Archived Secret sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Excludes all gift cards, prepaid cards (airtime,entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Laneige, LEGO, Cards Against Humanity,Vitamix,Weber, Dyson, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, iRobot, Samsung TV, LG TV, Bose, Sonos, GoPro, alcohol, dairy milk, Pharmacy, Clinic, Target Optical, Target Studio and Target Mobile purchases. Additional exclusions apply on line. See Target.com for details."

They seriously called out cards against humanity?! XD

We've been told guest have to say they forgot their coupon at home. We are not instructed to simply automatically give them ten percent. Going to laugh when someone comes in on Monday demanding their receipt be adjusted.
Interesting, the blurbs throughout the ad say nothing about using the coupon, however, the fine print on the coupon says "Coupon required in stores." It will be interesting to see how each individual store handles this.
They seriously called out cards against humanity?! XD
All of these are either products Target has contracted to sell at the MSRP and not discount them without the consent of the manufacturer, or products that have such a thin margin Target would end up losing more money than they want to.

I think Target could potentially do just fine. It has been smart in not trying to compete where it won't win (or the profit won't make the investment worth it), and focused on categories that make people think of the brand. Its also beginning to tailor its strategy with food and basics. I think the flexible format stores are smart in the sense that the consumer will go to brick and mortar for certain items more and more (getting some groceries and grabbing a few items that cannot wait) but are more willing to go online for other things.

For Target to actually grow (they can get smaller but not go out of business necessarily), I am most concerned with the competition from multiple channels for long-term success. I believe that Amazon will always dominate the online markets, and to invest in online is an obvious choice, but I am afraid its pouring money into a problem against a contender that will dominate us in that marketplace. I think years ago, Target burned Amazon really bad and that relationship was ruined which is a shame. I almost wonder if a deal could have been brokered back then. Amazon is an online retailer, and more and more companies are basically utilizing the site as the interface for their own supply chain/online business. Target has just a few small advantages over Amazon in terms of online. They have existing distribution centers now in almost every major city (the stores with ship from store) and a physical presence that can take returns (not having to ship it back). The fuel that could have been achieved by selling our products through Amazon and working a deal with them to take returns in some capacity could have helped our growth in the online marketplace, and given Amazon a large channel (plus more buying power to workout deals with shipping costs). Just a thought.

Myself, I'm pretty sure with the addition of duct tape a drone could be useful 'round the place. :)

Sneak peek: not my store, found whilst browsing the #Target hashtag on Instagram
oJLvPMD.jpg

Last edited:
Target has just a few small advantages over Amazon in terms of online. They have existing distribution centers now in almost every major city (the stores with ship from store) and a physical presence that can take returns (not having to ship it back).
I don't think those are really advantages. Amazon's DCs are placed strategically enough that they can offer two day or even one day shipping for very little cost, with delivery seven days a week. And returns are easy. I had to return something last week, and they immediately refunded my money (before I even sent the product back) and gave return shipping options including free pickup.

My store has the pokeball balls. Someone I work with posted it in my city's pokemon go group. I don't think she knows what is going on lol

IIRC, CAH was concerned about retailers beating out the mom and pop game shops so I could almost guarantee that it's in the sales contract that Target can't sell below MSRP. Personally, I still can't believe Target managed to get it in stores.

That makes it sound like everything's 10% off.

Is it?

#TargetRunDay Is Coming! Save An Extra 10% On Your Purchase—Sunday Only

*Offer valid at Target or Target.com. Excludes all gift cards, prepaid cards (airtime, entertainment, iTunes, and online gaming), Laneige, LEGO, Cards Against Humanity, Vitamix, Weber, Dyson, DSLR cameras and lenses, Google products, iRobot, Samsung TV, LG TV, Bose, Sonos, GoPro, alcohol, dairy milk, Simple Human, Traeger, Duluth Pack, Pulsar, and Pharmacy, Clinic, Target Optical, Portrait Studio and Target Mobile purchases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back