Rfid scan

no nix nein

Queen of the Weekend Warriors
How long does A&A scan take for y'all? I scan 8-3
I would scan from 6-1, but they wanted me to do everything at once. Me being smart and fast at my job on Tuesday, I would do domestics, electronics, and everything else then. I'm on LOA now and the person taking over is struggling because they are expected to do everything in the whole store on Wednesdays with the 6-1 hours.

Ringwraith917

Zone Police
I would scan from 6-1, but they wanted me to do everything at once. Me being smart and fast at my job on Tuesday, I would do domestics, electronics, and everything else then. I'm on LOA now and the person taking over is struggling because they are expected to do everything in the whole store on Wednesdays with the 6-1 hours.
6-1 all departments? Impossible IMO.

Do not scan SFS or flex hold locations. You'll get extras from those
If only it was actually this easy. Pallets of boxes to be picked up (by USPS etc) are always right next to things that need to be scanned for me.
And reshop right next to OPU holds

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
Takes me a full shift to scan A&A (8 hrs) but they have been working to put in fiber optic cable for the wifi system. I hope that once they get that online that we'll actually be able to scan over 90%. Our RFID scan has been lousy for several weeks now. And no one's got time to clear any report or check for what's missing. Too much to do as it is. Not even sure we're going to get the scan done this week. I told the SRTL it was a scan week but I'm tired of "owning" this mess. ><

It takes us forever to do the scan. They want the dedicated owners to do their area and then pass it off. It works in theory, but not in practice. If we had more than two RFID scanners (and if our high volume SFS would rely on the A&A team more on scan days) and more than one extra battery, we'd be ok, I think. I did it all by myself yesterday, took my full shift, but there were unforseen circumstances & had to pause for about 2 hours. Only got to 90%, unfortunately.

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
It takes us forever with multiple batteries. I have to come in and take the scanner and the battery out of the second scanner and then put a spare in the second scanner and come back an hour later to do the same with the last spare battery so that I can have 2 full batteries in my device holder for my shift. Otherwise it's not happening. And then in our store SFS is CONSTANTLY losing the damn guns OR guest services takes them for their scan and NEVER puts them back (just tosses them in one of their drawers). I think every store should have four. One for A&A, one for Hardlines/Electronics, one for GS/SFS, and one extra just in case. But we know that will never happen. :p

Ringwraith917

Zone Police
My TL showed me part of an email he got. Idk if it was on workbench sorry. Only the baby registry scan needs to be done

Last edited:

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
Suspended through new year.
Hey, was that on workbench? I've been trying to find out "officially" that we're suspended till the new year in case my leadership asks. I looked on workbench but couldn't find anything.

Yetive

Servant of 2 Masters
I don't remember. We discussed it at our q4 meeting. You should still be able to find where it tells you to keep scanning the registry kits. I believe it talks about scanning kits during the RFID moratorium.

I have it split in 3 days . And on the days for a&a i get my team member at 4 am to start with the sales floor and by lunch she gets in the backroom. That way she has no guest interruptions. Honestly whatever times she wants to come in I just change the schedule to fit what’s best for the business as they like to call it.

Bullseye01

The Box Chucker
How do you sync the RFID gun to your mydevice? I had to do some epicks on the floor tonight looking for clothing that isn't on the Plano.

How do you sync the RFID gun to your mydevice? I had to do some epicks on the floor tonight looking for clothing that isn't on the Plano.
Settings app - > Bluetooth icon in the top right - > Look for the device; if it's not there, make sure the Bluetooth button on the RFID is on, and then hit the refresh button on the Zebra and the scanner should pop up for pairing.

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Damn, has it really been over two years since Spot started RFID scanning? Thank God I got out of it after about six months.

Damn, has it really been over two years since Spot started RFID scanning? Thank God I got out of it after about six months.
Ah, remember back when 50k items was a full scan? 😂 Part of me almost misses doing it. Sometimes.

I just reread some of out early posts on this thread, when we had to figure out the process all together. What a mess that was.

Last edited:
Is it bad since they rolled out modernization I haven't done RFID because there is no time for it? I used to do it religiously and was always green. Good news no one has said anything about it.
I was the one who rolled it out in my store, when this end to end bullshit started and the backroom started to going to shit I bailed on it and went to backroom then to SFS.. Cause I wanted no part of it.