Archived Should I ask for a raise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a TM and just hit my 10 year anniversary as a store Team Member.

Right now I'm a Beauty Team Member but I've had experience in soft lines, hard lines, market, back room, cashier, new team member training, and flow team.

It still really bothers me that I'm making about the same as the new team members walking in the door after a whole decade. I understand this is due to the increase in min wage and overall Target starting pay, however I think it’s a bit unfair to seasoned team members.

I personally would like to ask for a raise simply to compensate and recognize the 10 years I have dedicated to the company.

In fact, I think every seasoned team member should have something to show for their loyalty to Target that should reflect on their pay check.

What are your thoughts on this?

My standing is good so that shouldn't be a problem.

Would this be an unreasonable request?

Last edited:
There's no harm in asking. I think it's reasonable. If they say they don't do things like that remind them there's a first for everything.

Good luck!

I'm a TM and just hit my 10 year anniversary as a store Team Member.

Right now I'm a Beauty Team Member but I've had experience in soft lines, hard lines, market, back room, cashier, new team member training, and flow team.

It still really bothers me that I'm making about the same as the new team members walking in the door after a whole decade. I understand this is due to the increase in min wage and overall Target starting pay, however I think it’s a bit unfair to seasoned team members.

I personally would like to ask for a raise simply to compensate and recognize the 10 years I have dedicated to the company.

In fact, I think every seasoned team member should have something to show for their loyalty to Target that should reflect on their pay check.

What are your thoughts on this?

My standing is good so that shouldn't be a problem.

Would this be an unreasonable request?
I think you get a gift card for 10 years of loyalty, @HRZone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back