Rfid scan

It takes us forever to do the scan. They want the dedicated owners to do their area and then pass it off. It works in theory, but not in practice. If we had more than two RFID scanners (and if our high volume SFS would rely on the A&A team more on scan days) and more than one extra battery, we'd be ok, I think. I did it all by myself yesterday, took my full shift, but there were unforseen circumstances & had to pause for about 2 hours. Only got to 90%, unfortunately.

It takes us forever with multiple batteries. I have to come in and take the scanner and the battery out of the second scanner and then put a spare in the second scanner and come back an hour later to do the same with the last spare battery so that I can have 2 full batteries in my device holder for my shift. Otherwise it's not happening. And then in our store SFS is CONSTANTLY losing the damn guns OR guest services takes them for their scan and NEVER puts them back (just tosses them in one of their drawers). I think every store should have four. One for A&A, one for Hardlines/Electronics, one for GS/SFS, and one extra just in case. But we know that will never happen. :p

Suspended through new year.

Hey, was that on workbench? I've been trying to find out "officially" that we're suspended till the new year in case my leadership asks. I looked on workbench but couldn't find anything.

I don't remember. We discussed it at our q4 meeting. You should still be able to find where it tells you to keep scanning the registry kits. I believe it talks about scanning kits during the RFID moratorium.

I would scan from 6-1, but they wanted me to do everything at once. Me being smart and fast at my job on Tuesday, I would do domestics, electronics, and everything else then. I'm on LOA now and the person taking over is struggling because they are expected to do everything in the whole store on Wednesdays with the 6-1 hours.
I have it split in 3 days . And on the days for a&a i get my team member at 4 am to start with the sales floor and by lunch she gets in the backroom. That way she has no guest interruptions. Honestly whatever times she wants to come in I just change the schedule to fit what’s best for the business as they like to call it.

How do you sync the RFID gun to your mydevice? I had to do some epicks on the floor tonight looking for clothing that isn't on the Plano.

How do you sync the RFID gun to your mydevice? I had to do some epicks on the floor tonight looking for clothing that isn't on the Plano.

Settings app - > Bluetooth icon in the top right - > Look for the device; if it's not there, make sure the Bluetooth button on the RFID is on, and then hit the refresh button on the Zebra and the scanner should pop up for pairing.

Damn, has it really been over two years since Spot started RFID scanning? Thank God I got out of it after about six months.

Damn, has it really been over two years since Spot started RFID scanning? Thank God I got out of it after about six months.

Ah, remember back when 50k items was a full scan? 😂 Part of me almost misses doing it. Sometimes.

I just reread some of out early posts on this thread, when we had to figure out the process all together. What a mess that was.

Last edited:
Is it bad since they rolled out modernization I haven't done RFID because there is no time for it? I used to do it religiously and was always green. Good news no one has said anything about it.

I was the one who rolled it out in my store, when this end to end bullshit started and the backroom started to going to shit I bailed on it and went to backroom then to SFS.. Cause I wanted no part of it.

Looks like I'm doing RFID again on the latest schedule posted. My store is still adamant about doing it on Wednesdays for all departments, and having one person do it. I'm scheduled 5 hours.

Looks like I'm doing RFID again on the latest schedule posted. My store is still adamant about doing it on Wednesdays for all departments, and having one person do it. I'm scheduled 5 hours.
You're being set up for failure. I'm in an A level super, and get 3 days, 6.5 hours each day. 5 hours for all seems unattainable to me. I guess at the end of your shift, let leadership know how far you got, to what percent, and wish them luck on finishing it.

Back