Archived SFQ...Supremely Foolish Quest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours upon hours spent meticulously zoning, measuring, changing counts, backstocking, filling.... The next day the aisle is back to the same overfilled situation. The amount of payroll spent doing the same thing over and over and over again is starting to seriously frost me. How is your store doing with this?

I clean the popcorn machine every night when I close FA and it gets fouled up the very next day.

BFD!

Job security!

Hours upon hours spent meticulously zoning, measuring, changing counts, backstocking, filling.... The next day the aisle is back to the same overfilled situation. The amount of payroll spent doing the same thing over and over and over again is starting to seriously frost me. How is your store doing with this?

Sounds a lot like a normal day on Instocks, to me.

You know how many times I have zoned the Laundry Detergent aisle? or the pillow aisle? or the towels? or shoes? or paper towels? or kleenex?

How about forgetting to unload a truck? It gets taken away loaded & replaced by a new loaded truck. That happened at my friend's store. Now the counts are way off.
I thought the items weren't added to the inventory until the truck is acknowledged? That's why when you check the last received date on a myDevice, it lists the date and exact time the Flow TL acknowledged it.

How does that even happen?
:/
Add-on truck that nobody knew about? Or the only people notified were on vacation?

I thought the items weren't added to the inventory until the truck is acknowledged? That's why when you check the last received date on a myDevice, it lists the date and exact time the Flow TL acknowledged it.

Interesting...I just questioned this due to wanky OH numbers. I was told that the inventory belongs to the store once it is loaded onto the truck. True or not true? (Not that I don't believe my ETLs....)

Interesting...I just questioned this due to wanky OH numbers. I was told that the inventory belongs to the store once it is loaded onto the truck. True or not true? (Not that I don't believe my ETLs....)
Only once it is acknowledged does it drop into your system. For FDC it is why we don't acknowledge it if there is an inventory on the same night.

Only once it is acknowledged does it drop into your system. For FDC it is why we don't acknowledge it if there is an inventory on the same night.

This is true, but the dc will call if a dci is not acknowledged, and most of the time a clueless etl will force acknowledge it and not investigate first. Many times I had to bitch out etls for this.

This is true, but the dc will call if a dci is not acknowledged, and most of the time a clueless etl will force acknowledge it and not investigate first. Many times I had to bitch out etls for this.
we had 3 FDC trucks not acknowledged, seems like some TL didn't do their job when the truck arrived at 4 AM and now we are swimming in dairy back stock so mush that we have 15 carts of back stock and no room to back stock any more.
Oh, and we get 2 more trucks this weekend, 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday ... not looking forward to all this crap that will have to be qmos'd !!

We used to have 2 out of 3 fdc trucks a week not acknowledged. When the cafs hit and I saw these insane numbers I always knew what it was.

Add-on truck that nobody knew about? Or the only people notified were on vacation?
The truck got acknowledged. My friend's was off when it happened.

That's what I thought...until items that showed OH with none on the floor and none in the back began to show up on the next truck.

So, we have no peanut m&ms at the check lanes. There are none in back. Guests have been bitching for two weeks. I did the sfq and put all the salesfloor locations to zero, but of course it still said we had 103 of them, so they weren't coming in any time before hell freezes over. So I did the "wrong" thing and researched it out to zero. Now at least we should get some in on the next candy delivery. What in the hell else was I supposed to do?

we had 3 FDC trucks not acknowledged, seems like some TL didn't do their job when the truck arrived at 4 AM and now we are swimming in dairy back stock so mush that we have 15 carts of back stock and no room to back stock any more.
Oh, and we get 2 more trucks this weekend, 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday ... not looking forward to all this crap that will have to be qmos'd !!

I taught all of my backroom day tms as well as my pa how to log in to, read, and use rwt. Every day as part of the sda routine, they made sure the food truck was acknowledged. If it came later, they checked before the cafs dropped.

So, we have no peanut m&ms at the check lanes. There are none in back. Guests have been bitching for two weeks. I did the sfq and put all the salesfloor locations to zero, but of course it still said we had 103 of them, so they weren't coming in any time before hell freezes over. So I did the "wrong" thing and researched it out to zero. Now at least we should get some in on the next candy delivery. What in the hell else was I supposed to do?

