Archived seasonal pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new seasonal team members are being brought in at $11.50 hourly. When I asked HR if the rest of us would be bumped up to match the new starting rate I was told that if a team member makes less than $11 hourly they would be bumped up but anyone else that makes between $11 - $11.50 will not. That is leaving many of us multi-year vets training people that make more than us. HR claimed it was a corporate decision. Is this going on at other stores as well?

AFAIK, only electronics gets the extra fiddy cents.

Everyone else under 11 gets bumped to 11.

I got a fucking raise!

I'm training new TMs to be CAs and we both make the same.

Our new seasonal team members are being brought in at $11.50 hourly. When I asked HR if the rest of us would be bumped up to match the new starting rate I was told that if a team member makes less than $11 hourly they would be bumped up but anyone else that makes between $11 - $11.50 will not. That is leaving many of us multi-year vets training people that make more than us. HR claimed it was a corporate decision. Is this going on at other stores as well?
No seasonal team member is making more than any veteran, assuming they are in the same workcenter. Most people (including some people in HR) either don't understand it or just can't explain it clearly.

Veterans who were below the minimum for their paygrade were bumped up to the new minimum. Veterans who were above the minimum for their paygrade received nothing. New team members make the minimum for their paygrade.

Paygrades have changed. Some workcenters that were in different paygrades are now in the same one. Pay for the paygrades has changed as well.

I guess you are right. I went and looked at my pay stub online and saw that I had been bumped up. HR totally doesn't understand what you said. It didn't make sense to me because they bumped us up last time. Thanks!!

You don't see a issue with seasonal and new hires making the same amount as a target veteran?
Nothing that I said could possibly lead you to think that I think this.

I said that seasonal team members are making the same or less than veterans. Kartman says that I was wrong because he makes the same as seasonal team members, which does not mean that I was wrong at all; it completely fits with what I said. I said nothing about agreeing or disagreeing with it.

Nothing that I said could possibly lead you to think that I think this.

I said that seasonal team members are making the same or less than veterans. Kartman says that I was wrong because he makes the same as seasonal team members, which does not mean that I was wrong at all; it completely fits with what I said. I said nothing about agreeing or disagreeing with it.

The problem is what you wrote makes it sound like you are completely loyal to target and not willing or able to admit when Target is in the wrong.

That is indeed an issue that is complete bullshit but not what Xanatos said.

No seasonal team member is making more than any veteran

2gvrmGZ.gif

Basically, I stated something. Someone else said I was wrong. I said "nuh uh". I never said I agreed with what Target has done.

Want a rant? Here's a rant.

I get why Target did it this way. We're all replaceable. Including me.

But you know what? I've worked my ass off for the last 7 years. I know far, far more than any other person in the store about the two workcenters I'm in, including my TL, ETL, STL, whoever. When I work, shit gets done. I can work a shift by myself and manage to get more done than two people can, at least at Food Ave. At Starbucks, I can make drinks almost twice as fast as anyone else. That's because of the hard work I put in. Sure, a little bit of it was from getting trained, but almost all of it was my passion and dedication. I had a drive to be the best. I want to learn something from everyone I work with, whether it's from observing them or asking them a question. I deserve more pay than these new team members. Hell, I look at the lack of productivity from team members who have been there for a couple years and I know I deserve more. It sucks. Monetarily speaking, I have brought in far more profit than the team members around me and I will continue to do so, but we'll make about the same amount of money. It's not fair at all.

But as I said before, I was trying to help explain a situation by stating facts, not by expressing my opinion about the bullshit practices that have been forced upon us.

Dude. Let's get some real numbers here.

Let's take the lowest paygrade, so we'll use a cashier as an example. No new cashier is going to be paid more than a veteran cashier. Every new cashier will be hired at $11.00. Every veteran cashier will be making either $11.00 or more. My statement earlier is that no new cashier is going to be paid more than a veteran. This means that new cashiers will make the same as some veterans, but not more.

And as I said before, this only applies to people within the same workcenter, as obviously a new barista at Starbucks is likely to make more than a new cashier.

That maybe true, but you come across as very protarget and anti team member.

Or you're being hostile for no reason. The false narrative is "Target is paying new hires more than me"

The truth is "Target is paying new hires the same as me."

It sucks but it's the companies choice to have a low ceiling and a high floor.

Basically, I stated something. Someone else said I was wrong. I said "nuh uh". I never said I agreed with what Target has done.

Don't let the troll bait you brother

Last edited:
My fellow cashiers and I make 12 an hour and the other day a seasonal hire let it slip that he was hired at $12.50.

Don't believe everything you hear... I can't say how many times people have bragged about their pay and I want to tell "No you dont." But you know confidentiality and all that

He wasn't bragging. He's just a kid and wanted to know how time and a half worked since this is his first job, so I explained it to him and when we did the math he was using 12.50 and I said, wait...you make 12.50? He said yes. I was a bit peeved but kept it to myself even though I wanted to smack him

If the minimum wage at your target is $10 and you make $10.49 after being there for 2 years...

.. Then target decides to change their minimum wage to $10.50, then you get bumped up to $10.50 and all the new hires start out at $10.50. If you were previously making $10.50, then you get no bump. This your two years of "raises" mean nothing.

But if target raises the minimum wage to $10.50, then new hires won't be starting out above you (if you make $10.50).. Unless their either lying or in a higher paid work center.

When target bumps the minimum wage they should bump EVERYBODY up. Don't let your vets make the same amount as a new hire

If the minimum wage at your target is $10 and you make $10.49 after being there for 2 years...

.. Then target decides to change their minimum wage to $10.50, then you get bumped up to $10.50 and all the new hires start out at $10.50. If you were previously making $10.50, then you get no bump. This your two years of "raises" mean nothing.

But if target raises the minimum wage to $10.50, then new hires won't be starting out above you (if you make $10.50).. Unless their either lying or in a higher paid work center.

When target bumps the minimum wage they should bump EVERYBODY up. Don't let your vets make the same amount as a new hire
I want my 1.4% back, and I want it now!

From what I know at our store food team was bumbed to $11 and a new Tm for Flow starts at $11.50. Kinda shady but our TM’s are just happy they got something out of it.

From what I know at our store food team was bumbed to $11 and a new Tm for Flow starts at $11.50. Kinda shady but our TM’s are just happy they got something out of it.

Your flow team, which falls under logistics, is a higher pay grade than the food team. Nothing shady, it's the paygrade of the work center.

Same as backroom makes more starting out than cashier's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back