Archived SBUX/Food Ave TL is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSA2GSTL16

Backroom/Instocks TL
I am on the bench but the STL of course wants me to flex my weight. How does one "convince" the food ave/Stbux team lead to pony up and stop being a complete moron? how many times do I have to say don't leave your backstock at the lanes? I'm at my wits end, it's fine when I'm there and on their ass but my weekend off it's a shit show. LOD adds it in their closing email but I just don't know how I can actually enforce this when I am not there . I've decided to have them bring it to the back of the seating area to work stock. Thoughts?

Why don't you help them put it away? Food ave is under your domain at the front end. Depending on your store, front end GSA/gstl are cross train to work in those areas. So help them out. It would be a good sign for your development as a team player/leader. Spot will notice it.

I am going to assume that you are using this forum to vent a little, and don't actually approach coworkers with this attitude. If I knew my GSTL were calling me a complete moron, I would probably never take care of my backstock again :p. You might want to start with a simple conversation with your SBTL. Ask if there is a reason backstock cannot be wheeled to the back after it is pushed. In turn, explain why leaving the backstock creates a problem for the front end. No accusations or recriminations. Do you and your SBTL work opposite weekends? Perhaps you could offer to take something off her plate on your weekend (make sure Playground gets pushed?), and she can make sure to take care of backstock on hers. Hard fact is, she is a TL. You will need to find a way to work together. Or you can keep tattling to ETLs, which really won't be doing yourself any favors.

On a more Sbux specific note, we only push one shopping cart at a time, because I cannot stand to have tubs sitting in the lobby. I partnered with my receiver to bring them to us one at a time. Perhaps something like this would help the overall situation?

I've had frozen/cold product left on tubs in my walk-in, in the back & in the lobby.
When my SBTL is there, she gets on them & tells them to throttle back because we're in the middle of morning rush & that stuff will be out too long before we have an opp to put it away.
When she's not there, however, I end up having to call my ETL & ask them to pace it slower because - coupled with not getting all our hours - it's a recipe for disaster.

Okay, moron was harsh. sometimes it's best not to type what is actually in my head! It isn't just sbux but the entire front end that doesn't understand brand
And my insistence of nothing blocking any lanes that makes me want to scream. My pain is over, said TL quit and I'm taking over Backroom/ Logistics TL. I thought I would get her position but it's time to learn a whole new process and I'm looking forward to it!

Front end pain is over...I'm walking into a team that hasn't had a real team lead in 2 years... They are pretty independent so I will have to tread lightly at the beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back