Archived Said Customer Instead of Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working at Tarbucks a couple of weeks ago, and in all the commotion of trying to be on POS and bar with a line of 30 people ordering drinks, I mistakenly said "I can help the next customer over here" instead of "I am help the next GUEST over here." I got pulled aside and talked to and the next time I do it I'll get written up. FML.

That seems like a stupid thing to write someone up for but that’s Spot for you. But it is not uncommon for new people to say customer only to be corrected for it.

Yikes...That sounds a little much to be written up about. Especially since you are new and I don't think Starbucks themselves care if you call people guest or customers.

That doesn't really matter if it's in a Target.

Target frowns upon the usage of " Customer" I think its worthy of coaching but not a CCA unless you keep doing it. Keep practicing it during your shifts " This guest" " next guest please" " by guest service"

Lol, wtf? We call them guests at my store also, but there are multiple older women who used to work at their stores who will say ‘customer’ over the walkie all the time and as far as I’m aware, nobody cares. It’s usually the old Softlines ladies who say ‘customer service on 2280 for vaccums’ Or something like that. Been that way for a long time so I’m assuming they would be fired by now if our leadership had a problem with it.

Don't feel bad, when I first started at Target for the first week, until I was told otherwise (I am terrible with names), I always called on the LOD for ANYTHING, It was always for a price discrepancy.

Getting written up is just documenting that you had a serious conversation. There are PDDs and CCAs. Both are technically being written up, but only the CCA you have to sign and puts you on a suspension, no transfers, no promotions.

If you are still within your 90 days then a write-up means they value you enough to keep you and would rather write up a PDD. View it as a hard coaching. It's important, but it's still going to take a month of issues to get you to the CCA.

If someone is within their 90 days and it would need a CCA it usually means they are getting termed.

No one actually gets written up for that at my store. Someone will correct them over the walkie if the person says "Customer needs help in domestics or wherever", but that's it.

Don't feel bad, when I first started at Target for the first week, until I was told otherwise (I am terrible with names), I always called on the LOD for ANYTHING, It was always for a price discrepancy.
Lol, I did this too. I’m in Hardlines and at my store we just go on break whenever we want, and coordinate with electronics/beauty ourselves to make sure we won’t overlap and can cover each other. For about the first month I would always ask the LOD to go to 3 and then ask if I could take a 15. For the longest time I always wondered why I got the pissiest ‘yes’ back possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back