Archived Rudeness at Food Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the guests who get Icee EVERYWHERE. LOVING EVERYWHERE. I literally turn my back for 5 minutes to help a guest, and it's like an explosion at the condiment/soda bar. UGH and then they drip it everywhere! I HATE the Icee machines.

Yup, takes a lot of elbow grease getting that **** out if you're not on top of it right away either....

I'm lovin' the churros, krinkle fries & we got Meaty Marinara back! *me doing a happy dance with pasta*
Now, if we could ditch those horrible cheese pretzels....
And, to the mom who brought in her 4 kids with their water bottles: we saw you letting them fill them up at the fountain before you left. Next time....

I would have said something. Sadly, I'm not allowed to confront food avenue theifs unless there a team member. :huh:

Ever wounder what the filters look like inside that go to the soda dispenser's and coffee makers ?

111-1176_IMG.jpg

I had a photo of the chilling troth in the soda ice maker but the green algae started to rot my crap-berry....

Remind me not to drink anything from food avenue.

They were at the soda fountain & they weren't filling them up with water.
Great way to teach your kids petty theft.
They start them off so early. One day its taking drinks at target. Tomorrow dealing Drugs in street corners. Thats my kid.

I was working in Food Ave one day with another co-worker when the dinner rush hit (why is there even a dinner rush at a Target cafe? Have they not seen the nutritional info for that fatty crap?).
One women ordered a cheese pizza and a large drink.
My co-worker takes all the orders while I run around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. I put the pizza in a box, slide it on the counter and shout that I have 'one cheese pizza!'.
I turn around to make a pretzel as the women comes to claim her pizza. I turn around and hand my co-worker the pretzel when the pizza women starts screaming about how 'nasty' the pizza looks, that 'she refuses to eat such garbage!' and that she wanted a 'refund'. We refund her money, and I can't help but mutter "What the hell do you think this is? PF Changs?" a few guests laugh as does my co-worker. I hold up the pizza and ask if anybody wants it (free), we end up giving it away to another TM.

We have secret clearance to give out or eat food that was returned or torn (pretzels). Lol I've had one free pretzel, two free cookies and I have high hopes for a free popcorn. Lolll

I was working in Food Ave one day with another co-worker when the dinner rush hit (why is there even a dinner rush at a Target cafe? Have they not seen the nutritional info for that fatty crap?).
My co-worker takes all the orders while I run around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. I put the pizza in a box, slide it on the counter and shout that I have 'one cheese pizza!'.
I turn around to make a pretzel as the women comes to claim her pizza. I turn around and hand my co-worker the pretzel when the pizza women starts screaming about how 'nasty' the pizza looks, that 'she refuses to eat such garbage!' and that she wanted a 'refund'. We refund her money, and I can't help but mutter "What the hell do you think this is? PF Changs?" a few guests laugh as does my co-worker. I hold up the pizza and ask if anybody wants it (free), we end up giving it away to another TM.

We have secret clearance to give out or eat food that was returned or torn (pretzels). Lol I've had one free pretzel, two free cookies and I have high hopes for a free popcorn. Lolll

Wish we had that rule here.

Hey veteran food ave TM's I heard back in the day Target Cafes had a grill and actually cooked burgers is this true?

At my store all that stuff is normally thrown away. May I ask are the pretzels supposed to be warm? At my store there always served cold... I tried it once and was like yuck.

At my store all that stuff is normally thrown away. May I ask are the pretzels supposed to be warm? At my store there always served cold... I tried it once and was like yuck.

COLD??
Ew god no!! We have this little metal drawer that is one giant heater. I think it's a humidity cooker, they go in frozen and come out soft and warm/hot.
I'm surprised anybody buys them cold! Lol

WOW that would have been great. There were many pretzels that I had to throw out because they were torn. The amount of good food that I had to throw out on a daily basis was ridiculous. Especially the mountain of popcorn just dumped every night. Never could understand why we couldn't put it in the breakroom for the tms. Bagged popcorn is good even the next day, but we had to throw it, sometimes as many as 12 bags! We don't have a FA anymore just Starbucks and I don't work over there so I have no idea what they do with stuff, probably still throwing out good food.

Hey veteran food ave TM's I heard back in the day Target Cafes had a grill and actually cooked burgers is this true?

yeah when I was first trained over there we had a grill and a deep fryer. I hated them both, a pain in the butt and hard to clean. They got rid of both about 8 months after I started so I didn't have to use them much as I was only over there for breaks and lunches.

That would constitute being written up at my last store. We were told to never give away any food that was expired, a guest refused, or leftover after closing.

Yes we did have grills and fryers, & ovens...and I have the scars to prove it.

I think getting rid of the grill and fryers was a bad decision. I had all sorts of loyal breakfast people. And you could actually eat a pretty decent lunch of burgers and chicken tenders without ever going out. But I guess the overhead and waste were too much. Then again we would be bombarded by flow team orders in the morning that guests would walk away because of the wait.

The ice cream was a horrible idea though. No one bought the stuff and it would always ice over. It was always too expensive for what you get.

The more trendy Food Cafe menu is a bad choice. Not everyone is going to eat items like hummus.

Last edited:
When we told people we no longer put chili on nachos or hot dogs...it was like they were having a heart attack.

COLD??
Ew god no!! We have this little metal drawer that is one giant heater. I think it's a humidity cooker, they go in frozen and come out soft and warm/hot.
I'm surprised anybody buys them cold! Lol
Yes, there served cold here. I'm not sure how many we sell, but I don't think many people enjoy cold pretzels.

Depending on your store, they should be kept in the pretzel warmer (gourmet name brand pretzels) or warmed up in the Flash Bake. The microwave should only be used in drastic need.

So today we had a mom come through with three kids. She's getting all the orders, we're assembling them, she swipes her card & takes off with the kids & food. The guy that rang her up then noticed that she used a debit but didn't enter a PIN or finish the trans.
I went around to the front but they were nowhere to be seen. What would you have done?

Don't give food until the receipt is in her hand, first. Or, in cafe's case, the survey slip.

ran it as a credit if the info was still on the card reader. I'm not sure how "spot-approved" it is, but I'm sure it's better than losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back