Rfid scan

We have these metal white cubes on the sales floor in accessories. The lids come off and there may be merchandise inside.

We have these metal white cubes on the sales floor in accessories. The lids come off and there may be merchandise inside.

Ours are drawers and the lids don't come off but the drawer pulls out. I forgot about the bunker in wild fable, though. Wonder if that thing holds any jewelry right now. -_-

Last edited:
With modernization and DBOs not working on non truck days, I wonder how my store is going to have GM do their RFID. I also wonder when Style is going to take ownership of theirs.

With modernization and DBOs not working on non truck days, I wonder how my store is going to have GM do their RFID. I also wonder when Style is going to take ownership of theirs.

Definitely ASANTS..... in our store Style has struggled to get Hardlines and Electronics to take care of their own. I think we are finally getting there. Shoot...I'd gladly trade with them... a mere 10K and 1+K dpcis versus our near 100K.... -_-

Someone posted our softlines break out area from a double truck on reddit. The thing is, it would still look like this if there wasn’t a double truck. I’ve only been able to walk through the area once since January and that was when they sent a group of people from other stores to clean up because Brian Cornell was in town.

This is why I don’t try for RFID. I’m not my breaking my neck for it. I’ll scan the floor and get what I can in the back, which these days isn’t much. There’s also a few pallets or flats of shoes under the steel that’s been there for a while.

Questions for this thread. How does Wifi or lack of Wifi effect the RFID scan? Can multiple people work on an RFID scan at once if we have multiple RFID guns on hand and selected Entire store?

Might be a stupid question but I don't do RFID. What does the percentage mean? Is it how much of the expected inventory you found?

Questions for this thread. How does Wifi or lack of Wifi effect the RFID scan? Can multiple people work on an RFID scan at once if we have multiple RFID guns on hand and selected Entire store?
I think someone did mention once that two people can scan at the same time, but I think that was before they implemented different categories to open up and you did certain areas on certain days.

I imagine you need the WiFi so it knows what items it is looking for, unless it is downloaded and stored on the handset which I doubt. You also need the WiFi for it to update your number during the scan, since it submits and stores your progress as you go along.

@CrypticTM You need Wi-Fi to send the scans in as you go, every 10 minutes or so at least (it does this automatically). Idk if more than 1 person can do the scan. As far As I know just 1 TM at a time, but I haven't checked in a while.

@ShortTM Percentage of items expected that were actually found while scanning.

I think someone did mention once that two people can scan at the same time, but I think that was before they implemented different categories to open up and you did certain areas on certain days.
Two people CAN scan at the same time. BUT they both have to be scanning in the same department. For example, two TMs can be scanning in Style, but one TM can't be scanning in Style and the other in Domestics. The system won't allow it

Two people CAN scan at the same time. BUT they both have to be scanning in the same department. For example, two TMs can be scanning in Style, but one TM can't be scanning in Style and the other in Domestics. The system won't allow it
But what if I selected "Entire Store" as the department? Can two people work on it together then? Like, I hit up A&A while the other person does Domestics?

Final question. If I want to redo a specific category that I think didn't get high enough, will that scan overrite the previous scan? Say if someone accidentally "completes" a scan because they had to clock out early or something. Also, what happens if the scan takes longer then the deadline given?

I believe once a scan is completed, that's it, no other scan can be submitted for that week. You have between Tuesday and Friday to do all scans. It is ridiculous to try to scan all areas in one day. One TM per day, scanning one department per day, allows for greater accuracy and doesn't tie up two RFID wands for an entire day. Don't know what happens if you miss the deadline.

Final question. If I want to redo a specific category that I think didn't get high enough, will that scan overrite the previous scan? Say if someone accidentally "completes" a scan because they had to clock out early or something. Also, what happens if the scan takes longer then the deadline given?
Yes you can override it if you do it in the same week of scan and if you complete it before 5pm. So let’s say my team member A scanned and got 70% and submitted , the next day I come in and redo the category and get 98% I submit and the new one I gets credited .

Yes you can override it if you do it in the same week of scan and if you complete it before 5pm. So let’s say my team member A scanned and got 70% and submitted , the next day I come in and redo the category and get 98% I submit and the new one I gets credited .
I was told it was 4pm. Is this an ASANTS thing or was this something changed recently?

Back