Archived Serious note

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a volunteer emt/firefighter for my county. Yesterday we received a call for an attempted suicide at my former Target. It was one of the team members went into the hr office and couple hours later tried to kill themselves. Reason I bring this up is no matter what is happening in your life or how bad things seem always seek help. There are people out there who are more than willing to listen to you and help you figure out the next steps. Hardships in life are temporary and can be overwhelming but they can be overcome.

Can't imagine getting that stressed over Target. It's just a shitty retail job. Just leave

You don't know what else was going on in the person's life. Their job at Target may only be a part of it. Also, for some people it isn't a just a shitty job. I have friends who have worked for the company for 15+ years. They are unable to get "better" jobs for various reasons, and this is where they work, where their friends are, etc. It's a big part of their lives.

It's not just Target, you shouldn'tlet any job have a big enough effect on your mental health. It's just not worth it., If you can get employed at Target, than Walmart, Sam's Club and more are options

It's not just Target, you shouldn'tlet any job have a big enough effect on your mental health. It's just not worth it., If you can get employed at Target, than Walmart, Sam's Club and more are options
Like others have said you /we don't know what else is going on in someone elses life. You never know what battles others are fighting be it mental, physical etc.

Can't imagine getting that stressed over Target. It's just a shitty retail job. Just leave

Like others have said you /we don't know what else is going on in someone elses life. You never know what battles others are fighting be it mental, physical etc.

Saying these types of things can make things worse for someone who is struggling with depression or some other life challenges.

Telling someone to "just get over it" can make the person feel even worse. Professional help is what is needed.

So think before you say something like this, or offer any other simplistic advice.

I hope the TM pulls through and gets some good professional help. Sending good thoughts to them, their family and friends, and to all the TMs and Leaders at that store.

Who said Target is what's stressing them out? Life is hard all around, I am thankful for Target. Puts food on the table for my family even if there are things about the job that stress me out.
It was more of an if. Given the info

As someone who has lost friends to suicide, I can't imagine how horrible / terrified leadership must have been. Sad situation all around. Hoping the TM seeks the proper help. There's always a way out, even if I doesn't seem like it

I'm a volunteer emt/firefighter for my county. Yesterday we received a call for an attempted suicide at my former Target. It was one of the team members went into the hr office and couple hours later tried to kill themselves. Reason I bring this up is no matter what is happening in your life or how bad things seem always seek help. There are people out there who are more than willing to listen to you and help you figure out the next steps. Hardships in life are temporary and can be overwhelming but they can be overcome.
Thank you for willingly giving your time to respond to such things. It's hard, and not for everyone.

We recently had a veteran cause an altercation then take his own life. It's a sad place yup be.

english51.gif

Threads like this suck, because they always boil down to two very dismissive points. It's either, "just don't be that way" or "I dunno, just call this fucking number." Great. Solid advice. Might as well tell a smoker that smoking is bad for them. They know.

We've got a tight-knit tribe in our SB/FA & the person who may have hit rock-bottom is sometimes one of the ones stepping up after another has suffered a devastating circumstance.
There's a couple of kids we have to keep watch on at times but everyone needs to know that they can call SOMEONE no matter what.

everyone needs to know that they can call SOMEONE no matter what.

This. As someone with a long history of depression, etc. I can tell you it isn't always easy. I have a lot of people that I'm friendly with at my store but I am still very guarded about what I share and with whom. A lot of people think its easy to just get over it, its just a job, and so on. They can't understand what it's like for someone like me. Trust me, I would love to just shake off the negative stuff and move on, but its not that simple.

This. As someone with a long history of depression, etc. I can tell you it isn't always easy. I have a lot of people that I'm friendly with at my store but I am still very guarded about what I share and with whom. A lot of people think its easy to just get over it, its just a job, and so on. They can't understand what it's like for someone like me. Trust me, I would love to just shake off the negative stuff and move on, but its not that simple.

This. I'm with ya one this one. But not alot of people know about the anxiety I have at work. It's something that not everyone understands and the fear of judgement is real.

I've lost family and friends to suicide. I've had friends die inmy arms after an ied went off. You never know what triggers a person to feel they have no way out except to finally "pull the trigger" all we can do is try to listen anytime someone comes to us. A lot just having a sounding board helps more than anyone can imagine

We have a TM who makes eeyore comments. Ive personally made sure to say hi to him as my way of letting him know he's important. We had our whole leadership team let him know how they can help. I always think what if no one cared...

We have a TM who makes eeyore comments. Ive personally made sure to say hi to him as my way of letting him know he's important. We had our whole leadership team let him know how they can help. I always think what if no one cared...
We have a guy that just walks with his head down...never talks to anyone. I made a point of talking to him, now he chats me up every time we work together, even initiating conversation. So that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back