Rfid scan

What does it mean when the bottom of the zebra randomly flashes red in the middle of the green scanning light? Battery going? I only started about an hour ago so it shouldn't be... going to swap out the battery now just in case. I just don't remember ever seeing it flash red.
You mean the light at the very end of the scanner? That rapidly flashes yellow/green when it is picking up RFID tags?
Not the power light on the side that flashes amber when charging or green when on/good, right?

You mean the light at the very end of the scanner? That rapidly flashes yellow/green when it is picking up RFID tags?
Not the power light on the side that flashes amber when charging or green when on/good, right?

Yeah, the bottom one that flashes while it's reading the tags. It must have been the battery, it seemed fine after switching... it just really threw me off that it was happening after only an hour.

Yeah, the bottom one that flashes while it's reading the tags. It must have been the battery, it seemed fine after switching... it just really threw me off that it was happening after only an hour.
I've had that happen with a fresh battery. It seems to be the scanner catching an error. I've had it happen multiple times this past week and it either worked fine after, or I just had to pop the battery out and back in to "really" reset it.
The only indicator of the battery is the single power button LED on the side afaik

I've had that happen with a fresh battery. It seems to be the scanner catching an error. I've had it happen multiple times this past week and it either worked fine after, or I just had to pop the battery out and back in to "really" reset it.
The only indicator of the battery is the single power button LED on the side afaik

Hmm that makes sense, too. Thanks!

Was looking at the dcpis I missed, and a lot of them were salvaged items. Made me a little mad.
Thanks instockout. Even though we are not supposed to scan salvage, that's good to know. I really haven't had the time to investigate the items we missed, and since we've been green lately, there wasn't a push for it from my ETL or STL.

Thanks instockout. Even though we are not supposed to scan salvage, that's good to know. I really haven't had the time to investigate the items we missed, and since we've been green lately, there wasn't a push for it from my ETL or STL.
Yeah we were green too, I was just interested. I've been scanning salvage whether we are supposed to or not. But I missed a dcpi that had 30 on hands, and it was salvage.

Also just as a tip for everyone I would check out the my performance tab and check out what you missed, see if it was in the backroom or maybe you weren't able to scan it for some reason. I scanned through a few different areas and checked to see what was happening. It's a pretty useful tool if for some reason you aren't hitting goal.

RFID was red last week? It was over 98% completion even though it told us that accuracy hadn't been met. Confused.
Once the metrics were on line we noticed that we were always between the 99% and 100% range even though we knew we were always over 100% on the scan day. We started to write down what it said on the myDevice at the end of the scan day and it has yet to match what comes up on the report. Even the number of expected on the report doesn't match what was expected on the scan day. So, we obviously can't beleive what the counts are on scan day.

I'm not on instocks but still wonder what this wonding thing really accomplishes in the long picture.

I'm not on instocks but still wonder what this wonding thing really accomplishes in the long picture.
Well our out of stuck went way down (which is good) and it was because of our softlines out of stock. It was because of the scan. It gives a more accurate account of our inventory. It's got a great concept behind it, but with everything target does... There are flaws.

We kicked the Kind Is Cool clothing that is not tagged up the ladder. It came back this line in NOT included in the RFID scan and therefore should NOT be tagged. So, we are not tagging it. Again, this comes from above store level. Proceed as you see fit.
Not even for second phase?
We were told not even for Phase 2. Have no idea why. Maybe because the line is so limited there would be no replenishment coming in? Just don't know.
It's confirmed to not tag this brand even though according to the list of departments it is 100% a part of phase 1? And checkpoint does allow them to be encoded (doesn't give invalid DPCI error like many things do if it shouldn't be tagged)
Do you know who this info came down from? (DTL, MN, mySupport, etc?) Want to get my STL to confirm that for himself since he wants it tagged otherwise.

It's confirmed to not tag this brand even though according to the list of departments it is 100% a part of phase 1? And checkpoint does allow them to be encoded (doesn't give invalid DPCI error like many things do if it shouldn't be tagged)
Do you know who this info came down from? (DTL, MN, mySupport, etc?) Want to get my STL to confirm that for himself since he wants it tagged otherwise.

We went and checked the chart and tagged that shit..

So I pulled our scan results from last week as someone suggested so we could investigate our gaps. First 5 DPCIs I randomly checked are all clearance/0.00.

I've made it a routine to scan the salvage pallets and routinely get hits there. Anyways, I started thinking about why this could have happened and am wondering if it is even possible.

I'm don't know much about pricing, but I've heard things that they may or may not do to manipulate their scores. Is there some way to skip markdowns if you cannot find the product? Eventually not losing as many points on your score when the product eventually goes salvage?

Could this be why I have so many products on my missed RFID scan report that are currently salvage? Could the pricing team not be accurately marking things out of the system in order to improve their score, and ultimately screwing the RFID score because the system still thinks the product is on the floor?

Any help/insight would be appreciated!!!

I know they can skip things and just activate that markdown when they can't find things, but I don't believe its great for their score. And you also have to remember things get marked as "As Is" and sometimes DCPI's are guessed at or 9999'd at check lanes, double scans or straight up stolen. So things can be marked salvage but were long gone from the store.

There are many metrics for Pricing, and you can do some manipulation, but it will catch up with you when mdse gets to the salvage stage. At final markdown, the counts change to what was marked (or how many tickets were printed). When it's time to salvage, the system will expect that number of items.

Back