Archived Seasonal Hiring Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about applying to 2 different Target stores. I know if I apply online I can select multiple stores for my application. If I attend the in store hiring event at one store, will my application be reviewed by the 2nd store? I spoke to one of the HRTMs at my old store, and they expect fully open availability for weekends, along with some availability during the week. Another nearby store seems more flexible on the availability expectations. I would prefer to work at my old store, but want to make sure I get hired at one of the stores. Better to apply online, or attend the hiring event? Attend the event at one or both stores?

What is your availability? HR teams have been told to avoid people who aren't fully available on weekends, not all stores will follow that though.

The problem with trying to apply at both stores is let's say your old store turns you down after an interview because of your availabilty. The second store can't interview you for 90 days.

I would go to both hiring events and apply in person via paper. For certain seasonal positions they are changing it so you only have to do one interview.

Your old store will probably take you unless your availability sucks. When it comes to hiring seasonal a familiar face is usually preferred.

Not knowing your availability though you may get turned down if it's not to satisfaction.

I would go to both hiring events and apply in person via paper. For certain seasonal positions they are changing it so you only have to do one interview.

PassinTime, I second doing this like HR Zone said.

I recommend going early (around the start of the event) to your first choice store and fill out an app, etc. If they want to hire you, you will find out on the same day. If this store chooses not to hire you, you still have time to go to your second choice store and fill out an app, etc. (This recommendation is for if you want to get everything done on the same day. The hiring event lasts 3 days though so if you have prior engagements, you can go to the second choice store on the following day instead.)

Your old store will probably take you unless your availability sucks. When it comes to hiring seasonal a familiar face is usually preferred.

Same. We usually prefer TMs whom we have worked with in the past if they left on good terms.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Are they looking for totally open availability for Sat & Sunday? 8am-midnight??

Last year I got away with open on Sunday and just daytime availability on Sat.

Thanks, appreciate the info. Are they looking for totally open availability for Sat & Sunday? 8am-midnight??

Last year I got away with open on Sunday and just daytime availability on Sat.

Agree with yetive although the q4 hiring guide tells us we should turn down people who aren't open both Saturday and sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back