Archived sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with target over six months and had an incident occure with sexual harassment. When I first reported the man my GL informed me this is not the guys first time being reported. However upon meeting with HR I was treated with lack of compassion, down right rudness, and even my job security being brought up. Matters have just gotten worse from there. The man has kept his job only to be moved to a different shift and two women have approached me that they too have had issues with this man and are too afraid to come forward after my treatment. I have tried to bypass this woman in HR and have just hit a brick wall at every turn. Suggestions? Because I can't get this out of my head and its affecting my work at a Jo. I otherwise love.

I just don't want anymore pressure on me after calling the hotline. Because obviously, they will know it was me. I tried to tell my GL about the other girls and all he does when I bring up the subject is turn it back to work and say he will get back with me. My other GL quit last week but her last conversation with me she POINT BLANK reminded me I need this job for the insurance for my sick son and told me my integrity has been questioned.

Ok, your store sounds super toxic as far as work environment goes. I strongly urge you to consider just talking to a lawyer about this then, generally you can get a quick advice and consultation about whether a lawsuit is necessary. Make sure to document everything when you talk to them.

Thank you. I am seeking to be very cautious with my next move on this since so far it has been a living nightmare. But I believe you are right. I am just not looking forward to the additional stress and strain and being beyond uncomfortable at work. But it seems I have no other choice. I can't continue to work like this.

My sister has had issues with it, hope you can find someone sympathetic with your situation. She unfortunately just left instead of pursuing action from corporate.

It kind of irks me that your ETL-HR wouldn't do something about this, it's right down their damn alley.

OP, are you at a distribution center? I take it by GL you mean group leader.

Don't be afraid to keep pushing this issue... If they won't take this issue seriously then they will face serious legal trouble, and you could sue them for a lot of money.

Also your job is NOT on the line. If you lose your job or face any other negative effects due to this situation, it would be a form of retaliation, and they'd be in DEEP ****.

Yes I am. And I actually had to go home sick because of an anxiety attack earlierfrom all of the issues that have stemmed from this. When telling my GL in near tears that I couldn't take anymore and had go home (I saw the guy coming into work as well), my GL said he would just get the same woman from HR to call me tomorrow. I reminded him yet again of how she has treated me and asked if someone else could call me and his reply was he might be able to get someone else. I am at my last straw and perhaps should not have put so much faith in the company to at some turn fix all if this.

Side note HR lady has been neither humane or resourceful. I can't even believe she has the title.

Document everything including the undue stress this is causing you. I would seek legal counsel since it sounds like they're dragging their feet on this matter.

Sexual harassment is serious, and since coworkers of yours have had the same issue with this person, they should be doing something about it.

Did you call integrity yet? (Dcs can call this line too, no?)

Yes we can and that is what I am doing tonight once I collect myself

Good luck, I hope it works out. You don't deserve to be mistreated the way you are.

Let us know what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. It's nice to finally be treated that way. I am so glad I found this. And I will definitely keep this posted. I wish I had just found it sooner.

Real important that you write everything down.
Get as much of it as you can, conversations, everything, on paper as soon as possible.
And it sound like you are going to either go higher up in corporate or get a lawyer.

I called the integrity hotline but after explaining the initial harrassment slowly he cut me off and tried to give me a report number. I tried to explain to him my issue with the treatment I have revieved, and he was just like... Someone will be in contact with you.

It took me two hours to make that call.

Document everything like others have said. Stay strong & focus. Keep on that hr person & go to her boss to express your concerns.
Good luck! Welcome, by the way!

After you report the initial incident, they will give you a report # and follow up with your GL.

After they speak to your GL, they will contact you and ask for additional information.

Be patient!

As for the anxiety, if it was enough to make you leave work, put in for sick hours if you have any to cover for that loss. Make sure you have record of any extra difficulties it has caused, because should you seek legal counsel they will get that included. Don't be afraid to see a doctor for some emergency meds, especially if you're getting nervous outside of work. Anxiety can be crippling and no one should be living with that constant panic.

I went back into work tonight. Rumor is the guy was fired. But I don't have a meeting with the head of my department until tomorrow. But I had another woman approach me who has been here for years and told me she has had the same issues and went round and round with HR and managers and nothing was done. She told me nobody cares around here about the women. This all just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe how the woman here have been made to feel.

I went back into work tonight. Rumor is the guy was fired. But I don't have a meeting with the head of my department until tomorrow. But I had another woman approach me who has been here for years and told me she has had the same issues and went round and round with HR and managers and nothing was done. She told me nobody cares around here about the women. This all just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe how the woman here have been made to feel.

I am happy to hear the hotline was actually useful to you. So many times we hear differently on here and at our stores. I applaud you for your bravery though! Not everyone would be willing to do what you did, knowing it might get back to them. You did the right thing for everyone. Great job!

We have only heard of the hotline being called once before in this center. And it was taken very seriously last time as well. I don't know if it is different situation for distribution centers or not. But that number is respected where I am at.

I just want you to know that despite everything you're going through at work and how they're making you feel, we have you're back.
As a man with daughters I wouldn't stand for them being in you position and I'm sorry you have to go through this kind of dreck.
Stand tall, there was a time when women just had to put up and shut up but that is no longer the case.
You will triumph in the end.
Kick ass and take names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back