Archived Rx Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanMyBackRoOm

Hard lines Wizard
Okay, so last night while me and my HR ETL were sitting down discussing reports about hard lines we noticed that for some reason or another the OTC Rx area seems to have a really poor score. It's not just our score either, we looked at the entire district and it seems that a large portion if not all of our district suffers with pretty bad LOC accuracy and lots of negative feedback in guest comments about it. They don't give us a negative number on surveys but they just mention that something should be done with the area because it's overwhelming. I totally understand that, not only is medicine a complete pain in the butt trying to figure out whats the best buy but if your sick your probably not in the best frame of mine trying to purchase medicine any how.

Anyways, curious for those ETLs, TMs, and TLs out there... What are your guys's scores for your OTC Rx area on your reports? High? Low? If it's high, mind letting me know if you have anything different than the standard plano set? Maybe it's something I can try to fix? I'm not too sure what else, other than zoning to do over there. Like I said there's crap everywhere, and I am not sure how to make it any easier for the guests to traverse the area.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated... I was telling my LOD yesterday that maybe just having a better TM presence in that generally area might help, but every time I am over there basically someone knows what they're looking for and doesn't really want any help. I'm not sure, I want to improve our score if I can with something creative but I am currently at a loss for ideas / words about the situation.

I'm all ears, thanks =]

To my knowledge, our RX sets are all to planogram. TM presence may help, but usually guests know what they want, like you said. I would suggest getting a stronger zone in that area every night. Medicine usually comes in small packages, and those are easily placed in the wrong spot which would cause a lot of confusion for guests and TM's can't help if it is not zoned correctly. Partner with your pharmacy team on providing service to guests who look lost as well. When our scores dropped over the summer, our pharmacy team really stepped up to help them improve.

It depends on WHY they're low....do guests say items are out of stock? Nobody there to help? Layout? All of the above:p Find the "most common" complaint and start there....

Ours were "borderline" low for a while, and guests mostly complained about not being able to find things (one even did it in ALL CAPS!!! I CAN NEVER FIND WHAT I WANT!!!!). To me, that means A) items are out of stock, B) items are in the wrong place (A HUGE issue at our store since I know for a fact they have been told "we would rather have items in the wrong place than an empty shelf:rolleyes:), or C) the layout is HORRIBLE. I've had guests tell me "well, that's a stupid place for X"......and they're absolutely right!!!! For example, at our store (and another nearby), Dramamine is smack dab in the middle of pain relievers, even though it treats nausea/vomiting. At the other store, that's 3 aisles away from the other nausea/vomiting medications!!! We have probiotics in 3 different aisles. Not to mention, every couple of months, they move everything around, just to make things "interesting," I guess?o_O

What always makes me laugh is people who are looking for an item that hasn't been anywhere NEAR pharmacy for YEARS, like shampoo. Especially when they say something like "the LAST time I bought it, it was RIGHT HERE!" I'm always thinking "Well, I've been here for X years and it hasn't been over here in that time so that means you haven't bought shampoo in X years.....EWWWWW!!!!!!":D

You'll need to pull up that report and check things like time of day and week. Sometimes you can narrow it down to something like flow team being in the area that day. I'm still trying to figure out the grocery one myself. Scores really need more of a break down or their 1-10 system needs to just be changed to neutral, satisfied, amazed and we'd be good.

Our score fluctuates from being really good to really bad, with very little in the middle. One thing my store does is that midday zone is done in that block every single day, no exceptions unless the store is on fire. And even then, it will probably still be done.

Now granted that is the only time it is zoned, but that area is so tedious that it's better to have the leadership do it together than have one bored team member do a half assed job at night.

Our score fluctuates from being really good to really bad, with very little in the middle. One thing my store does is that midday zone is done in that block every single day, no exceptions unless the store is on fire. And even then, it will probably still be done.

Now granted that is the only time it is zoned, but that area is so tedious that it's better to have the leadership do it together than have one bored team member do a half assed job at night.
Are your otc pushers all busted and useless too? Maybe just switching everything out for the old stick on plastic ones would be the best bet, but then plano would actually have to do their job properly and we know corporate doesn't give them enough hours for that.

It depends on WHY they're low....do guests say items are out of stock? Nobody there to help? Layout? All of the above:p Find the "most common" complaint and start there....

