Rfid scan

Today I was scanning, and while I was on break it was sitting on the table, with no merchandise even close, and it picked up 60ish scans... Have no idea what it was, but it counted as stuff needed so I didn't even ask
Some one was probably pushing a tub past on the sales floor.

I wish there was a way to decrease the sensitivity of the Zebra. Our first aisle of Bedding is across from Boys and I know when I'm scanning Bedding I'm picking up items in Boys. I would prefer the Zebra to have a range of no more than a foot and a half. That way it would stop beeping when I scanned everything in that 18" zone and I could move on. Now, even if I thoroughly scan a section and I still get a beep I can't be sure if the beep is for something I'm right in front of or in an adjacent aisle.

Some one was probably pushing a tub past on the sales floor.

I wish there was a way to decrease the sensitivity of the Zebra. Our first aisle of Bedding is across from Boys and I know when I'm scanning Bedding I'm picking up items in Boys. I would prefer the Zebra to have a range of no more than a foot and a half. That way it would stop beeping when I scanned everything in that 18" zone and I could move on. Now, even if I thoroughly scan a section and I still get a beep I can't be sure if the beep is for something I'm right in front of or in an adjacent aisle.
Not me... For the sole purpose of me circling an area and picking up almost all of it, then quickly going in and picking everything up. But also I doubt it was a random rub, because my breakroom is pretty far away from everything.

Today I was scanning, and while I was on break it was sitting on the table, with no merchandise even close, and it picked up 60ish scans... Have no idea what it was, but it counted as stuff needed so I didn't even ask

Lots of stores were missing the WHOLE infants department today.

Solution? Go scan the boxes on the salvage pallet...

Cmon Spot, deactivate those RFIDs!

Infant girls is the dept I missed today :(. First week not making the minimum goal.. ugh. It didn't even seem like it picked up enough for what was on the floor, though. Did multiple laps through the SF & BR.

Infant girls is the dept I missed today :(. First week not making the minimum goal.. ugh. It didn't even seem like it picked up enough for what was on the floor, though. Did multiple laps through the SF & BR.
Exactly, you needed to scan the salvage pallet, we had about 150 expected in that department, every single one of them was boxed up on the salvage pallet.

Exactly, you needed to scan the salvage pallet, we had about 150 expected in that department, every single one of them was boxed up on the salvage pallet.

Yeah, we missed about 300. We couldn't figure out what went wrong... thanks for this. At least now I know it wasn't just us.

Haha yeah I happened upon the salvage pallet... My big one was children's socks and underwear... I was missing like 350,couldnt find it anywhere. It was weird.

holy cow i am so happy I read this.
was missing 400 something from inf/tod girl, 100 something from newborn, and 100 something from inf/tod boy. Drove myself and my sf etl NUTS searching for it. why the HELL would I ever think to go scan the salvage pallet. So so frustrating.

Time to go figure out how to tell my STL what the problem was, without saying how I found out. Lol. I'm so frustrated because not only did it mess up the goal percentage, but I scanned past the 12pm deadline trying to find the crap.

Last edited:
Time to go figure out how to tell my STL what the problem was, without saying how I found out. Lol. I'm so frustrated because not only did it mess up the goal percentage, but I scanned past the 12pm deadline trying to find the crap.

My friend's brother's mom's cousin works at Target and told his sister's nephew's father-in-law's talking parrot that he had to scan the salvage pallet to to achieve 98%. At least that's what the parrot told me.

It's not going well. Cradle unplugged this morning and now the zebra is back in the charger hopefully to charge enough to not lose the 20k out of 25k we need with two hours left. Backroom not touched.

I am leaving let them fucking deal with the idiocy. I'm done.

It's not going well. Cradle unplugged this morning and now the zebra is back in the charger hopefully to charge enough to not lose the 20k out of 25k we need with two hours left. Backroom not touched.

I am leaving let them fucking deal with the idiocy. I'm done.
Backup batteries aren't charged?

