I'm Lost! Should I call the hotline about my termination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something isn't adding up. While red card application fraud cases aren't exactly rare, they also aren't as common as you're describing. It sounds like a lot of people at your store are being fired for this. Maybe the culture at your store led to this, I'm just not buying it's as rampant as you describe. These cases are pretty hard to prove.

Another thing. I get people to sign admission statements all the time. It's my job to convince people to do it. But if I personally had to advise anyone on these matters, it's best to not sign anything.

Thank you. Ive been calling the OP out for the lack of facts for awhile now.

Thank you. Ive been calling the OP out for the lack of facts for awhile now.
I'm not trying to prove myself to you guys. You guys weren't there and none of you are in the position to do any investigating of any sort to find out what the truth is. I came here because I thought things were super fishy. The disbelief I've been met with here only validates what I thought initially. That this is super weird and unusual. You can be an asshole about it all you want, but you've given me the validation I needed to call the hotline and submit a report. Honestly, it seems like you're the one trolling me, insisting that I have to be lying. Because no one has ever been wrongfully fired for sketchy stuff in the history of working at this company (sarcasm).

I'm not trying to prove myself to you guys. You guys weren't there and none of you are in the position to do any investigating of any sort to find out what the truth is. I came here because I thought things were super fishy. The disbelief I've been met with here only validates what I thought initially. That this is super weird and unusual. You can be an asshole about it all you want, but you've given me the validation I needed to call the hotline and submit a report. Honestly, it seems like you're the one trolling me, insisting that I have to be lying. Because no one has ever been wrongfully fired for sketchy stuff in the history of working at this company (sarcasm).
:rolleyes:

I really don't understand what it is you're going for here. I'm a new member who's only commented on this thread and I'm assuming you've been here a while, so I'm not about to start a flame war with you, but what's your deal? You're not asking questions or adding anything, you're just kinda being a dick. I'd say you're playing devil's advocate, but like I said, you're not giving me anything to work with. You're talking about how there's not enough information, but you don't ask for any details you just say things don't add up. Things don't sound right. That's the point, my dude. I don't think they sound right either. I don't think they add up either. If you have nothing to contribute, why are you even commenting in this thread??

I really don't understand what it is you're going for here. I'm a new member who's only commented on this thread and I'm assuming you've been here a while, so I'm not about to start a flame war with you, but what's your deal? You're not asking questions or adding anything, you're just kinda being a dick. I'd say you're playing devil's advocate, but like I said, you're not giving me anything to work with. You're talking about how there's not enough information, but you don't ask for any details you just say things don't add up. Things don't sound right. That's the point, my dude. I don't think they sound right either. I don't think they add up either. If you have nothing to contribute, why are you even commenting in this thread??

You called the hot line. Everyone is getting fired. What else is there to say? You need to move on to another thread.

You called the hot line. Everyone is getting fired. What else is there to say? You need to move on to another thread.
I'm giving updates because at least 1 person posted in the thread saying to post updates. If you're not interested, you can literally just ignore it. You're a fucking drama queen stirring shit up for no reason.

I'm interested & would appreciate the updates.
I hope some kind of resolution comes out of this having observed akin to this situation at my own store a while back.
Same. 3 or 4 people got fired for red card fraud at my store around the same time. It's more common than people think.

Don't take the skepticism personal I think a lot of us are shocked a store can be run so poorly

Oh my goodness, im sorry to hear this happened to you. YES call the hotline, also there may be an employment lawsuit if everything you say is true...if they can not truly show proof and thats what you were fired for. You may end up with a decent chunck of change. If you are telling the 100% truth, please fight this. This situation is everything that is wrong with this world.

This is terrible. Good luck

So some updates. I finally got a response (dated 7/27) in the mail where they gave me no information whatsoever and basically just said they reviewed the info and they're standing by my termination. On the hotline website's follow-up page I sent a response asking for answers but that was over a week ago and I haven't gotten another response yet. A few days ago my unemployment got approved. Unemployment only gets approved when you were fired through no fault of your own, so that basically means that they contacted Target and Target was unable to provide sufficient evidence. So I still haven't really been given any information about evidence or proof why I was fired, but clearly I'm not the only person Target can't provide to. Seems to me like there is no evidence.

Since calling the hotline was fruitless, I called the HR Operations Center. When I told them my situation, they basically told me they don't deal with those kinds of issues and they just directed me to the hotline. I called the hotline and they told me they are an outside company who files reports and that I should contact my company's HR department. I did this back and forth 3 times and I've been asking the HROC people if they can give me a number where I can talk to a person who works at the company about my issue and they basically just told me they couldn't help me. I need answers and I have no idea what to do.

Sorry man, but I think you have gotten as much as you are going to get out of Spot.
They don't have to give you anymore than they have, so they won't.
It's probably best to just move on.

I had a lawyer behind me and didn't get much more than you did.

So some updates. I finally got a response (dated 7/27) in the mail where they gave me no information whatsoever and basically just said they reviewed the info and they're standing by my termination. On the hotline website's follow-up page I sent a response asking for answers but that was over a week ago and I haven't gotten another response yet. A few days ago my unemployment got approved. Unemployment only gets approved when you were fired through no fault of your own, so that basically means that they contacted Target and Target was unable to provide sufficient evidence. So I still haven't really been given any information about evidence or proof why I was fired, but clearly I'm not the only person Target can't provide to. Seems to me like there is no evidence.

Since calling the hotline was fruitless, I called the HR Operations Center. When I told them my situation, they basically told me they don't deal with those kinds of issues and they just directed me to the hotline. I called the hotline and they told me they are an outside company who files reports and that I should contact my company's HR department. I did this back and forth 3 times and I've been asking the HROC people if they can give me a number where I can talk to a person who works at the company about my issue and they basically just told me they couldn't help me. I need answers and I have no idea what to do.

At least you're getting unemployment. What's your final goal? To get your job back at Target?

I'd like to have my employment record cleared of an unsubstantiated accusation of credit card fraud. It's rough applying to places when they ask if you were fired from your last job and why

Well good luck...but you were also only there for 2 years. You don't even have to mention Target next time you apply somewhere.

Sounds like your store was looking for an escape goat for processing a number of fraudulent applications. Or AP needed to make their numbers for internals. The application process in the old days was way more hands on. But today, you just scan the license and the pin pad takes over for most part.

You could contact the District HR and have them look over your termination and event documentation (if any). Request copies of the documentation for sure.

If you want to pursue legal action, check with your state employment/labor relations office. And research on filing a wrongful termination claim.

Target was my first/only job so far

So, there's no "official employment record" where companies can enter notes. If the hotline didn't help and HROC didn't help, I suggest you contact a lawyer to smooth things out with corporate. Unfortunately for you it sounds like you were railroaded and forced out. It sucks, it happens. Get a new job and get over it. We can't be of any more help than we already have.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back