Rfid scan

Yes same idiots. I know that you should be able to swap, but they are so terrified of data loss we are not allowed. It didn't go well with the two zebra's since you can only work one list at a time, he was working the next list, they submitted both and then had to mySupport that they sorted it and threw out the next week list he did.. Mine have been in the %90 range but not the %97 they want. We have been getting product in without tags and its not being caught until I notice it. But I was told and told and told "It's all coming in tagged, so just scan!" so I did and its been biting us in the ass.

Now they are freaking out that I am calling out all these things that are not tagged and they are freaking out in panic trying to figure out why no one is catching that stuff is not tagged. Cause Softlines can't do jack shit! Two of them are worth anything others? Useless! They can't understand basic shelf locations to zone! Drives us nuts when shooting Rigs, we skip so many of the softlines Rigs cause the zone is horrid.

And we can't get them to get better cause their ETL is a complete waste of space.

I will say, we changed the battery on our zebra during a scan, and the break in the Bluetooth connection force closed checkpoint. We lost our whole scan. So...do with that as you will.

I will say, we changed the battery on our zebra during a scan, and the break in the Bluetooth connection force closed checkpoint. We lost our whole scan. So...do with that as you will.
We change the zebra battery literally every RFID scan day and have not had a single issue (due to that). Soon as you put the new battery in, it reconnects, and keeps going as if nothing ever happened (assuming you don't touch Checkpoint in the middle it seems)

Was this on August 17? That was the day there was a global issue with the RFID scan. I lost the scan twice that day. One time was when I took the myDevice off the charger after my break. The Checkpoint app just closed automatically on me. That day was the only times Checkpoint shut down and we lost data. Whenever I have swapped out the Zebra battery Checkpoint has remained opened with no loss of data.

I'm glad I'm only on it for three out of the five days this time around. It's going to be an even bigger nightmare considering which departments it is. Only plus this time around is that the trainee ETL-HL we had "leading" the phase 1 roll out went off to her perm store.

I feel ya. We can't our shit together for phase 1 and can't get all product tagged properly but "Hey lets add more crap to the list!!!!"
Did you guys not have a dedicated team for the week or two alloted for phase one?

Did you guys not have a dedicated team for the week or two alloted for phase one?

We keep getting product that isn't tagged off the truck. So we did the sweep and tagged everything but then as I am scanning I see racks of clothes that are phase one not tagged. So we are getting fucked by spot.. Also it doesn't help when no one cares but us.. Softlines? Sorry we don't know how or what to tag. Guest services? We were told we don't have to tag the stuff that the fitting room was going to do it. Fitting room? We don't know how to do that and we were told not touch the equipment since people keep unplugging the cradles..

Yeah. We can't get any support from anyone either. Trained the GSTMs, but doesn't seem like they're doing anything. Softlines TMs & TLs? Nah. We're completely on our own with it. And also still receiving untagged product.

We keep getting product that isn't tagged off the truck. So we did the sweep and tagged everything but then as I am scanning I see racks of clothes that are phase one not tagged. So we are getting fucked by spot.. Also it doesn't help when no one cares but us.. Softlines? Sorry we don't know how or what to tag. Guest services? We were told we don't have to tag the stuff that the fitting room was going to do it. Fitting room? We don't know how to do that and we were told not touch the equipment since people keep unplugging the cradles..
Yeah I just found some stuff, and no one knew what to do or who to get to tag it

We kicked the Kind Is Cool clothing that is not tagged up the ladder. It came back this line in NOT included in the RFID scan and therefore should NOT be tagged. So, we are not tagging it. Again, this comes from above store level. Proceed as you see fit.

We kicked the Kind Is Cool clothing that is not tagged up the ladder. It came back this line in NOT included in the RFID scan and therefore should NOT be tagged. So, we are not tagging it. Again, this comes from above store level. Proceed as you see fit.

Ugh! It still doesn't help when stuff like RE towels are coming off the truck with no tags, or returns with no price tags that Guest Services isn't tagging and softlines is just reshoping on the floor.

Turns out we managed to hit 98% after last week's dilemma after all.. extras must have rounded us up or something.

Last edited:
Not even for second phase?

Where on workbench of the RFID results/metrics? Thanks
Click on myPerformance, then click on Logistics. Click on the circle that shows the latest RFID completion percentage. This will bring up the metrics for the last four weeks, month to date, and year to date. It will also let you see details of the items scanned and missed.

What does it mean when the bottom of the zebra randomly flashes red in the middle of the green scanning light? Battery going? I only started about an hour ago so it shouldn't be... going to swap out the battery now just in case. I just don't remember ever seeing it flash red.

Last edited:
Sooo I'm trying I start my scan and there aren't any tasks. About to call CSC in a second but if anyone has any clues they'd be appreciated.

What does it mean when the bottom of the zebra randomly flashes red in the middle of the green scanning light? Battery going? I only started about an hour ago so it shouldn't be... going to swap out the battery now just in case. I just don't remember ever seeing it flash red.

You missed if flashing yellow warning you battery is about to die.

Back