Rfid scan

Looks like I'm doing RFID again on the latest schedule posted. My store is still adamant about doing it on Wednesdays for all departments, and having one person do it. I'm scheduled 5 hours.
Insane I’m a AAA+ store for softlines takes 8 hours , I always have 2 people scheduled just for that day . I have it span in 3 days . 2 people for A&A , 2 people for c&d and fan central and the next day for electronics 1 person.

You're being set up for failure. I'm in an A level super, and get 3 days, 6.5 hours each day. 5 hours for all seems unattainable to me. I guess at the end of your shift, let leadership know how far you got, to what percent, and wish them luck on finishing it.
Insane I’m a AAA+ store for softlines takes 8 hours , I always have 2 people scheduled just for that day . I have it span in 3 days . 2 people for A&A , 2 people for c&d and fan central and the next day for electronics 1 person.
Last I heard we were B volume. Before RFID switched, it would take me about 2 hours to do Hardlines on Tuesday and about 7 to 8 hours to do softlines on Wednesdays. So they want 9 hour results in 5 hours.

Is RFID ever going to roll out to other departments or is it going away anytime soon? Who has good numbers and/or actual leaders that care about it?

Can anyone give me a step by step for RFID including how to get started and which areas to scan? I’m scheduled for it later this week and have never done it. I’ve RFIDed to find clothing all the time, so I’m very comfortable with using it within Epick. I’ve never done the entire scan though. I know I need to shoot for 95-100% (at my store). Can anyone give me a step-by-step?

Decent numbers in dom/fancentral. Bad A&a and electronics. I suspect the salvage process is broken in those depts at my store. I'm just a TM so I communicated my concerns to leads and keep scanning fruitlessly

Speaking of salvage... what's to stop all the stuff that's not supposed to be in inventory anymore like salvage and picked/packed SFS getting zapped and scanned? Since that scanner picks up things halfway across the store no matter where you point it.
We have huge SFS volume, and more OPU than we can stuff at the front end...

Can anyone give me a step by step for RFID including how to get started and which areas to scan? I’m scheduled for it later this week and have never done it. I’ve RFIDed to find clothing all the time, so I’m very comfortable with using it within Epick. I’ve never done the entire scan though. I know I need to shoot for 95-100% (at my store). Can anyone give me a step-by-step?

1. Get RFID gun ready and connected.
2. Sign into RFID program. (Same program you use to locate items.)
3. Up top it says "Locate, Encode, Cycle Count". Tap on "Cycle Count"
4. Select "choose departments" and you should get a drop list.
5. Select area from list. You have options between Domestics, Electronics, A&A, Guest Services, and Entire Store. [Do not select entire store unless
your ETL/TL wants you to do the entire store.]
6. Once you've selected the area you're scanning, hit "create task". That should bring you to the front page that says "start inventory" and "complete
scan" on the bottom. Hit "start scan" and go. I think when you hit "start" it turns to "stop" and you hit the same button if you need to pause.
7. If you hit the other tab called "statistics" that lists the dpci's you're scanning you'll see a total at top. Periodically you will need to swipe down
on the "statistics" screen to get the numbers to update. Do not do it constantly. I usually do it every time the zebra falls asleep. This list will tell
you what you need to scan for by department number (first 3 numbers in the dpci) and break down the areas so you know what percent you have
in each area.
8. When you reach desired % or run out of time hit the tab that says "scanning" to go back to the front page. Then hit "complete scan" on bottom
right. It will pop up with a note that says "you are at blah blah % are you sure you want to complete scan" then you put your finger on the
yellow dot and slide it to the right. If you do it right it will change the page and up top say "scan sent".

===========================

If you look at the "statistics" list it will you show you the departments you are scanning for each area. In A&A you scan EVERYTHING and don't forget to go to the back room and truck side. Domestics now includes "fan central"... so after you scan bath, bedding, curtains, rugs, and kitchen towels/linens... then head over to fan central. Electronics is generally hey day and some other small items. Guest Services is JUST the registry kits and they scan EVERY week wheras the rest of the areas are only scanned every other week. It takes us in our store (due to connectivity with blue tooth and wifi) the entire day to do A&A. Domestics can usually be done in 3 to 4 hours ... whereas Electronics takes about an hour and Guest Services just a few minutes.

Hope that helps. :)

Decent numbers in dom/fancentral. Bad A&a and electronics. I suspect the salvage process is broken in those depts at my store. I'm just a TM so I communicated my concerns to leads and keep scanning fruitlessly

This gets me. If the purpose of RFID is to take inventory then why DING a score due to salvage left behind? We've started purging through our stock room and our numbers are going up. This to me is stupid. I believe salvage and actual on hands should be treated separately. If I have every item you need of a department code but you tell me that dept is at 75% because there's salvage then how I'm going to know what it is that's missing or in this case added that shouldn't be? If you want 10 items and I have those 10 items plus 5 more I'm not supposed to have it should still read as 100% because I have all of what you are counting. To have it read less just because there is salvage is counterproductive.

