Archived Sell, Sell, Sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just try to greet everyone. I am able to add to the basket by simply getting the guest items from the Backroom that are out of stock on the sales floor.

No one scans research (audits) in our store so it is not uncommon to have items in the store, but empty on the shelf.

Like in Seasonal, it is not uncommon to sell an item from the back room, or to sell additional items (like a guest needs additional patio furniture cushions & the shelf might hold only 2 cushions.)
Of course no one scans b/c there are no hours, no team members, no merchandise out so how are the stores even gonna make sales? A formula for an EPIC fail!

Funny, I tell me ETL's of the things I learn here and they freak out pull me in the office and give me the hush talk because no one knows about modernization. I've kept my mouth shut about testing and pilots I come across; however I think they secretly enjoy me searching things out like this because I will be the most prepared when things roll out.
That's why I love this site!

I just did a bunch of training on selling. Looks like target is gonna start really focusing on each TM "making that sale". But you're supposed to do it in a way that makes it look like you're not a "salesperson", but a friend who cares about the things you care about, and really wants you to buy this thing because it will make you happy.
That's the shittiest thing I heard. How can I sell them something that makes them happy when Target doesn't even carry it. That's just Target's BS.

How are you supposed to know about a product? For example, a guest asks me if this is a good vacuum? How do I know? I don't get to test the products. I don't get PAID time to read reviews. No one is assigned that area to be an expert. So extend this to butter. Is the Kerry butter better than regular butter? I don't know. We don't do samples anymore. But the commercial says so.

If someone happens to have tried it, great. But as far as selling, I can't recommend a product I haven't tried myself.
Even if I tried it myself, what I like doesn't mean you will like so I can't speak for the public! Haha

Not with this new culture they want. My store etl gave us the directions of walking the person to the tm in that designated department. Then that tm is tasked with not only selling the item they want but also forming a connection that leads to at least 3 to 5 attachments that meet up with that original product.

Example guest comes in for laundry soap. Tm in girls walks them to chemicals has the tm in chemicals talk with them about the item and creates a bond by asking about their home life, their day etc and then adds fabric softener, those washing machine cleaner things, and then walks them to c block and has the tm over there add a laundry basket and one of those net bags for bras.

This is how we were told they want our store ran. . .while doing the usual target crap. This is the primary reason we have lost almost all of our long term employees and why I am now week one into my back up job. Spot is outside its damned head if it thinks just throwing this crap on etls will create what they want without making the correct investmenf in the end goal. Its just not logical.
Fuck this shit! Doing this shit for peanuts, I'd make more money selling cars than "selling" general merchandise.

Fuck this shit! Doing this shit for peanuts, I'd make more money selling cars than "selling" general merchandise.

I can't sell cars I actually know about them, if all of my car buying experience is any indicator salesmen know nothing about cars.. I had to fill out the orders on their computer for two of the cars I bought.. And that is across three states and three different manufactures.

Might be I even stop shopping at Target if I'm going to be walked from one department to another and have my cart filled with things not on my list. Ug. Any feedback from guests about this? I'm a list-shopper - have my list in hand, check things off, pay, leave. I don't want to make friends with everyone while shopping. (I sometimes shop at one of the other Targets in my area, haven't had this experience yet.)
And the one about the guest shopping for condoms - made me snort! I can think of similarly awkward conversations about laxatives and anti-fungal OTC products. Yikes.

Has anyone got their TL reviews yet? No one in my store has got ours yet and in years past we had already recieved them weeks ago. I'm just curious because when I ask about them leadership seems to brush it off and not want to give anything concrete as to when I will get it. Just seems a little fishy. Thinking they aren't giving raises or something this year to TL to justify the minimum wage increase, and they are just putting off delivering them to avoid these tough conversations.

Your leadership is just putting it off. Me and several other tl’s in the building have gotten ours already.

I got mine ,and am very satisfied both with the recognition and dollar amount.

Had my review today and it was much better than last year, but no base pay grade increase Only a larger than normal increase. I was told that there would not be any base pay increases to keep people from capping out.

Our HR told the ETL’s the deadline to deliver all TL reviews was at the latest by 4-10 (since our new pay rate was effective on 4-7). I received a 3.5 % increase and the New rate is NOT even close to the 17.75 that has been quoted in other posts. I’m curious if the review raise is independent of the PG45 rate increase that is yet to happen or if the poster that quoted 17.75 was wrong ?
Team Member reviews are to be delivered week of 4/22. Told it is important that tm understand the review increases were based on performance level so that when the ALL 13.00 takes effect that that increase (or not) is independent of what they “earned” for last years performance.
So don’t worry if the review was good or bad. The 12.50 tm with a poor review gets no raise , the 12.50 tm with good review Gets a .50 raise. Then the ALL 13. Goes into effect: the tm with the good review STAYS at 13. while the tm with the bad review goes TO 13. Automatically. 🤷‍♀️

Our HR told the ETL’s the deadline to deliver all TL reviews was at the latest by 4-10 (since our new pay rate was effective on 4-7). I received a 3.5 % increase and the New rate is NOT even close to the 17.75 that has been quoted in other posts. I’m curious if the review raise is independent of the PG45 rate increase that is yet to happen or if the poster that quoted 17.75 was wrong ?
Team Member reviews are to be delivered week of 4/22. Told it is important that tm understand the review increases were based on performance level so that when the ALL 13.00 takes effect that that increase (or not) is independent of what they “earned” for last years performance.
So don’t worry if the review was good or bad. The 12.50 tm with a poor review gets no raise , the 12.50 tm with good review Gets a .50 raise. Then the ALL 13. Goes into effect: the tm with the good review STAYS at 13. while the tm with the bad review goes TO 13. Automatically. 🤷‍♀️

Why even bother? You suck ..... here's your raise. You're a great employee .... here's your sage raise.

Had my review today and it was much better than last year, but no base pay grade increase Only a larger than normal increase. I was told that there would not be any base pay increases to keep people from capping out.
Are you pg45 already? Or pg40 moving up. Was your raise above or below 1 dollar?

Why even bother? You suck ..... here's your raise. You're a great employee .... here's your sage raise.
The sad thing is the team is already use to this because of the last two years. No one will bat an eye because they all know it's coming only new team members get excited

Actually, this is the first year no one really DID bother.
In the past, 12 or more ratings and comments were required for each tm, took HOURS !
This year: 3 scores, no comments, click/click, finished in MINUTES !!
Reviews were really NOT a priority this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back