Archived Sensitive HRTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSA Kid

GSA and Presentation TM
So today I was opening GSA and about 2 hours into my shift my store's HR team member signed a new TM up for a redcard. I then jokingly said to her something along the lines of, "I don't think I should call this one out, it's kind of cheating getting a team member to sign up." I then proceeded to recognize her over the walkie RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. I didn't think anything of it (just a harmless little remark) but then a few hours later the LOD came to me and said that she wanted to "follow up with me about what happened earlier" and the the HRTM was offended by what I said. I've been at my store for two years and what I said was definitely something that anyone would say. I'm worried that now I'm on the bad side of HR and I really respect this particular SrTL and I'm worried that she lost some respect for me today. I already apoligized to the HRTM in person but I'm still worried and it's kind of ruining my day. Any advice on what I should do?

I can see how the comment would offend someone that isn't in the position to get redcards often. Since you showed sincerity, I'm sure you're fine with the TL. In the future, just express your gratitude unless you know the person well enough to crack a joke ;)

The part I don't understand is that this TM gets more redcards than most cashiers and cracks jokes all the time. It all just seemed kind of strange to me, especially since I was smiling and laughing the whole time it was happening

It could have also offended her not just because of the comment itself, but because you said it in front of a new team member. You may have been joking, but the new tm doesn't know that so you just made the HR tm look really bad by saying that. But you did the right thing by apologizing. Don't dwell on it too much (easier said than done I know, but still.)

She sound little too sensitive
^This. You would not believe how easily some people are offended. I think I was the exception to the rule in HR-not much offended me. But, most HRTM's and HRTL's are straight arrows on Target brand.

You did a good thing by apologizing. Just be mindful of how you talk to her and what you say around her. HRTM's at my old store were well known for telling on team members for the smallest off-brand comments.

^This. You would not believe how easily some people are offended. I think I was the exception to the rule in HR-not much offended me. But, most HRTM's and HRTL's are straight arrows on Target brand.

You did a good thing by apologizing. Just be mindful of how you talk to her and what you say around her. HRTM's at my old store were well known for telling on team members for the smallest off-brand comments.

That's what I hate. Everyone is offended by something.

I once made myself get a little teary eyed when having a chat session with the ETL-HR. I was talking about AE 13 when they got rid of the HR TL. I'm not sure why I did it. I guess what I'm saying is you can turn the sensitivity on and off if you wanna get someone in trouble.

Okay I am sure you are hounded every day about red cards. You have someone who got someone to sign up. No one else signed that team member up. Be happy you had someone sign up. It doesn't matter if it was a team member or anyone else. Bottom line is your red card goal for your shift was increased. Stupid comment, apology given, lesson learned, case closed.

You apologized to the HRTM, if you feel you need to you could follow up with the etl and let them know that you apologized and you meant no harm by "joking" with the hrtm. Some may think the HRTM over reacted...truth be told maybe they were just having a bad day and you saying that is the straw that broke the camels back...they took it the way they took it...which sadly wasn't the way you meant it . You did what you could to fix the situation...don't beat yourself up over it

I can't stop thinking about it because now I'm worried that she will make my schedule even worse than she already makes it. I've been told that both she and my ETL-HR think that I'm too nice to complain about it (which is kind of true, especially since I get more hours than most of the TMs at my store thanks to my STL). Even thought I apologized, I feel like this just gives her more motivation to screw me over.

So today I was opening GSA and about 2 hours into my shift my store's HR team member signed a new TM up for a redcard. I then jokingly said to her something along the lines of, "I don't think I should call this one out, it's kind of cheating getting a team member to sign up." I then proceeded to recognize her over the walkie RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. I didn't think anything of it (just a harmless little remark) but then a few hours later the LOD came to me and said that she wanted to "follow up with me about what happened earlier" and the the HRTM was offended by what I said. I've been at my store for two years and what I said was definitely something that anyone would say. I'm worried that now I'm on the bad side of HR and I really respect this particular SrTL and I'm worried that she lost some respect for me today. I already apoligized to the HRTM in person but I'm still worried and it's kind of ruining my day. Any advice on what I should do?

I have to confess I have never been the most PC person in the world so I do not see what is actually offensive here. Was it the way (the actual words and tone of voice) you said it? In my store they are just focused on opening redcards it could be a backroom or flow TM for all it matters. Although over the years I have heard many things said over the walkie by ETL's that would get a regular Team member or even Team lead in a bit of trouble. It was a good ideal for you to apologize in the end though.

What I said to her and the way I said it is something that I would say to my GSTL, ETL, and even my STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back