1. Get RFID gun ready and connected.
2. Sign into RFID program. (Same program you use to locate items.)
3. Up top it says "Locate, Encode, Cycle Count". Tap on "Cycle Count"
4. Select "choose departments" and you should get a drop list.
5. Select area from list. You have options between Domestics, Electronics, A&A, Guest Services, and Entire Store. [Do not select entire store unless
your ETL/TL wants you to do the entire store.]
6. Once you've selected the area you're scanning, hit "create task". That should bring you to the front page that says "start inventory" and "complete
scan" on the bottom. Hit "start scan" and go. I think when you hit "start" it turns to "stop" and you hit the same button if you need to pause.
7. If you hit the other tab called "statistics" that lists the dpci's you're scanning you'll see a total at top. Periodically you will need to swipe down
on the "statistics" screen to get the numbers to update. Do not do it constantly. I usually do it every time the zebra falls asleep. This list will tell
you what you need to scan for by department number (first 3 numbers in the dpci) and break down the areas so you know what percent you have
in each area.
8. When you reach desired % or run out of time hit the tab that says "scanning" to go back to the front page. Then hit "complete scan" on bottom
right. It will pop up with a note that says "you are at blah blah % are you sure you want to complete scan" then you put your finger on the
yellow dot and slide it to the right. If you do it right it will change the page and up top say "scan sent".

===========================

If you look at the "statistics" list it will you show you the departments you are scanning for each area. In A&A you scan EVERYTHING and don't forget to go to the back room and truck side. Domestics now includes "fan central"... so after you scan bath, bedding, curtains, rugs, and kitchen towels/linens... then head over to fan central. Electronics is generally hey day and some other small items. Guest Services is JUST the registry kits and they scan EVERY week wheras the rest of the areas are only scanned every other week. It takes us in our store (due to connectivity with blue tooth and wifi) the entire day to do A&A. Domestics can usually be done in 3 to 4 hours ... whereas Electronics takes about an hour and Guest Services just a few minutes.

Hope that helps. :)
Wonderful, I have the entire store to do in an eight hour shift.... don’t know how that’s gonna go. Thanks for the advice though, definitely helps a lot!

Wonderful, I have the entire store to do in an eight hour shift.... don’t know how that’s gonna go. Thanks for the advice though, definitely helps a lot!

If your store isn't semi-high volume this is probably doable, but it takes almost 8 hours to scan just A&A at my store.

Good luck!

You might want to select A&A by itself and do that the first four hours and forty-five minutes. Get the best you can and send before lunch. Then do domestics for 2 hours and electronics for 30 min. Guest Services should be done by the Guest Service TMs. I find that if you group them as "whole store" that it takes even longer to reach the % you want to reach. Good luck!

If your store isn't semi-high volume this is probably doable, but it takes almost 8 hours to scan just A&A at my store.

Good luck!
We’re an A+ sales store but I don’t know how that relates to RFID. We are the biggest store in our district though. Also recently remodeled and Softlines accounts for probably 55% of the store.

You might want to select A&A by itself and do that the first four hours and forty-five minutes. Get the best you can and send before lunch. Then do domestics for 2 hours and electronics for 30 min. Guest Services should be done by the Guest Service TMs. I find that if you group them as "whole store" that it takes even longer to reach the % you want to reach. Good luck!
Do you have any tips for how to make the % go up faster? I know it can be done as our regular RFID person always gets it done in 8 hours, but I’m sure she knows all the tips and tricks to make it go faster.. like, do you scan freight right away? Do you even scan the Softlines stray bin or does that interfere with OPU rfid tags? Do you scan all of electronics or just the phone charger aisle (with the Heydey?)

I think softlines was 110,000 the last time I did the scan.
I don’t think anyone cares anymore.
I still get scheduled 5 hours to do the whole store.

Do you have any tips for how to make the % go up faster? I know it can be done as our regular RFID person always gets it done in 8 hours, but I’m sure she knows all the tips and tricks to make it go faster.. like, do you scan freight right away? Do you even scan the Softlines stray bin or does that interfere with OPU rfid tags? Do you scan all of electronics or just the phone charger aisle (with the Heydey?)
You have to do all hey day stuff, which is on multiple aisles and in the backroom. There is also some stuff on the tv accessory back wall, Phillips maybe?, that is included.

You have to do all hey day stuff, which is on multiple aisles and in the backroom. There is also some stuff on the tv accessory back wall, Phillips maybe?, that is included.
For scanning the backroom, do you need to get on a ladder and physically scan every shelf?

The RFID gun is supposed to be able to reach 50 feet. I don't climb ladders unless it's the end of the day and numbers are still low. Then I'll climb the ladders.
I ended up with 95/96% in all the areas. Took me about 5.5 hours total. ETL said they pretty good for my first time and said I didn’t need to keep scanning, so. Only REALLY bad number I got was like 75% in Sunglasses... and I looked fucking EVERYWHERE for those fuckers

Only REALLY bad number I got was like 75% in Sunglasses... and I looked fucking EVERYWHERE for those fuckers

Did you pull down the understock doors at the bottom of the displays and scan those items. I found that the scanning wand picked up more if you pulled the bags of sunglasses out and scanned them.

Back