1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Rfid scan

Discussion in 'General Target Chat' started by instockout, Sep 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

Depends on how jammed packed your softlines backroom is and how much metal might be in the way. I can get up on the wave with ours and pick up at least 200 hits that I didn't get from the floor.

2. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

Today sucked so bad it hurt. 92% after 8 hours of intense scanning with only a 45 minute break in the middle. Last week was 95% - I just don't know why today was soooooo bad. -_- Wanted to scream but my ETL told me he trusted me to do the best I could and go ahead and send it. They were having enough trouble being buried under SFS - having ETLs/TLs/ and the whole dang Plano team helping the regular SFS team pick and pack. So, RFID wasn't really a priority to him. Still irritates me, though. I hate getting a bad score. ><

3. Logo

Logo Team Member

Is anyone else experiencing a ridiculous amount of "extra" ? What exactly causes extras?

4. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

I believe extras are a combination of product that just came off the truck and isn't yet logged into the system and the product you missed the previous week suddenly popping up on the radar so to speak. And of course Xtras don't count toward your score. If they did we'd nail it every time. :p

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  5. SrTLall

SrTLall Team Trainer

Salvage and orders staged for SFS prior to the RFID list populating will cause extras as well. The most basic way of defining extras is items that system didn't think would be in your store. The problem with scanning salvage and SFS merchandise is that the system will think those items should be in your store the next time you do the scan, which they won't be, making it that much more difficult to achieve your goal.

6. Logo

Logo Team Member

Why would it not update if it came off the truck? Once it's received our OH are updated.

7. Logo

Logo Team Member

I thought the salvage issue was fixed.

8. Logo

Logo Team Member

Does anyone know why on the report it shows items with no differences as items with large differences?
    (When I select the y radio button under large differences there are items that show zero in the difference column.)

9. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

So last week bottomed out with a score of 92% in SL and 93% in HL and I get the score back and it's 98.33%/Green. I really hate this. How do you know when to stop with this much discrepancy? There's no way in hell we would have had a 98% if we scanned all day. Way way too frustrating and we had 9K xtra last week and about the same this week. Also, I stayed away from SFS and the Salvage. Really, really hate RFID. ><

10. Bosch

Bosch Executive Team Leader

But yet some weeks it seemed that way and others it didn't..

11. RightArm

RightArm 2 Many Hats...

This week sucked. Over 9K extras and I couldn't even get 92% after scanning for a full shift. I climbed ladders, I turned product around till the gun was pointing right at the barcode, and I even got on the floor on my knees to go through every single rug we own by hand to hit the barcode with the gun. I'm so done with this crap. To do the same exact things over and over and over again and have different results all the time and to never know when you actually hit 98% is absolutely maddening. My leadership could care less right now as they have bigger things on their plate to worry about in Q4 than RFID.

12. Lazy

Lazy Backroom TL

Same here. Stl said to walk again so I walked for another 2 hours and went up by .32... Yay productivity

13. Bosch

Bosch Executive Team Leader

Once again hardlines never bothered to come get the RFID scanner to do the scan.. Second week in a row we get a big fat zero..

They also haven't done their portion of the In Stocks task list since black Friday. End to end for the win!!!! They are doing so well! /sarcasm

Rightarm, I stopped all that extra BS, it didn't help and it seemed to only hurt me. There isn't a pattern of how it counts things or what it is asking for so I quit trying.. They get what they get.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017