Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest....want to return this game.
Me....do you have a receipt?
Guest....no, it was in my pants pocket and I washed it. (I'm assuming that the pants got washed with the receipt!!)
Guest's wife....no, we don't have the receipt, we lost it.
Me....I can use your ID.....
Guest......here.....
Me.....you'll be getting $35.00 back on a gift card.
Guest's wife......but we paid over $70.00 for that!!!
Me.....sorry, that's the total without a receipt.
Guest & wife confer.....we'll just keep the game.
Guest's wife....I'll see if I can find the receipt.
Me....OK

About an hour later:

Guest's wife.....here's the game and the receipt.
Me....Oh, I see you found it....I thought that your husband had washed it.
Guest's wife........................

Me....seeing that the return price was only about two dollars above what they would have received without the receipt over their "but we paid over $70.00 for that!" I said, VERY nicely....your return price is $37.--....not the over $70.00 that you thought.......have a nice afternoon!

The only thing I worried about was that there was some LOD lurking about.....and was waiting for a reprimand for what I had said. Sometimes it is nice to be able to call out a guest in their lies.

that used to happen years ago when i first worked for target some lady would attach our price tags to kmart clothing sometimes the clothing still had kmart tags she always had a receipt and the excuse from the guest service team member was she has a receipt we have to take it back. i told her no you don't have to take it back item does not match tag or receipt. needless to say she didn't last long at target

We've had people try and bring stuff back to pharmacy too, saying GS told them if they purchased it in pharmacy, they have to return it to pharmacy. For one, we don't ring out ANYTHING that would be spider wrapped because we can't remove them. Second, we've been told by GS to send them all up front.

To be fair though, I have encountered a screen when I try a certain return that says "Can't do this return. Send guest to Pharmacy." (or something in that variation) several times. Not an item that was spider wrapped but if I recall it was small batteries for hearing aids and ear drops, I believe.

To be fair though, I have encountered a screen when I try a certain return that says "Can't do this return. Send guest to Pharmacy." (or something in that variation) several times. Not an item that was spider wrapped but if I recall it was small batteries for hearing aids and ear drops, I believe.

True, but that doesn't pop up for headphones for example. Just a very small selection of Pharmacy items. I had that message come up for a cheap bottle of Johnson & Johnson baby soap though. I felt like an idiot telling the guest they had to return it in pharmacy. Lol.

That does happen with our NOP/OTC items...especially stuff we special order. Usually, GS will call us to let us know when that happens.

Hearing aid batteries are Target items, though, so I'm not sure why they would come up to return to pharmacy, unless they were special ordered for the guest. Ear drops as well???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back