Archived Self-Checkout coming soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone find out if these work with CurrentC? It's kinda convenient for me to use it now that I have it setup, but I'm guessing that they haven't thought that far ahead.
I don't know bunches about the currentc program but considering the SCO units have the same card readers and have hand scanners, they should be able to use the app from a hardware standpoint. Will it be implemented? That, I can't answer.

We just got our Self Checkouts installed a couple of days ago, but they aren't open yet. My GSTL is telling me that it'll be the GSA/GSTL on duty's job to monitor the self checkout, but I can't imagine that we'll be able to juggle it as well as our other duties, especially if the self checkout require as much babying as at most supermarkets. Hopefully we'll get an extra person scheduled to monitor the SCO's, otherwise I have no idea how we'll be able to manage it.

We just got our Self Checkouts installed a couple of days ago, but they aren't open yet. My GSTL is telling me that it'll be the GSA/GSTL on duty's job to monitor the self checkout, but I can't imagine that we'll be able to juggle it as well as our other duties, especially if the self checkout require as much babying as at most supermarkets. Hopefully we'll get an extra person scheduled to monitor the SCO's, otherwise I have no idea how we'll be able to manage it.

I work at a store that has had SCO for a few months now and when the GSA/GSTL is the only one watching them it's not good. They need way too much babysitting and the GSTL doesn't have the time for it. Not to mention that area gets trashed worse than any other. Random items are left everywhere, stray bags are strewn about, and people leave trash there all time too.

Watching SCO is all about multitasking between keeping the area clean, answering questions, and making sure problems are solved quickly. Guests have no patience and people get frustrated with the SCO easily. It's really fairly simple to use if you know how it works, but most people don't. Having a dedicated person watching and tidying up the area is a must.

Not having a central monitoring screen is bad enough, but they definitely need a cashier to watch them constantly if they want to avoid guests walking off without paying (either on purpose or by accident). This happens fairly often at the grocery store I work at when the store is packed and I'm trying to monitor all 12 SCOs.

Nobody is going to look twice if a guest goes to the self checkout, bags their items, and strolls out the door.

We've had them awhile now. They need and get a cashier. However, that leaves you with one less cashier for the full service lanes. And you get less hours for cashiers once your SCO goes live. Our guests still prefer to stand in line at a lane with a cashier rather than use SCO, even when they have only 1, 2, or 3 items. Sigh, so our lines are longer than ever.

We've had them awhile now. They need and get a cashier. However, that leaves you with one less cashier for the full service lanes. And you get less hours for cashiers once your SCO goes live. Our guests still prefer to stand in line at a lane with a cashier rather than use SCO, even when they have only 1, 2, or 3 items. Sigh, so our lines are longer than ever.

Ugh. The only good news is that they really can't cut cashier coverage any further at my store. Most of the time we only have two cashiers. And there is no way we could go to one cashier and one at SCO without permanent backup.

I learned my store is getting them soon and I shuddered at the thought of it having read all the problems here. I'm wondering where it's going to be too because if it's in front of GS I bet they'll expect us to cover that and Photo Lab and GS.

We've had our SCO for two weeks now. And the fact that just three days ago we had the chip and pin update roll through our store means more bugs and guest problems at the SCO. We schedule a cashier over there for their area vs a lane. But they are constantly crashing on us because of how new they are plus our update. They are just a front end nightmare currently.

We've had our SCO for two weeks now. And the fact that just three days ago we had the chip and pin update roll through our store means more bugs and guest problems at the SCO. We schedule a cashier over there for their area vs a lane. But they are constantly crashing on us because of how new they are plus our update. They are just a front end nightmare currently.

Wow I didn't even think about how the chip and pin update will affect our SCO's. My stores SCO's are going live sometime this week or next, and I completely forgot about the chip update. That's gonna make it even harder to acclimate to.

Wow I didn't even think about how the chip and pin update will affect our SCO's. My stores SCO's are going live sometime this week or next, and I completely forgot about the chip update. That's gonna make it even harder to acclimate to.
The first day of use after the update, two of them were not taking any debit cards. And one thing that sucks is when the card reader goes down, there's no way to really reload it without voiding the whole transaction. It's gotten easier. But it is really buggy. Most days we start with 4 and end up with just 2 open from the constant crashing. :(

I don't know bunches about the currentc program but considering the SCO units have the same card readers and have hand scanners, they should be able to use the app from a hardware standpoint. Will it be implemented? That, I can't answer.

SCO does not work with CurrentC and AFAIK, there are no plans to implement it at this time.

If you have to ask that, you really don't need to know.

I suppose you're suggesting that only a Guest would ask that as opposed to a TM/TL, but I think you're overestimating Target's "training". Not surprising to me that a GSTL at a store that just got SCO wouldn't know basic things about SCO.

Anyone still having trouble with Cartwheel on their self checkouts? At my store, it won't crash the machines anymore, but you have to type in the number because it won't accept input from the hand scanner.

Has anyone else's store jammed on "Please Take Your Items"? I was at one Super the other night, and every single self checkout machine just stalled with "Please Take Your Items" (as if someone had forgotten a bag, from their purchase). Worst part though... was a few unlucky guests, didn't get their receipt either.

What I found weird.. was both sets of U-Scan's on both sides of the store (Green, Blue) both jammed at the same time. I thought the "main/central"? computer was supposed to be separate for each side. Sorta like how.. if your store has the podium, you can only see the machines on your side of the store. Thought I'd ask though, I wondered if the problem was global.

The biggest problem ours have is when you put something in the bagging area it says "Unauthorized item in bagging area - please wait for a team member" or something like that.
You can't do anything else until it's cleared &, if there's not a TM around, you have to flag someone down; big time-waster.
I've seen guests walk off when no one comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back