Archived Rudeness at Food Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ran out of Coca-Cola ICEE today, so I put a sign up on the machine saying "Out of Order". Now, as I came to understand it, when something says, "Out of Order", that means it's broken and/or there is something wrong with it.

Apparently I'm wrong.

I had 5 guests (2 of whom were just total @$$holes about it) come up, look at the sign, and then tell me they wanted Coke ICEEs. Really? Don't be dumb people.

It wasn't FA, but at Starbucks this week, there was an issue with the espresso machine and there was someone out fixing it. Someone walked up and asked for a white chocolate mocha and the TM told her she couldn't make it because (DUH!!!) the espresso machine wasn't working and the guest threw a fit and asked to speak to "her boss". The ETL came over (the STL wasn't there) and explained that it was being worked on (DUH!!! The guy was 5' away from her with the machine in pieces!) and apologized for the inconvenience and she actually had the nerve to say "I'd like a $25 Starbuck's gift card for my inconvenience" :facepalm: He told her he wasn't able to do that, but would be willing to offer her a "tall drink COLD drink of her choice or coffee with whatever syrup she'd like" and she REFUSED because "the regular coffee sucks" and stomped off in a huff saying she was "going to call Corporate". We all just stood there shaking our heads.

OT, but oddly enough, I also heard that another store's espresso machine broke this week as well??? Something in the air or has someone been sabotaging the espresso machines? Where's Steritech been lately? LOL!

"I'd like a $25 Starbuck's gift card for my inconvenience" !

...and I'd like a $2/hr raise but I don't see that happening any more than you...

Re: espresso machine failures - yep, had one during the last cold snap & you'd think I'd deliberately broke it judging by people's reaction when they were told it was down.

She actually had the nerve to say "I'd like a $25 Starbuck's gift card for my inconvenience" :facepalm:

Don't you love those people?? I know I do. :p

IKR??? I felt like telling her, "I'd like YOU to give ME a $25 gift card for having to listen to you and wasting 1/2 of my break because the SBTM was dealing with you and couldn't refill my damn coffee, you dumb....." (and trust me, it took every ounce of willpower NOT to the way my day was going....) ;)

She actually had the nerve to say "I'd like a $25 Starbuck's gift card for my inconvenience" :facepalm:

Don't you love those people?? I know I do. :p

Too bad it's not like the old days when such a demand would be met with a knuckle sandwich.

Blame our modern consumer culture of entitlement. This is a First World Problem that some jackass tried to use to her advantage. Chances are, she passed dozens of places to get a coffee and she was probably not starving when she arrived at the store.

Me"I'm sorry ma'am target can't use coldstone giftcards and we don't participate in their promotions"
Guest"Isn't this a coldstone?!?"
Me"nope it's a target lucky enough to have a coldstone inside"

Me"I'm sorry ma'am target can't use coldstone giftcards and we don't participate in their promotions"
Guest"Isn't this a coldstone?!?"
Me"nope it's a target lucky enough to have a coldstone inside"

OK, that is too cool (so to speak).
I'm glad we didn't have that, I'd have gained a hundred pounds.
/me has major weakness for ice cream.

*me stashes some ice cream in the back of the walk-in for Commie*

Nothing rude about it really (well, the lady that came today wasn't the nicest person in the world by far) but I f**king hate being in FA when the health department comes. I got b*tched at today because apparently my hair is too long for just a hat? My hair is very short, so I don't know what the hell that was all about.

nothing rude about it really (well, the lady that came today wasn't the nicest person in the world by far) but i f**king hate being in fa when the health department comes. I got b*tched at today because apparently my hair is too long for just a hat? My hair is very short, so i don't know what the hell that was all about.

surprise, inspection :p

nothing rude about it really (well, the lady that came today wasn't the nicest person in the world by far) but i f**king hate being in fa when the health department comes. I got b*tched at today because apparently my hair is too long for just a hat? My hair is very short, so i don't know what the hell that was all about.

surprise, inspection :p

I know! And I was 20 minutes away from the end of my shift too, and that lady just ruined my day.

Hair supposed to be shoulder length or shorter including in ponytail. Other wise you have to bun it......

Not really a rude guest but I wasn't even open for ten minutes (we open at 9) and I had lady order a pizza...for her 3 year old..and then didn't come back until 30 minutes after the pizza was made..

Really!?

Not really a rude guest but I wasn't even open for ten minutes (we open at 9) and I had lady order a pizza...for her 3 year old..and then didn't come back until 30 minutes after the pizza was made..

Really!?

Sounds like a rude guest to me. If I make a pizza and you aren't back in less than 10 minutes, it's in the garbage.

Really!?

Sounds like a rude guest to me. If I make a pizza and you aren't back in less than 10 minutes, it's in the garbage.

That reminds me, last week someone asked "do you make full sized pizzas???!" And I responded back no, they huffed and stormed out.

They call it express for a reason...lol

Really!?

That reminds me, last week someone asked "do you make full sized pizzas???!" And I responded back no, they huffed and stormed out.

They call it express for a reason...lol

Ah, so you have a Pizza Hut. I do not. I get to make crappy AF pizzas.

To the guy who opened three pizza boxes while asking me "how old" they were: Thanks for the opp to toss out the only pizzas I had ready. You then sat across the way waiting for "fresh" ones to come out of the oven. Too bad they were taken by 2 moms & a gaggle of kids so you ended up waiting quite a while. And, seeing how you didn't PAY for one yet, you can bet I took my sweet time putting the next batch in, namely when I saw folks walking up because THEY would pay & get them as they were coming hot out of the oven.
Jerk.

Why do guests have the urge to open the boxes? The lid is even transparent.

Our lids aren't transparent but even if they were, they'd still open 'em to see 'em up-close & personal.
And yeh, they're marked on top as to whether they're cheese or pepperoni.

So wait... They break open the white ingredient lists that you put over the opening of the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back