Actually I didn't have too last scan, but that's only because I got it done before I needed too. But you can, eventually your MyDevice will have a notification saying your scanner is at or below 20%,just change out the batteries on the zebra and you'll be fine. As long as you don't switch out the zebra or MyDevice.

Actually I didn't have too last scan, but that's only because I got it done before I needed too. But you can, eventually your MyDevice will have a notification saying your scanner is at or below 20%,just change out the batteries on the zebra and you'll be fine. As long as you don't switch out the zebra or MyDevice.

What I was thinking, but the batteries were also in the unplugged cradle so who knows how much they actually had on them.. But I had a feeling that you could, next time I won't ask or will do a "proof of concept" with a small amount of data that if lost no biggie. Just to prove it works. But they are so afraid of data loss, that they won't let you do anything. This I have a feeling is going to cost them any chance of getting close to the number we need. Cause no backroom done, no second sweep of salesfloor. It would have been worse had my co-worker had not caught the cradle being unplugged this morning. Who knows how long it sat no plugged in..

And I found a crap load of clothes not RFID tagged. Guest services isn't getting it done when they come in on returns. I also found a bunch of towels that weren't tagged, but they could actually not be on the list.. They are the monogrammed ones that just set or will set.

The infants stuff where people needed to scan the salvage pallet? Yeah ours was already gone so no hope there.

What I was thinking, but the batteries were also in the unplugged cradle so who knows how much they actually had on them.. But I had a feeling that you could, next time I won't ask or will do a "proof of concept" with a small amount of data that if lost no biggie. Just to prove it works. But they are so afraid of data loss, that they won't let you do anything. This I have a feeling is going to cost them any chance of getting close to the number we need. Cause no backroom done, no second sweep of salesfloor. It would have been worse had my co-worker had not caught the cradle being unplugged this morning. Who knows how long it sat no plugged in..

And I found a crap load of clothes not RFID tagged. Guest services isn't getting it done when they come in on returns. I also found a bunch of towels that weren't tagged, but they could actually not be on the list.. They are the monogrammed ones that just set or will set.

The infants stuff where people needed to scan the salvage pallet? Yeah ours was already gone so no hope there.
We were the test store in the district to see if changing the battery screwed everything. It was a scary couple of seconds

Bosch: Just swap out the battery in the Zebra. I have done it every scan so far and have never lost data. The Bluetooth connection between the myDevice and Zebra will be broken but should pair again after a few seconds. If it doesn't just pair them again in settings. Just don't close the Checkpoint app or you will be screwed!

Are the idiots who won't let you swap the battery the same idiots who say you can use 2 Zebras for the scan?

Also. Since the RFID metrics are now on Workbench, how did you guys do the weeks you were using 2 Zebras? Just curious.

Bosch: Just swap out the battery in the Zebra. I have done it every scan so far and have never lost data. The Bluetooth connection between the myDevice and Zebra will be broken but should pair again after a few seconds. If it doesn't just pair them again in settings. Just don't close the Checkpoint app or you will be screwed!

Are the idiots who won't let you swap the battery the same idiots who say you can use 2 Zebras for the scan?

Also. Since the RFID metrics are now on Workbench, how did you guys do the weeks you were using 2 Zebras? Just curious.

Yes same idiots. I know that you should be able to swap, but they are so terrified of data loss we are not allowed. It didn't go well with the two zebra's since you can only work one list at a time, he was working the next list, they submitted both and then had to mySupport that they sorted it and threw out the next week list he did.. Mine have been in the %90 range but not the %97 they want. We have been getting product in without tags and its not being caught until I notice it. But I was told and told and told "It's all coming in tagged, so just scan!" so I did and its been biting us in the ass.

Now they are freaking out that I am calling out all these things that are not tagged and they are freaking out in panic trying to figure out why no one is catching that stuff is not tagged. Cause Softlines can't do jack shit! Two of them are worth anything others? Useless! They can't understand basic shelf locations to zone! Drives us nuts when shooting Rigs, we skip so many of the softlines Rigs cause the zone is horrid.

And we can't get them to get better cause their ETL is a complete waste of space.

Back