Archived security case

Status
Not open for further replies.
You use the one thing to do the stuff to another thing. That's how.

I mean really, this is one of those questions you are much better off asking at work.

I do wonder how secure those clam shells are, i mean the tool to open it seems like it would be easy to reproduce, not that it's even needed at my store probably one of the reasons we changed alot of things concerning how we handle electronics.

I have found the empty cases around the store. The ones that are roped in to the shelf.

The only thing I understand stealing, is food, not frivolous things.

We have no AP. And theft is rampant at our store, we live in a upper class area snd are attached to a mall. So basically anyone can walk in with a bag from the mall and walk out with more in that bag without paying for it. We cannot do a thing without any AP it is ridiculous

I feel so bad for stores without AP, not only do you have to worry about guests just walking out with items but some team members as well. We had 1 AP person who worked 35 hours I believe up until last August and as soon as the new AP came in she caught one of the cashiers stealing from her drawer. Apparently she had stolen over 10,000$ and she was still within her 90 days... Don't know how that happen or how she got away with it for so long but.. yeaaaah every store needs AP.

There are people in our area who buy the keys online and come in and have a field day. When the tools are so easily accessible, and there are youtube videos with step by step instructions, there's not a whole lot that can be done to keep the information from getting out there. Luckily we have great AP in my location.

In all reality it wouldn't be very difficult to make one at home once you've seen the tools we use.

I have found the empty cases around the store. The ones that are roped in to the shelf.

The only thing I understand stealing, is food, not frivolous things.

Food may be more practical, but frivolous things = large amounts of cash.

I'm not even sure where the idea these tools'd need to be made is coming from. I'm pretty sure any magnet off my fridge could open a bluray case.

I doubt your magnet off the fridge is powerful enough. Anyways I feel bad for stores without an AP and updated checkpoint security at their doors that will pick up people coming into the store with foil lined bags or powerful magnets so the AP knows who to watch.

Yeah idk if a magnet off your fridge would work, but if your a college student it wouldn't be hard to walk into a science room and get a small industrial magnet.

Or buy one of ours off Ebay.
Sadly you see them all the time.

A blu Ray case? U mean to lock up movies? I just thought games and expensive electronics were locked up.

Anyway who t'f needs a key when you have negligent employees leaving iPad cases open3 days before BF so some douche can take 3 iPad air 2s and walk away Scott free...

Or the people who take phones off the displays...I hate thieves. No remorse. They are 1 reason why I have to pay more for my stuff. I don't get free shit why should they??

Ctfu I just realized y'all meant the special box the movies go in haha...

A blu Ray case? U mean to lock up movies? I just thought games and expensive electronics were locked up.

Anyway who t'f needs a key when you have negligent employees leaving iPad cases open3 days before BF so some douche can take 3 iPad air 2s and walk away Scott free...
Depends on the store maybe but mine we lock up alot of crap blu-ray, every SD and USB stick even things that cost like 6 bucks. We spider wrap things that are on locked pegs so you can't just break that plastic to get the item. Not even a high theft store just an aggressive policy. Although we don't lock up ink that easily totals over 80 bucks well above our spider wrap policy.

Depends on the store maybe but mine we lock up alot of crap blu-ray, every SD and USB stick even things that cost like 6 bucks. We spider wrap things that are on locked pegs so you can't just break that plastic to get the item. Not even a high theft store just an aggressive policy. Although we don't lock up ink that easily totals over 80 bucks well above our spider wrap policy.

We have a lot of stuff locked too at my store. Flash drives, any DVD/BluRay over x price, toys/infant hardlines over y price, small appliances and sporting goods over z price, EAS stickers on over 49.99, and other "high-value high-theft" items as determined by AP. We have a crap ton of spider wraps, clamshells, and EAS stickers, it's 1/8 of a back room aisle plus electronics has a bunch as well. And there are items that if you want to buy them, a TM or AP has to carry them to the electronics boat or if they still have shopping we throw the items in a bigger HBA case and give them that to pay up front. It would be a lot of man-hours wasted but it's less wasted by the fact that each team that deals with them a lot (electronics, hardlines, flow, BR, AP) has a few people that handle all the security devices because they can do them fast and everyone else just worries about other things because the "EAS crew" will get it. What we need, is more mini spiders, those are like gold around these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back