Archived RIGS. Do you do them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like so much wasted time. We can correct issues as we scan and fill. RIGS are unproductive and seem super inefficient. I just feel like I could do so much more standalone RSCH if I didn't have 3 hours of RIGS everyday. Thoughts?

We are required to do RIGs and have the task list completed by 11. They need to be pulled and worked before 1. RIGs serve a purpose as they confirm counts when there are discrepancies, check drastic counts, check inventory before the ad changes on Sunday. RIGs help to identify areas with POG, salesplan, revision, stocking problems. They help the company to identify items that are a problem for more than just one store. I think some RIGs are ridiculous... all of the pFresh should be removed as those items are ordered, QMosed, etc. I also think that when we identify problem areas (checklane fills, ties, labels not changed during revisions, incorrect capacity, continual overstocking) that they should be addressed by the appropriate team. We write down the same "issues" every week. I've been doing this for a long time. I have a notebook and it's funny/not funny that I have some of the exact same things written down 5 years ago as I wrote down last week. We could get more RSCH done, but may miss those items that actually are important. It would be interesting to see what would happen if we didn't have to do them. We used to check future ad items by researching the store specific ad guide the week before. That actually worked to have our floor filled for the ad.

We are required to do RIGs and have the task list completed by 11. They need to be pulled and worked before 1. RIGs serve a purpose as they confirm counts when there are discrepancies, check drastic counts, check inventory before the ad changes on Sunday. RIGs help to identify areas with POG, salesplan, revision, stocking problems. They help the company to identify items that are a problem for more than just one store. I think some RIGs are ridiculous... all of the pFresh should be removed as those items are ordered, QMosed, etc. I also think that when we identify problem areas (checklane fills, ties, labels not changed during revisions, incorrect capacity, continual overstocking) that they should be addressed by the appropriate team. We write down the same "issues" every week. I've been doing this for a long time. I have a notebook and it's funny/not funny that I have some of the exact same things written down 5 years ago as I wrote down last week. We could get more RSCH done, but may miss those items that actually are important. It would be interesting to see what would happen if we didn't have to do them. We used to check future ad items by researching the store specific ad guide the week before. That actually worked to have our floor filled for the ad.

This!

Also without doing the Rigs problems that are small and are corrected on the spot will grow and you really won't like having say pallets of paper towels when you don't need them. Or not having any when the system says you have 300 of them cause a mis-pick didn't get caught.

This!

Also without doing the Rigs problems that are small and are corrected on the spot will grow and you really won't like having say pallets of paper towels when you don't need them. Or not having any when the system says you have 300 of them cause a mis-pick didn't get caught.
Or having 500 packs of clorox wipes, because someone backstocked them incorrectly.

All of this could be caught & corrected with good standalone RSCH routines though right? I'm just not sure I see the benefit.

All of this could be caught & corrected with good standalone RSCH routines though right? I'm just not sure I see the benefit.
Sure, if you scan the whole store every single day. Seriously, though... there are oftentimes RIGs that don't match schematics (identifying POG set/revision issues), there may be missing labels that are caught during RIGs (and product is in the back room) and other things that scanning alone just can't catch.

Last edited:
The point is to catch smaller things that you might not otherwise notice. Things like mispicks, items stocked in the wrong place, FF orders that are INF'd.

Maybe explain what system you think would work better instead?

At the risk of exposing myself... I will tell you what I am doing on instocks, and it's been very successful. We do the rigs, we have a 100% and have for over a year. After that we drop manuals or ilr, we fix the counts/capacity on the backstock then research the area after. Manuals were huge at first but they will get smaller. Mind you my team and I only get 50-60ish hours right now, so we aren't rolling in hours like some of the people on this site say there team is. It'll keep your floor full, your counts and capacities correct, and your backroom empty. Trust me after a while your backroom TL will thank you

Mind you, if you do this technique, you need very strong team members who can pull and push quickly. There are only two of us right now and both of us are highly trained in backroom and instocks so we do all our own pulls and push. Never leave anything behind and often end up backstocking it as well.

We are not allowed to do stand alone research now. Just shoot pog fills and call it a day. Doesn't fix anything but the floor is full of mistakes since they pick some of the worst people to push them and when the facings are full just flex it to fill the entire shelf.

We are not allowed to do stand alone research now. Just shoot pog fills and call it a day. Doesn't fix anything but the floor is full of mistakes since they pick some of the worst people to push them and when the facings are full just flex it to fill the entire shelf.
TLs, ETLs, and the STL will do POG fills, but the STL will also have me do stand alone research everyday in areas he or I think need it. Stand alone research fills the floor more accurately than the POG fills. That is, if you have a good and reliable TM doing the research.

TLs, ETLs, and the STL will do POG fills, but the STL will also have me do stand alone research everyday in areas he or I think need it. Stand alone research fills the floor more accurately than the POG fills. That is, if you have a good and reliable TM doing the research.
But if you can get into a rhythm of dropping pog fills and researching after its even more accurate and fills more.

But if you can get into a rhythm of dropping pog fills and researching after its even more accurate and fills more.
Not when the Instocks team is one person and your Flow team can't push to the piece to save their lives. Too much of my time is spent fixing overstocking and product pushed to the wrong location. I actually show it to the Flow TL and ETL but it is never investigated to find out who does it so no coaching or corrective action is ever done.

Not when the Instocks team is one person and your Flow team can't push to the piece to save their lives. Too much of my time is spent fixing overstocking and product pushed to the wrong location. I actually show it to the Flow TL and ETL but it is never investigated to find out who does it so no coaching or corrective action is ever done.

This is the reason I am looking for another job. A year of this shit. Cause they know who a few of them are and have told me who they are. The STL told me when we go 4am, I will be able to work with these people and train them properly.. OH FUCK YOU!!!! DO YOUR DAMN JOB!!!!! I AM OUT!

Nope, not worth spending the hours. POG fills only. Even my ETL is pissed cause he knows when I get let off the chain I can fill like a mutha fucka.

Had a team member get RIGs done in record time turns out they were just entering the OH listed rather actually counting.
In our store we do RIGs, stand alone once a area has been set and pushed (zone is always the best then) and we drop manuals.

Your store's RIGs take three hours?

Easily.

1. zone is always trashed, it a never ending of one thing is wrong and where first item goes has something else where it shouldn't be and so on and so on.
2. Push is a shit show, so have a second cart for backstock.
3. Take an hour out everyday for smart huddle
4. waste 1/2hr looking for equipment or swapping dead equipment
5. waste another 45min on a register
6. take my breaks and hopefully I get finished before lunch.
7. help guests since there is no salesfloor and POG and Pricing seem to forget they have radio's.

That is how a 150 Rigs take three hours..

I used to do that and pull multiple carts of backstock off the shelves every day. Was told it'd get looked into and nothing ever happened so I just stopped caring...sadly.

Mine takes maybe 45 minutes, usually less. We average around 130-150 rigs, and a lot of the time we run into errors from pog or backroom errors that screw up counts. So it'll take us 45 minutes or so.
How many people work 150 RIGs in 45min?

I used to do that and pull multiple carts of backstock off the shelves every day. Was told it'd get looked into and nothing ever happened so I just stopped caring...sadly.

How many people work 150 RIGs in 45min?

More than one.

Yes, I know because when I did pets, I corrected a lot of discrepancies as I did the rigs and it fixed the problem. Rigs are a sign of how much issues you have with BR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back