Archived "S" ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
do any other stores use "S" to tie POGs that are not set? Apparently a peer told me this is a common practice in a store near me, and I just don't understand it.

We do this at my store. There a few different reasons. For grocery, they send our store more POGs than there are end caps for. But we are still expected to tie them all. So we use S-ties in this situation. Another reason would be if we have too much clearance and we need to keep several end caps of clearance, which means we don't have room for the POGs, so we S-tie them. And sadly, the third reason we might use an S-tie is if we run out of time and it gets to Saturday and not all the POGs are going to get set. S-tie the POGs that are left so we don't get dinged for not getting all POGs tied.

Ah yes, "S" ties the bane of every Signing Ninjas existence.

"Could you hold on to those signs for another couple of weeks? I know it says that the endcap is set but we had too much clearance."
Four weeks later, just before it is probably going to be switched out anyway.
""There's a visit tomorrow, I need those signs for that one endcap. What do you mean you threw them away?"

We tie all the Starbucks pogs and revisions there. Otherwise, we don't use them.

Lol, I hide any signs for dummy tied pogs in the ambient room. We normally only do it for the pb&j endcap though. And it's the aisle on the backwall with trash bags. No endcaps to get confused, unless you really think they exist.

We tie things we can't set (mostly just clearance and vendor endcaps we won't set) to an X location. I tie Starbucks pogs to FA (for food ave) since we don't have a food ave anymore.

We do this at my store. There a few different reasons. For grocery, they send our store more POGs than there are end caps for. But we are still expected to tie them all. So we use S-ties in this situation. Another reason would be if we have too much clearance and we need to keep several end caps of clearance, which means we don't have room for the POGs, so we S-tie them. And sadly, the third reason we might use an S-tie is if we run out of time and it gets to Saturday and not all the POGs are going to get set. S-tie the POGs that are left so we don't get dinged for not getting all POGs tied.

I hate when other stores tie things in because they ran out of time. I don't fake reports and then it looks like everyone is finishing their workload besides us.

The only things we fake tie are AD rotation endcaps that we don't have enough product for. We use SB01 for Starbucks POG's and revisions.

Under previous leadership, we used to have sales planners "fake tied" to Z locations if they weren't set. I found this out one day while doing re-shop when I asked my PTL where Z10 is. She got super angry about it and said she was going to delete the Z locations. (Either she went through with it or my ETL-Ops discontinued the practice when he took over SPLs.)

Like @PlanoBitch's store, our Starbucks location is SB, not S. Those of you in Supers, do your stores have S aisles?

Super's do not have any "S" aisles on the salesfloor. Starbucks and Food Ave order guides/sign POGs should be tied to "FA" per planogram direction.

As far as fake ties go so you don't get "dinged," that is basically cheating. Oh let me tie these POG's I didn't do so that I don't lose credit... for something that isn't done! When there are no available endcaps due to clearance I get it. Fake tying a home location planogram? No thanks. This is the entire reason Transitions Set On Time score when to green-only metric after you reach 95%. To stop people from fake tying things that aren't done, and to stop stores in districts competing to see who can have the higher tenth of a percent in their scores.

We don't S-tie things, perhaps because one of our softlines is S. I do see things Z-tied all the time, usually because of lack of space because of clearance.

My store does Z ties but I think it's only if there is tons of clearance (they did it to shoes for weeks). I heard the PTL explaining to the softlines flow TMs that all of intimates was NOP because they never had time to reset it, so they probably aren't doing it to fake metrics.

Like @mrknownothing I had to double check that it was a fake location the first time I saw it. My store has X and Y aisles so it was a reasonable question.

Lazy Plano TM uses fake Q ties every week because she never does any work and gets nothing done. All corporate cares is that the tie was complete, not where it was tied to. They are setting unrealistic expectations too

I break my X ties on Sundays or Mondays so people don't get confused about a location that doesn't exist, and so pricing doesn't think there's workload to complete in a place that doesn't exist.

I had someone do a CL tie and didn't break it until Monday. I thought it was another 4-way display for entertainment, so I tied the signs for the POGs that were tied to that CL location when I was finishing up prep the prior Friday. When I asked, the TM said "oh yeah, that's fake." Would have been nice to know, I had a ton of signs junking up my Wacos this week. He could have put it in a "Z" location. "CL" is real.

Unrelated: Thank you HQ for taking away my long, but totally necessary report that showed me ALL of the location changes for my ad prep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back