Archived San Francisco Passes Retail Rights Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I love how Salon's article about this features what looks suspiciously like Spot's logo.
The city of San Francisco has passed a Retail Workers Rights Bill which includes such things as having to post the schedule two weeks ahead and compensate you if they change it.
They have to give the bulk of the hours to regular employees instead of temps.
This is on top of the $ 15 an hour minimum wage they past.
I don't know how many stores are in the city's limits but I do know that where San Francisco goes California tends to follow.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/26/cor...isco_passesretail_workers_bill_of_rights/?upw

Well they need it with the massive cost of living over there. Would like for this to become a national thing but I doubt that will happen.

I love it when they post the schedule, then put a disclaimer on it ... Subject to change. What? That's bullcrap. It's either a schedule or not.

Personally, the extra money would be nice.. However, I would be willing to settle for simply being treated like an adult and having my hard work appreciated. That's free to Spot.

I love how Salon's article about this features what looks suspiciously like Spot's logo.
The city of San Francisco has passed a Retail Workers Rights Bill which includes such things as having to post the schedule two weeks ahead and compensate you if they change it.
They have to give the bulk of the hours to regular employees instead of temps.
This is on top of the $ 15 an hour minimum wage they past.
I don't know how many stores are in the city's limits but I do know that where San Francisco goes California tends to follow.

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/26/cor...isco_passesretail_workers_bill_of_rights/?upw

Wow! Treat your loyal employees with respect & dignity?

It's sad that we need laws to force employers to do the right thing by their employees.

I sure hope this idea spreads to every state in the union!! Target can swallow that pill easier than they can swallow the Union pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back