Are the check lanes tied? Meaning do all the check lane locations pop up as options to zero? With our remodel they broke all check lane pogs and only retied the new SCO pogs and the four express lanes the moved over. The 14 did not exist anymore so candy order went to nothing and all of them basically went empty until we found it after being blamed that were not scanning it, which we don't really as norm. But what a shit storm when we found that.

Just a thought.

If not my support. But yes change on hands to zero. Totally correct, cause you will have to do that anyway.

If anything, I feel like SFQ has helped reduce the amount of product that cycles through the constant pulling and backstocking. When I backstock something now, it generally stays there. And if it does come out in the next CAF, it will usually actually go out.

I clean the popcorn machine every night when I close FA and it gets fouled up the very next day.

BFD!

Job security!
Do you even know what SFQ is? This is a BFD. I don't usually get testy, but I am not complaining. I am asking for input on a new roll out, not smart assed remarks that make you look like you actually know anything at all about the synergy of the process teams. I don't give a flying f*ck about job security. If this works, THAT would be job security. If it continues to fail, that is reason to not keep people.

my ETL log told us today SFQ is not really working.
that does not surprise me at all. not one single itty bitty bit.

If anything, I feel like SFQ has helped reduce the amount of product that cycles through the constant pulling and backstocking. When I backstock something now, it generally stays there. And if it does come out in the next CAF, it will usually actually go out.

SFQ will work amazingly well if the floor capacity is set correctly, as in it reflects the reality of what will actually fit on the shelf not the hopes and dreams of the one eyed nematode that dreams up the planograms says will fit, if the on floor count matches what is actually on the shelf not what's on the shelf and what ever else is floating around Spot knows where else in the store. there is a big bonus if the on hand count is near to being correct but oddly enough no so much with regard to getting the floor stocked, it will jack up getting new product in if it is to far off.

if the triggers could be set to pull one to one then most of the issues with stocking the floor will be taken care of. having Instocks research some thing and it not generate a batch to pull that same day is massively odd. we were told that the item will get pulled through magical gerbils or something at a later time?!?!? really???? this is supposed to help us keep the floor stocked how???

SFQ has some really good things going for it but like most thing Target comes up with we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot whilst coloring the walls with crayons. Plano is supposed to redo/check the capacities when the reset/do revisions but that takes a bit of time which they weren't given any more time to get that important bit of work done. So SFQ is going to tank like most of what corporate comes up with because… well…… Target. Corporate is good with coming up with some pretty good ideas then fails to follow through with effective planing and communication with the TM's that will be doing the work.

as far as I know not one person on Instocks or Plano has ever been informed, received any training on what SFQ is or how our jobs relate to the new and improved way we do things now. Ask an ETL, you say? If I could find them… oh wait that are over at Starbucks…………

is there any info out there about SFQ? we were/have been left to discover this on our own.
--

a bit ranty but meh, I feels better. :)

Our Instocks and plano teams have been trained. We get it. Once the SFQ has been completed there is little to no support from the other teams to maintain what should be awesome. I know that it has been explained. Huddles for flow and salesfloor have been held in areas that have recently had SFQ intensive therapy, but it is for naught. How do we remedy this??

Our Instocks and plano teams have been trained. We get it. Once the SFQ has been completed there is little to no support from the other teams to maintain what should be awesome. I know that it has been explained. Huddles for flow and salesfloor have been held in areas that have recently had SFQ intensive therapy, but it is for naught. How do we remedy this??

by doing our TL's and ETL's job. keep track of the amount of hours it takes to fix the areas that get jacked up. once you get a good sized sample double them and that is close to the amount of payroll wasted because Bob from the sales floor decide to not stock properly. Simplified to the point of near uselessness but such is the way we are trained in the land of Spot.

basically track everything and try to give that info to the responsible parties in a manner that has a higher probability of getting a positive result. "hey mr/mrs/ms/?? flying gerbil of an STL we are wasting X amount of payroll because Bob's not following procedure. meaning you aren't going to get that big fat bonus that is twice what I make in a year unless we can get Bob to do his job right."

something like that or get creative and start robo calling the Integrity hotline to see how long it take to get a new STL?

Our instocks team has to do cleanup for Plano. We follow up behind them change capacities, make sure they didn't miss anything in the back, and make sure it looks nice. It's a wonderful waste of time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back