Archived Rudeness at Food Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today we had a mom come through with three kids. She's getting all the orders, we're assembling them, she swipes her card & takes off with the kids & food. The guy that rang her up then noticed that she used a debit but didn't enter a PIN or finish the trans.
I went around to the front but they were nowhere to be seen. What would you have done?

I also would have tried to run it as a credit. If that hadn't worked all you can do is mark it up to experience and next time NOT give the food until money changes hands.

I love having shifts at food ave. During my breaks I can grab a soda cup and any food that is damaged(pretzel torn), or guest didn't want(pizza not looking good), we get to eat it or toss it.

Pretty much everyone in my store abuses the soda fountain.

I hated my Food Ave. Just because I have been there longer than any other team member. Heck, I trained 3 out of 5 of my FATLs. But I will be working a salesfloor shift, and as soon as something goes wrong, I get called to FA to fix a problem or bail them from a rush or give them breaks...all while my reshop grows and zone suffers. Then I get lectured for falling behind.

Last edited:
I worked food ave. for 4+ years and when we were renovated they took it out in place of a Starbucks. I made the decision not to apply there and I am very glad I did. I helped one Saturday night with some wash up and there is a ton more work to do than FA ever had. Plus they only have one closer ever, even on weekends, it's just nuts.

I love having shifts at food ave. During my breaks I can grab a soda cup and any food that is damaged(pretzel torn), or guest didn't want(pizza not looking good), we get to eat it or toss it.

Pretty much everyone in my store abuses the soda fountain.

I'm not sure SPOT would like this. The store I'm at is very strict on employees consuming unpurchased merchandise. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Ditto this^
QMOS is tossed unless leadership directs otherwise (very seldom).
Pizza Hut in particular is real strict, which is why the front end was told to stop offering free pizzas as credit prizes.

ETLs do it at my store. Mainly with the drinks.
They would grab a cup in the AM then just keep refilling it throughout the day.

Even AP would ask for a water cup and get soda instead.

Last edited:
Yeah store has been selling the fries for as long as I can remember and we recently started selling churros also.
People rarely even buy them.

To that one guest giving the F/A team member at food ave a hard time. No we cant stuff your churros... stop causing a riot because we cant make them a certain way.

Hey red question....What are these black specks I'm finding in the pop.. You can only see them in the lighter colored drinks... *Sierra Mist, Lemonade, Mountain dew,* You might know there obviously not suppose to be in the drinks but there tiny but big enough to be noticed.

Hey red question....What are these black specks I'm finding in the pop.. You can only see them in the lighter colored drinks... *Sierra Mist, Lemonade, Mountain dew,* You might know there obviously not suppose to be in the drinks but there tiny but big enough to be noticed.
Your soda lines need to be flushed. Sometimes, when switching out syrups the lines might need to be cleared out for a bit. Make sure the connectors are wiped with a sanitzer-wet wipe-all. Then let it run a few seconds.
If it persists, have your SFT check your CO2 lines.

Your soda lines need to be flushed. Sometimes, when switching out syrups the lines might need to be cleared out for a bit. Make sure the connectors are wiped with a sanitzer-wet wipe-all. Then let it run a few seconds.

On the old coke fountain machines you used to be able to connect an adapter to the syrup lines and be able to flush a bucket of hot water through the lines.

Think Im gonna mention this to Food Ave TL. Thanks

I had two guests today who shouted at me because we don't serve coffee in Food Ave. They walked DIRECTLY past Starbucks to my end of the counter. And began ordering coffee and assorted breakfast items. To which I informed them our set doesn't have coffee and they have to go to to Starbucks. To which they replied why couldn't I just go in the back and retrieve food from Starbucks and ring it up here. Because I am not a Starbucks employee.

I've also had the family with three kids who don't know what they want-- the people wanting to know if the popcorn is fresh, dang ICEE and soda explosions, learning to not give food until pin confirmed, as well as the people who are snippy about waiting times. I am sure the list is longer, but despite all the stress it can cause I have had some very friendly ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back