Today I was scanning, and while I was on break it was sitting on the table, with no merchandise even close, and it picked up 60ish scans... Have no idea what it was, but it counted as stuff needed so I didn't even ask

Back