Ours were "borderline" low for a while, and guests mostly complained about not being able to find things (one even did it in ALL CAPS!!! I CAN NEVER FIND WHAT I WANT!!!!). To me, that means A) items are out of stock, B) items are in the wrong place (A HUGE issue at our store since I know for a fact they have been told "we would rather have items in the wrong place than an empty shelf:rolleyes:), or C) the layout is HORRIBLE. I've had guests tell me "well, that's a stupid place for X"......and they're absolutely right!!!! For example, at our store (and another nearby), Dramamine is smack dab in the middle of pain relievers, even though it treats nausea/vomiting. At the other store, that's 3 aisles away from the other nausea/vomiting medications!!! We have probiotics in 3 different aisles. Not to mention, every couple of months, they move everything around, just to make things "interesting," I guess?o_O

What always makes me laugh is people who are looking for an item that hasn't been anywhere NEAR pharmacy for YEARS, like shampoo. Especially when they say something like "the LAST time I bought it, it was RIGHT HERE!" I'm always thinking "Well, I've been here for X years and it hasn't been over here in that time so that means you haven't bought shampoo in X years.....EWWWWW!!!!!!":D

For truth. All of it. And don't knock those of us who don't shampoo. My hair is clean. :)

Reasons I quit using Target Pharmacy:
Stupid, emotionless, personality of a rock, sorority type of pharmacists that they've hired!
Business hours just are really hard to work around. CVS and Walgreens are open 24/7 AND have a drive thru. God forbid you get there and it's 1:33. They're ALL at lunch til 2pm!
Endless waiting to pick up a script!!
Always seemed to have place an order for what was needed. Not enough stock on hand for everyone.
Most of my scripts are maintenance drugs that my insurance company says I HAVE to go through CVS if I want to save money...and I do. lol

Why ARE the probiotics in different aisles??? I noticed this while looking for them for a relative. This makes no sense. Who got paid for this idea???

Are your otc pushers all busted and useless too? Maybe just switching everything out for the old stick on plastic ones would be the best bet, but then plano would actually have to do their job properly and we know corporate doesn't give them enough hours for that.

I think most of them still work. But there are a few that if you breathe on them just right when you are zoning will fall and you'll have to restock the entire shelf.

I think most of them still work. But there are a few that if you breathe on them just right when you are zoning will fall and you'll have to restock the entire shelf.

Sounds like the children's toothpaste and expensive professional hair care in the freaking stand-up tubes. I can't stand zoning those sections.

We only use pushers for a few sections of OTC. Most of it has sticky dividers instead.

Flow would have to know to stop over stocking it as well.

Our pharmacy is one of the top performers in the district. The vibe scores for our otc/Hba however, always seemed to be low or at best mediocre. Upon carefully reading guest comments they found that guests were having a hard time shopping the aisles. They cited merchandise being in the way and team members in the way pushing merchandise ( we are a 730 am process store). So, what the srtl/log decided to do was to have Hba pushed first thing. What isn't pushed by 830 is pushed to the back and a one cart per team member ( to push) is strictly enforced. This seemed to help our numbers.

Flow would have to know to stop over stocking it as well.
If you use the long ones that run the whole shelf it shouldn't be to bad, what I think screws up the pushers the most is flow trying to force stuff in, destroying the pusher itself and then the yearly 20% bonus value super health size that flow team then forces in yet again, destroying all of the dividers in the process.

my store doesn't have a lot of pushers anymore, we have rollers now which work nicely except you can't put a sticky divider so it's almost like Tetris

What are these rollers you speak of?

AUTOFRONT_Roller_Shelf_.jpg

Like this, except a normal shelf and no dividers . They're fairly new I believe.

It's only a few aisles we have them on, the deodorant is not one thank god. It's the H from HBA stuff, like pills, supplements, etc

What are these rollers you speak of?

Like this, except a normal shelf and no dividers . They're fairly new I believe.
Looks like I'm ordering mystery items on sap again. These could be really good for Pillow cases and pill bottles. Probably horrible for deodorant.

The roller shelves are awesome! Ours have the small dividers between each facing. We only have rollers in the vitamin aisle.

We tilt our pillowcase shelves and use those metal bar dividers that keep them from falling off the front of the shelf.

We tilt our pillowcase shelves and use those metal bar dividers that keep them from falling off the front of the shelf.
We were going to tilt ours and do the same but a lot of the shelves were too low to do that as well. These roller shelves would be perfect though if they already have an auto incline and a built in top. Does anyone have the numbers for the pillow holders we used in seasonal? I love those things and I'd like to use them on all my pillows to allow flow to over stuff without the normal issues of them popping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back