Archived Risers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One year, we had risers for all of our Christmas trees. That worked well. I don't think they look horrible unless you stack the Hell out of the items on them. We've had things like poinsettias and ornaments up there and they looked good. Kinda like decoration, but it was functional as well.

In case anyone needs to see why Target generally disapproves riser sets... Blegh.

Cause Flow or some jackass with a wave decides to stack shit to the roof and then leaves. Leaving dayside to figure out how to pull that shit down.. Getting someone hurt.

Years ago when I worked at Wallyworld, they were big on the risers......they had gotten a couple of pallets of the large Maxwell coffee cans, and decideded to load the first aisle with cans stacked about 10-12 rows tall......which looked great, for about 2 hours.......followed by some loud creaking, and a deafening crash as the entire riser came down.....all but destroyed the entire first aisle......Thankfully, the store wasn't open yet.....

They didn't really learn anything from it, but at least the next time they did it, it was with the cans of Danish Butter Cookies......not quite as heavy, but still heard a lot of creaking....

They never really did figure out why I refused to build risers after that (other than a single layer).....

My walmart uses them in the grocery department and it looks pretty terrible. The store is only a few years old too, so you'd think they would have built a big enough backroom to accommodate the backstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back