Rfid scan

Second week of rfid scan, first week was a loss, had all scans deleted due to an error.... Second week, only needed another thousand or so to be green, same error. Five/six hours of work gone. So basically speed walked the salesfloor/backroom and got 23000 scans in an hour and a half. How's everyone else's going?

Was it the Something's Wrong MD3 error? If so, switch out to settings and see if you got disconnected from tcwireless. It can happen if you spend too long in a dead zone in the store. If so, reconnect, switch back to Checkpoint and hit Try Again.

Some stores in my group have also had luck clearing the MD3 error by walking the zebra gun far away from the MyDevice, then waiting for the Device Out Of Range error in Checkpoint. Supposedly if you then bring the zebra gun back in range it'll allow you to clear both errors. Sounds like nonsense to me, but I suppose it's worth a shot before quitting and erasing hours of work.

I haven't actually seen anyone doing anything RFID related since the tagging phase finished up a few weeks ago. Maybe it gets done in the evenings or something.

Also, our only Instocks TM quit so they wouldn't have to deal with this. We've been scheduling random TMs for the normal instocks task list.

Was it the Something's Wrong MD3 error? If so, switch out to settings and see if you got disconnected from tcwireless. It can happen if you spend too long in a dead zone in the store. If so, reconnect, switch back to Checkpoint and hit Try Again.

Some stores in my group have also had luck clearing the MD3 error by walking the zebra gun far away from the MyDevice, then waiting for the Device Out Of Range error in Checkpoint. Supposedly if you then bring the zebra gun back in range it'll allow you to clear both errors. Sounds like nonsense to me, but I suppose it's worth a shot before quitting and erasing hours of work.
Did all that, nothing worked. Sadly had to exit out and start over

At least have it auto save every so often...

Anyone who used old school Microsoft word or WordPerfect knows this.. Anytime you do a project every time you get part finished you save it so when it crashes you have a safe point. But no! We don't need that! The scan will always go perfect and smooth so they won't need to save it in sections.

We have a portable charger that we have when the mydevice goes low...we don't have to remove the case. What I don't get is the damn extras...how does it affect the scan? We were told add extras to expected and you have to reach whatever 98% is of that number...our extras run from 600-1100...someone care to explain why so much cause nobody can do it at my store

We have a portable charger that we have when the mydevice goes low...we don't have to remove the case. What I don't get is the damn extras...how does it affect the scan? We were told add extras to expected and you have to reach whatever 98% is of that number...our extras run from 600-1100...someone care to explain why so much cause nobody can do it at my store

Extras = items that have RFID tags that are not part of the phase 1 rollout. So the machine picks them up, even though they are not something it is interested in researching.

I don't take the numbers/counts seriously during the RFID scan since the week it said for one department:
Expected: 0
Missed: 3
What?
As long as I get 98% or above, I'm good.

Extras seem to be phase 1 items that you've found more of than the OnHands in the system. (3 OH for an item you found 7 of the same one, 4 extra since they weren't expected)
Otherwise we'd have a lot more extras walking through departments that don't count (Like shoes)
Easiest way to find your % is (1-(Missing/Expected))

have yet to hit 98%. highest ive gotten is 96.8. Recently had 84 missing in bath. Walked past an endcap PACKED with washcloths and on a hunch peeked at the tagged. None of them were enabled. Checked to see when we last recevied them..it was a week after our tag up process. I am willing to bet we received these untagged. THAAAAANKSSS Spot.

My understanding of extras was that it was items that we have more than what it thought we had for ohs? Would love to know if thats correct.

this process was fun, the very first time, now wednesdays fill me with dread.

have yet to hit 98%. highest ive gotten is 96.8. Recently had 84 missing in bath. Walked past an endcap PACKED with washcloths and on a hunch peeked at the tagged. None of them were enabled. Checked to see when we last recevied them..it was a week after our tag up process. I am willing to bet we received these untagged. THAAAAANKSSS Spot.

My understanding of extras was that it was items that we have more than what it thought we had for ohs? Would love to know if thats correct.

My store hasn't hit the goal either - almost though... 0.3% away this week. We've definitely received product well after our tagging days that came untagged as well which doesn't help, nor does the fact that many tagged pieces just don't get picked up by the scanner anyway (damaged tags from being bent, etc?)
Very frustrating overall.

The first two weeks of scanning went well. Today we had our first dreaded error. Kicked out of the app and wouldn't let us start over even. Told we have to wait till next week. Most likely we'll have a bigger amount to scan now come then.

The first two weeks of scanning went well. Today we had our first dreaded error. Kicked out of the app and wouldn't let us start over even. Told we have to wait till next week. Most likely we'll have a bigger amount to scan now come then.

Ours was actually smaller after we lost last weeks scan.

I left with 28k out of 30k. Hoping it went well. Scheduling me a short day on scan day isn't working well.

Ours was actually smaller after we lost last weeks scan.

I left with 28k out of 30k. Hoping it went well. Scheduling me a short day on scan day isn't working well.
Well that's reassuring then, hopefully ours does the same. How short of a shift did they give you?

Well that's reassuring then, hopefully ours does the same. How short of a shift did they give you?

A half day that ends with an hour of scan time left. So I toss the mydevice on the charger while my team goes to lunch and I go home. They finish it supposedly. Last week it didn't work so well.

Where are you finding your metrics for RFID or are you just calculating yourself?

We were also told extras don't count into your percentage, which sucks.

Sooooo my exec team has 3 versions of calculating RFID %
1. Expected x's .98= what you should hit
2. Expected+extras x's .98= goal
3. Scanned + extras x's .98= goal
I seriously laugh so flippin hard watching them pull out phones and calculate percentage and none are the same...that's when panic sets in for them

Sooooo my exec team has 3 versions of calculating RFID %
1. Expected x's .98= what you should hit
2. Expected+extras x's .98= goal
3. Scanned + extras x's .98= goal
I seriously laugh so flippin hard watching them pull out phones and calculate percentage and none are the same...that's when panic sets in for them
None of those are really right since counted includes the extras. Expected*0.02 = # of missing allowed for 98%

Back